Edwards

Skuse

Bryan

Reid

Morris

Pitman

Stead

Holloway

- I would assume derek wants to see how Le Carey, Edwards, Bryan, Reid and Holloway get on this season before extending - would imagine he may offer new contracts at Xmas for those who impress.

- Heaton, Li Carey, Morris & M Wilson were signed on short term contracts at players/clubs insistence, so again anyone decent we should extend at Xmas.

- Nyatanga could possibly be released next year if he doesn't perform/get in the side, so not worth an extension yet if at all.

- That leaves Gerken, Skuse, Pitman & Stead. I would offer Skuse an extension now (unless we think we can bank on his loyalty, dangerous). I'd also offer Stead and Gerks a 1 or 2 year extension based on performance so far....nothing massively long term, but at least avoid them leaving on a free. Pitman - surely he won't sign a contract....so even though I think he could do a job for us this season, surely we have to sell him of lose all of our 800k investment in the summer? Again, would prefer a 1 year extension.

Releasing players at the end of their contract is terrible business. The players are part of the assets of the football club.

Any players that have a market value should not be allowed to run out their contract (if they will sign of course).

wrong

On that list I see only one that who would definitely be offered another contract is Kolo Skusey. Apart from him its difficult so predict just who else will be kept on. They are all 'maybe, maybe not' in my opinion.

Jon Stead should definitely be offered a new contract. Early days but I'd say Heaton too.

On that list I see only one that who would definitely be offered another contract is Kolo Skusey. Apart from him its difficult so predict just who else will be kept on. They are all 'maybe, maybe not' in my opinion.

You wouldn't offer Stead a contract? I certainly find your management style interesting.

You wouldn't offer Stead a contract? I certainly find your management style interesting.

I would on his current form but if you look at Stead's history you'll see that he has lengthy periods of poor form. That's partially why he's moved around so much and he hinted at that when he first signed for City. If the same thing happens again then it would be time to let him go.

I would on his current form but if you look at Stead's history you'll see that he has lengthy periods of poor form. That's partially why he's moved around so much and he hinted at that when he first signed for City. If the same thing happens again then it would be time to let him go.

it was normally last season he would of taled off and he did until del came in and gave him a rocket (rumoured),

He's 30 this season so I would only offer him a year extention

Archived