IGNORED

Maynard Signs For Cardiff

Dannycidered03

100 mill says we play in pink if you want us to ! football moves on, 100 mill for you to play in a colour thats not red and not blue and white (rivals) sure you would play in a different colour aslong as you stay the robins and splash silly money on ground improvements, players, a new training ground, clearing all debts. whats a colour ? either that or go bust. rather a club with money than no club.

If you had 100mill plus to change colour or go bust with no team to suppport, i think any club would do the same, ask pompey

Your a week to late to debate this.

Have a look At some of last weeks threads.

Sorry to disapoint you, but we have got principles and bottle this side of the channel, we wouldn't

sell out to an Asian businessman whose only interested in making money.

As for you saying your debt free, that's not true is it :)

Sam Hamman is still holding you to ransom as well I hear ;)

100 mill says we play in pink if you want us to ! football moves on, 100 mill for you to play in a colour thats not red and not blue and white (rivals) sure you would play in a different colour aslong as you stay the robins and splash silly money on ground improvements, players, a new training ground, clearing all debts. whats a colour ? either that or go bust. rather a club with money than no club.

If you had 100mill plus to change colour or go bust with no team to suppport, i think any club would do the same, ask pompey

Have u come on here to try and justify wats happened at your club and get some support from Bristol city fans because 99% of your fans ain't happy with it Wat a joke of a club

Can someone explain how moving to Cardiff to play football is in anyway a sign of greed?

I would have thought that two million pound plus deals in 8 months does.

It's the fact that 8 months ago the player stated his desire to play in the Prem and NOWHERE else,then 8 months on he signs for a Championship club!

Why didn't he stay at WH and fight for his place??

Can someone explain how moving to Cardiff to play football is in anyway a sign of greed?

Simple the guy moved and apparently doubled his wages at west ham, and clearly was happy to bench warm this season until Sam told him to find a club, we need you off the wage bill. Went to Cardiff 3 million? West Ham for around 2? Player sign on fees? That two transfers worth a lot of money in less than a year? Work it out, the guy will defiantly score goals but will always be a failure in my eyes for selling out his ambitions....

I would have thought that two million pound plus deals in 8 months does.

It's the fact that 8 months ago the player stated his desire to play in the Prem and NOWHERE else,then 8 months on he signs for a Championship club!

Why didn't he stay at WH and fight for his place??

No, he didn't.

anyone notice maynard saying " im here to score goals WITCH I WILL ENJOY DOING IN A CARDIFF SHIRT " little dig at us maby ? :laugh: hes such a tos*er that bloke i hope we give them another ass wooping down there place with baldock showing maynard hes everything maynard could only dream of being !!

Couldn't give a shite about this little **** to be honest. He's showing us all that the real reason footballers really kick up a fuss to move is because they're after the money. Greedy pr1ck.

On a plus side gives me even more reason to hate Baaadiff which I'm always happy about really.

u say that but i bet he was on more money at west ham, this move seems genuine to me he just wants to play games just seems finally he has realise he is championship and always will be the ****

I'm a welsh Bristol city fan, and I'm constantly surrounded by baadiff fans, and devasted he signed for them c***s, shows he has no loyalty to his time here, although I adored his time at us, hope he is a miserable failure, and looking forward to booing you at your piss poor stadium

******* hell you're one to talk :bored:

So you're all pissed off at him because he left his current club to play more football? I doubt you can afford him so why are you annoyed that he didn't go to you?

He pretty much burnt his bridges when he left after messing us about and some unwelcome comments.

Most of us are much happier with Baldock

So you're all pissed off at him because he left his current club to play more football? I doubt you can afford him so why are you annoyed that he didn't go to you?

I thinks it takes not the juice of rocket science to figure out the vast majority of BCFC fans are NOT angry in the slightest. The general opinion I am reading is one of bemusement or nonchalance.

Maynard obviously would have preferred to have stayed with West Ham, that much is clear. Sam probably explained to him that his first team chances were even slimmer beyond the transfer window than before it, suggested he would pocket a tidy signing on fee and commented that he might be back in the Prem next season with his new club....

That last bit he was dumb enough to buy but apart from that the deal was pretty much a fait accompli.

Our team with Baldock in it already makes me feel it will be more cohesive than having Maynard. It will be interesting to see who plays more and who scores more this season.

HA! Why would we be bothered that he didn't go to us! We have baldock now. Good luck when his agent says I want another pay day and he leaves you to play in the prem. Later signing for Middlesbrough (as they play in red as well)

Good luck this season RedbirdBaker

The best comparison I've seen on here so far is comparing Maynard to Chopra.

Both players played well enough in the Championship to earn a move, although Chopra was more consistent and scored more than Maynard first time around.

Both are not quite good enough for the Prem, having a similar skill set funnily enough. Neither have blistering pace, both can score some crackers and both appear to demand that they are the team's "main man".

Cardiff have got a decent player in Nicky, not a great one, but a decent one nonetheless. Their fans will probably see this as bitterness, but Maynard never totally convinced all the fans here that he was a reliable, top quality striker.

He took a long time to settle, had one outstanding season, but would always score his goals in spells before suffering another drought.

It's a deal that could go either way for Cardiff. He will be faced with hefty expectations from the fans who see him as the next Chopra/Earnie and will demand 15-20 goals each season.

I don't think he's up to this regularly, and almost certainly not in his first season.

