IGNORED

Pearson

_Bristol-City_

I have been disappointed with him this season, he has gone missing and given away possession easily in most games, Cardiff has been his only decent performance so far.

Does del let him try and play through it, or start to think about benching him? He has been very loose with possession all season.

He was poor today and was a main reason why we struggled to keep the ball while it was 11v11.

Think Pearson is good player though, never going to stand out and do something world class, but a consistant and reliable player who is also the only one our midfielders that regularly gets themselves in goalscoring positions in open play.

He was poor yesterday but he must have done something right the previous 2 games. I think perhaps his biggest limitation is how one-footed he is which makes him predictable when put under pressure. He also seems much more confident on the ball in the attacking 1/3 than in the defensive 1/3 so maybe a slight change in shape would help

i have said this alllll along about skuse and pearson but i must say skuse have been out standing this season but pearson still dont rate him and i never will he is useless in the midfield cant pass can takle cant run with the ball is deffo not a midfielder he is more of a winger if anything so god knows why del sees him as a mid i would be playing jody morris alot more as he can actually pick a good pass ! again we have the same problem in midfield as we have for ages no creativity we needed a creative midfielder in there all summer the same as we have needed a new cb all summer yet we have failed to get these two essential players in, dissapointed to say the least

Apart from a reasonable game against Cariff, I don't get why McInnes signed him after last season.

Was signed to do a job last season to help us survive but didn't think he was a long term solution. Problem is Marv looked very rusty when he came on.

i would always start with morris and skuse! dont rate eaither person or ellit i would throw elliot on from the bench int he sencond half just to get the takles in but skse does this brilliantly so

i would always start with morris and skuse! dont rate eaither person or ellit i would throw elliot on from the bench int he sencond half just to get the takles in but skse does this brilliantly so

How do you know that Morris would be any better? He hasn't played yet in the Championship. He definitely wouldn't have the same goal threat as Pearson or the same ability to get forward. Pearson is left sided which contributes to a balanced team.

He's a home player where he's usually pretty effective. Away he's far more inconsistent and today by the sound of it was off his game. I can't see Del only starting with him at AG tho........

Agree Robbo. With the current squad we have; I think it is only a matter of time before we go 4-5-1 away from home.

I actually really liuke Pearson and think he's a solid decent Championship midfielder. Haven't been away yet this season, but it seems he's struggled. Against Palace I thought he was a little disappointing, but v Cardiff I thought he worked hard and justified his pick. Perhaps getting on a bit he struggled with pre-season and is still fighting to get back to his previous conditioning? I think he's certainly worth persevering with, but not indiscriminantly.

Archived