IGNORED

Team For Barnsley - Attack Attack Attack!

ciderbeans

.......................Heaton............................

Wilson ....carey....Fontaine....Cunningham

.................Skuse......Pearson..................

Adomah.......................................woolford

..................Taylor......Baldock...................

subs: Stead, Anderson, Morris, Foster, Davies, Gerken, Wilson

+ Another 1 here

I don't see how Del can drop Stead. That said I don't know how he could drop Taylor either...

Exactly and he probably won't. Taylor and Stead for an hour with Baldock coming on for 30 mins possibly with Davis depending on injury and prevailing circumstances.

He has got a tough decision to make now hasn't he, we'll destroy Barnsley i think seeing as they got hammered by both Brighton and Swansea. They've been softened up :D

Easy now. This is the sort of thing that tends to bite us on the arse.

Don't want him to play this formation but Del seems to like one upfront for away matches. He's a bit on the cautious side Hopefully he sticks to two forwards but I think it will be

Heaton

Wilson Carey Fontaine Cunningham

Morris

Adomah Pearson Skuse Woolford

Stead or Taylor

Tend to agree with you although possibly Marv instead of Morris, Marv got a mention in DM's interview after Cardiff game.

The important thing is to not lose, and keep the buzz about the place going. A point gained away from home is more than satisfactory providing we win our home games (which we have). I would go Stead up top as a lone striker with Anderson replacing Taylor and playing in the hole. Adomah, Woolford and Pearson bombing on from midfield with a classic counter attacking performance delivering a 0-2 win. Up the City!

I think barnsley will be a much tougher test than people are thinking, they might have got smashed in their last game but that may make them even more determined to get a result this time out. I would keep the same team as the cardiff game but replacing taylor with baldock; tough decision though as he has been quality the last two games but stead just edges it for me.

McInnes had no option but to continue with Stead and Taylor for Cardiff after their performance against Palace. With Baldock coming off the bench and grabbing a goal and an assist, and neither Stead or Taylor scoring (not a criticism, they both played superbly), I would imagine that is pretty nailed on that Baldock will start. As Stead was the one to make way for Baldock on Saturday, I would guess that Baldock and Taylor will get the nod.

Fantastic to be able to say that I would be happy with any two of our five strikers though...

McInnes had no option but to continue with Stead and Taylor for Cardiff after their performance against Palace. With Baldock coming off the bench and grabbing a goal and an assist, and neither Stead or Taylor scoring (not a criticism, they both played superbly), I would imagine that is pretty nailed on that Baldock will start. As Stead was the one to make way for Baldock on Saturday, I would guess that Baldock and Taylor will get the nod.

Fantastic to be able to say that I would be happy with any two of our five strikers though...

What a good manager can do is sell the benefits of being on the bench to those not selected to start. You can tell a player that you are saving him to use against tired players etc, as long as players see that they will be involved and are still valued it can be done.

I know Taylor did really well last Tuesday, and ok on Saturday but he's a mile off how good Stead is at holding the ball up and bringing other players in. Watch how often Stead takes the ball without it bouncing off him compared to Taylor, and also how aware he is of what's on around him.

It will be nearly impossible for McInnes to leave Baldock out after spending the best part of £2m and him scoring on his debut, and if he starts him it won't be at Stead's expense because he's the focal point of an awful lot of ball forward.

It's a funny old game! I thought Stead was our second worse player on Saturday with the ball constantly bouncing off him or him mis-placing a pass. Stead also rarely wins anything in the air despite his height. And his pace is non-existent. I like Stead though and agree he brings other players in well. Nevertheless, I'd play Baldock and Taylor from the start with Stead/Davies as a backup.

What a good manager can do is sell the benefits of being on the bench to those not selected to start. You can tell a player that you are saving him to use against tired players etc, as long as players see that they will be involved and are still valued it can be done.

Absolutely agree.

Just surmising that Baldock and Taylor will be the two.

I would imagine that a maximum of one of our strikers will be (possibly) unhappy on Saturday... and he may be at another club by then anyway.

Shame though... because that club will be getting a great goalscorer.

Archived