In Baldock, we seem to have signed a more all round and more grounded player, who matches our team and our needs better than Maynard. Cardiff will feel that they have found a player that matches their needs better, by signing a "proven" Championship striker.

My personal prediction is that Maynard will score 12 goals this season, whilst if Baldock stays fit, he will contribute 18-20.

Well we've got Baldock who is better in almost every department than Maynard. He's quicker, a better finisher, more intelligent, actually gives 100% and has a much better personality.

It isn't, it's actually refreshing to see a player more interested in playing football than just picking up his wages for a change. He had no chance at Weat Ham after their signings lately and I'm sure he was made fully aware of that.

I still think that we potentially have a better player in Baldock though.

I genuinely wouldn't want him back, if we had re-signed him now he'd probably only be 3rd choice striker anyway.

Should do a good job for Cardiff though.

WOW!!! REALLY? I can't believe the pure anger against him on here. I'm saying a huge THANK YOU to Nicky Maynard. If he didm't make that move then we sure as hell wouldn't have had Sam Baldock. Sam Baldock is 4x the playing than Nicky Maynard will ever be. So, thank you Nicky for leaving, you have mad Bristol City a much better squad. Enjoy your son having a welsh accent haha

WOW!!! REALLY? I can't believe the pure anger against him on here. I'm saying a huge THANK YOU to Nicky Maynard. If he didm't make that move then we sure as hell wouldn't have had Sam Baldock. Sam Baldock is 4x the playing than Nicky Maynard will ever be. So, thank you Nicky for leaving, you have mad Bristol City a much better squad. Enjoy your son having a welsh accent haha

His son willbe confused at school with his Northen, Bristolian,Cockney, Welsh accent he find it had to communicate

It isn't, it's actually refreshing to see a player more interested in playing football than just picking up his wages for a change. He had no chance at Weat Ham after their signings lately and I'm sure he was made fully aware of that.

I still think that we potentially have a better player in Baldock though.

Agreed on both points, and with Dastardly and Mutley's analysis. It would have been the easiest thing in the world for Maynard to stay at West Ham and get paid for doing nothing. He didn't do that because he loves playing football. When he signed for us he drove all the way back up to Crewe straight afterwards to pick up his favourite boots so that he could start playing for us immediately.

I should really start proof reading my posts

I think I probably know more about the ins and outs of this deal than you do sunshine, otherwise neither yourself or any other Cardiff fan would be bleating (pardon the pun) on about "£100 million."

I suggest you try to find minutes of the meeting which was attended by Malky Mackay, Alan Whitely and members of the CCFC supporters club where a lot of the realities of this "deal" came to light.

Not to sound patronising, but I do genuinely fear for the future of CCFC, particularly in light of what came out at the above meeting. In a way, I admire CCFC because your stadium is to be admired, as is the whole corporate set-up, but to continually allow morons like Hamman, Ridsdale and now the Malaysian Mafia to run your club, something will give eventually.

How do I know all this as a fan of BCFC? I have worked in South Wales for the past few years and the company I work for employs Steve Borley on a regular basis.

The best comparison I've seen on here so far is comparing Maynard to Chopra.

Both players played well enough in the Championship to earn a move, although Chopra was more consistent and scored more than Maynard first time around.

Both are not quite good enough for the Prem, having a similar skill set funnily enough. Neither have blistering pace, both can score some crackers and both appear to demand that they are the team's "main man".

Cardiff have got a decent player in Nicky, not a great one, but a decent one nonetheless. Their fans will probably see this as bitterness, but Maynard never totally convinced all the fans here that he was a reliable, top quality striker.

He took a long time to settle, had one outstanding season, but would always score his goals in spells before suffering another drought.

It's a deal that could go either way for Cardiff. He will be faced with hefty expectations from the fans who see him as the next Chopra/Earnie and will demand 15-20 goals each season.

I don't think he's up to this regularly, and almost certainly not in his first season.

In Baldock, we seem to have signed a more all round and more grounded player, who matches our team and our needs better than Maynard. Cardiff will feel that they have found a player that matches their needs better, by signing a "proven" Championship striker.

My personal prediction is that Maynard will score 12 goals this season, whilst if Baldock stays fit, he will contribute 18-20.

A big factor could be which striker gets the best service and I would still tend to think that Cardiff will create more chances for Maynard than we will for Baldock, although this season the gap won't be as great as in the past.

However, while Maynard was capable of scoring absolute crackers and crating his own chances, he was not quite so effective in putting away the one on one chances when clean through on goal. I have a feeling that Baldock might be a bit more clinical in front of goal than Maynard.

If we can mainatin our promising start ot the season then I wouldn't be surprised to see Baldock scoring at the same level as Maynard - that's assuming he can displace Stead and Taylor, of course!!

Agreed on both points, and with Dastardly and Mutley's analysis. It would have been the easiest thing in the world for Maynard to stay at West Ham and get paid for doing nothing. He didn't do that because he loves playing football. When he signed for us he drove all the way back up to Crewe straight afterwards to pick up his favourite boots so that he could start playing for us immediately.

Ahhh isn't that lovely. He'd just signed a million pound plus contract - maybe the thick git should have brought his boots with him in the first place.

No matter how lovely he was at first, forget not how he messed us around for nigh on a whole year over his contract. Loves playing football agreed, loving the limelight and the money more these days ? Definitely.

Archived