IGNORED

Predictions Vs Barnsley!

Who Are Rovers?

I think that despite our performances over the last two games we should be wary of a side stung by two heavy defeats, one to a Swansea side who'd give most teams in the country a run for their money right now.

I'd snap your hand off for a draw; it's all about steady progression, and remaining unbeaten is an achievement at this early stage. Not saying we couldn't or won't win, but just that I'm just happy we've more points and wins by the end of August this season than we did by the middle of October last time!

In fact; I'd take a draw at Barnsley and at home to Blackburn to keep the ship steady. Let's bed in the new boys, keep seeing improvement from the rejuvenated old lads and be able to be a bit more relaxed each Saturday afternoon/Tuesday night!

That is a great point and any Millen lover(s) or Del haters should take note of this and have a long hard look at themselves...

Logic dictates that this looks like a nailed on away win with the away side scoring loads and the home team conceding easily. However the results in championship these days rarely seem to follow along logical lines. I imagine that the Southampton and West Ham fans were probably predicting similar results against us last season, so I am going to say a low scoring draw and hope that I am very wrong :).

our away form is dire

? We have played 1 away game which is hardly enough to judge our away form. If you include last season then current away form is W1 D4 L1 which is respectable.

As I see it they are shipping lots of goals, we are scoring lots. 3-1 away win.

A good point made in the pre match build up is that despite us haveing a solid start and Barnsley being nailed on for relegation - lets not forget that a win for them will have them on the same points as us!

I would hope that with their serious injury problems, we will have enough about us to nick this one by the odd goal, but I don't expect it to be easy.

Thought I would add this from the bettingzone website

Bristol City to win at Barnsley 17/10.

It has been slim pickings as far as value goes this week, but there is just enough about Bristol City to make it worthwhile. The Robins have been nibbled at all week and Barnsley's midweek defeat at Swansea hasn't helped our cause. The Tykes were thumped 5-1 at Brighton last weekend and seven of that team got a run-out in Tuesday's 3-1 cup defeat at Swansea and they are all likely to be thrown back in against Bristol City. Keith Hill's men did show an improvement in Wales, but they might just pay for that hard-working display against a Bristol City side, who have had a week's rest. Derek McInnes' men, who look like being underestimated by the bookies, beat Cardiff 4-2 last time out and with Jon Stead, Ryan Taylor, Steve Davies and Sam Baldock to choose from up front they should have enough firepower to sink the hosts.

Archived