IGNORED

Team For Barnsley - Attack Attack Attack!

ciderbeans

.....................Heaton......................

Wilson......carey...........fontaine.....cunningham

......................Skuse......................

Adomah...................................woolford

.....................Davies......................

...........Stead.............baldock.............

.......................Heaton............................

Wilson ....carey....Fontaine....Cunningham

.................Skuse......Pearson..................

Adomah.......................................woolford

..................Taylor......Baldock...................

subs: Stead, Anderson, Morris, Foster, Davies, Gerken, Wilson

Agreed, barring injurys or new signings, i'd say thats the team Del will go with.

I don't see how Del can drop Stead. That said I don't know how he could drop Taylor either...

Pretty simple for me, Baldock in for Taylor. Of course that is harsh on Taylor who was impressive against Palace and Cardiff, but I just feel Stead should just about get the nod over him.

Although if there is one thing McInnes has shown during his time here it is that he is anything but predictable in the way he picks the team.

I don't see how Del can drop Stead. That said I don't know how he could drop Taylor either...

Completely agree that Stead doesn't deserve to be dropped however I think that we really need Baldock's pace up front to get in behind Barnsleys back line.

Stead could well start instead of Taylor but I think Taylor has a great touch for a big guy which will see him get the nod. A Rotherham supporting friend tells me that Taylor was the perfect partner for Le Fondre and I think that with Baldock's pace they could form a great partnership over the next few months. Its great to finally have some real competition for places up front!

2 games won, scoring 4 in each, no fluke, we are firing!

don't wanna see us be complacent though, thinking we can grab another goal haul at Barnsley piece of piss would be foolish, they are a strong team physically and out muscled Boro to a 1-0 at home.

Is DMc the tpey of manager who will stick with form team and formation? I don't know, this is a great start to the season and it would be nice to see the starting 11 pick itself soon, above posts suggest we are almost there, with a very very strong bench.

Your first line is spot on. I totally agree. Your 2nd line isn't far off either ! I just think Baldock will get the nod for his pace and the fact he's more lethal in front of goal than Taylor. Chances maybe at a bit more of a premium hence the importance on having a fox in the box as GJ used to say !

I agree, would be too easy to head to Barnsley with a bit too much of a spring in our step. On paper it looks like a goal feast for our boys, but wouldn't be surprised with a hard fought draw or even a narrow defeat. Let's not forget we haven't scored any goals away from home yet!

Tbh I'm amazed Barnsley are still in this division after their performance in the second half of last season, but then I'm amazed we're still here too if I'm honest...

Pretty sure we will do the same as against Cardiff in player terms.

4-4-2 with Stead and Taylor up front softening Barnsleys centre halfs up.

Hopefully keep Barnsley scoreless and then change it after an hour, and get Baldock running in behind them.

Why change if it worked a treat last week.

Don't want him to play this formation but Del seems to like one upfront for away matches. He's a bit on the cautious side Hopefully he sticks to two forwards but I think it will be

Heaton

Wilson Carey Fontaine Cunningham

Morris

Adomah Pearson Skuse Woolford

Stead or Taylor

I can't see Taylor being dropped... Baldock is only a little guy and we won't win anything in the air with Stead. Taylor can hold the ball up better than Stead, so naturally Taylor and Baldock should start... IMO.

I know Taylor did really well last Tuesday, and ok on Saturday but he's a mile off how good Stead is at holding the ball up and bringing other players in. Watch how often Stead takes the ball without it bouncing off him compared to Taylor, and also how aware he is of what's on around him.

It will be nearly impossible for McInnes to leave Baldock out after spending the best part of £2m and him scoring on his debut, and if he starts him it won't be at Stead's expense because he's the focal point of an awful lot of ball forward.

Its a tough decision.

No-one deserves to be dropped so would be unfair on anyone who is however Baldock deserves a chance at starting.

I would keep the same team and bring Baldock on again like Cardiff, if Taylor and Stead don't perform then drop them.

I don't want another Henderson scenario with Taylor leaving for not getting a fair chance and then going onto better things.

Archived