IGNORED

Face-To-Face Negotiations

RegC

Having seen the (now disappeared) "Akos at AG" thread, I thought that our face-to-face negotiations actually took place at the Marriott Royal on College Green, rather than at AG itself? I know the McInnes stuff took place there & I'm sure it's probably nicer surroundings than the inner sanctum of our ageing, if beloved, Ashton Gate?

Probably easier to keep things under wraps with the underground car park etc etc if we were looking to ensure confidentiality with players who might not be sure of a move.

I know a few firms in recent years have started interviewing over skype rather than a traditional face-to-face. I wonder if this may soon become the case in football if not already. No reason why a medical couldn't be done remotely by a private doctor for example.

Having seen the (now disappeared) "Akos at AG" thread, I thought that our face-to-face negotiations actually took place at the Marriott Royal on College Green, rather than at AG itself? I know the McInnes stuff took place there & I'm sure it's probably nicer surroundings than the inner sanctum of our ageing, if beloved, Ashton Gate?

Probably easier to keep things under wraps with the underground car park etc etc if we were looking to ensure confidentiality with players who might not be sure of a move.

Dont waste time posting on here then, get yourself down to the underground carpark in the Marriott Royal to see whats going down!

I know a few firms in recent years have started interviewing over skype rather than a traditional face-to-face. I wonder if this may soon become the case in football if not already. No reason why a medical couldn't be done remotely by a private doctor for example.

The CSF hold a telephone interview when recruiting new members then?

Blimey, things have changed since the days of ID then....

Not sure if that is still the case, I saw DMC going into the Marriott near Cabot Circus the other day, looked like he had just finished training.. tracksuit still on

Not sure if that is still the case, I saw DMC going into the Marriott near Cabot Circus the other day, looked like he had just finished training.. tracksuit still on

That was a decoy move to draw attention away from the Avon Gorge Hotel!

I've never understood why Managers discuss contracts etc. The Chairman & directors are usually business men so would it be better for a Manager to say who he wanted and leave purchasing and negotiating to professionals?

Archived