IGNORED

D Stewart Has Left. Contract Torn Up.

steviestevieneville

Its mutual, its not that there is no money, its just less than he would get if he stayed.

E.g. If he was meant to get £100,000 worth of wages over the next year, he'd get £60,000 in one big go now instead.

... and be free to join another club today as an out of contract player.

does anyone else think he wasn't that bad? glad he's gone and obviously earned a massive wodge for only playing a few games but the few times I seen him, I can't say he looked that bad, seen many worse down there!

I agree. He came with a decent reputation. I think he'd been QPR's Player of the Season two season's back to back. He was obviously no mug but it seems that he just never got fit enough to earn a regular starting place at City.

Shame and a real waste of money.

He was clearly a waste of money, but I must say on a few of the occasions I saw him, I thought he did ok. I don't know what the issues were, but accusations of not being able to play seem wide of the mark to me.

Totally agree.

Being linked with a return to Notts County today with Doncaster and Portsmouth also said to be interested.

If the wages he was rumoured to be on were true then he was in hindsight a horrendous waste of money, but I always though he gave his best, but was bloody slow.

Bit of a mystery in some ways, this one. He clearly wasn't so bad when at QPR, but he did suffer a serious injury whilst there: maybe that has a bearing.

In a way, everyone's right, whether they thought he was hopeless or they thought they saw something in him. When he was bad, he was truly awful, but I though he showed some balls when he finally got another game following the shocking start to his AG career that saw him dropped after a couple of appearances or so. He didn't hide, took responsibility at the heart of the defence, wasn't afraid to stick his head in where it hurt and put in some shuddering tackles.

Then his performances deteriorated again, for whatever reason. I don't know whether suggestions of laziness hold any truth, but he did struggle for fitness and looked like he was someone who found it hard to keep the weight off. No doubting the correctness of the decision to get rid, in the end, but I do tend to agree he wasn't quite as irredeemably useless as some say.

I agree Cop-Out was wrong to sign him

Okay, but let's celebrate the good bits as well ...... He could be a knuckler when called upon

Like him sorting out "She Said No" Marlon at Coventry. He was part of another great day up there.

This, Great memory.

Glad hes gone but dont think he was ever really utilised correctly. Hes a big solid no nonsence lump and that didnt fit well in a defence with Fontaine, Carey and Mcalister. Not enough pace. Think he would of done alot better next to Caulker, or with the wing backs we have now.

Archived