IGNORED

Stoney Garnett For Mayor ?

Abraham Romanovich

Exactly!

He couldn't be any worse than that to55er mayor of London.

Much rather Boris than some plastic politician with no passion or reason for being in politics than they have a degree in it. Rather a government full of passionate morons (as much as i like him, lets face it) than gutless ***** ala Nick Clegg

Give him a hairband and stick him on the left wing (this is a woolford and political joke as he is right wing)

And he was class on HIGNFY

I think he'd be far more detrimental to the stadiumbid than positive. A life-long bcfc fan who is already impartial saying he wants the stadium built - an immediate JR if he was involved surely.

I think he'd be far more detrimental to the stadiumbid than positive. A life-long bcfc fan who is already impartial saying he wants the stadium built - an immediate JR if he was involved surely.

Stoney has stated he wants to see the City bring all it's facilities up to date, City and Rovers stadiums and an arena at Temple Meads. No bias there.

The question many voters will ask is whether Stoney has the political nouse to hold such a job. Politics is a dirty and cut throat business and with little or no experience how will Stoney fair against the likes of Rees, Rogers, Gollop and Ferguson?

I haven't seen his name on the list of candidates yet so its not clear whether he is actually standing.

The question many voters will ask is whether Stoney has the political nouse to hold such a job. Politics is a dirty and cut throat business and with little or no experience how will Stoney fair against the likes of Rees, Rogers, Gollop and Ferguson?

I haven't seen his name on the list of candidates yet so its not clear whether he is actually standing.

It says in the BEP article that he has yet to submit his forms but plans to do so. His point (and I have some sympathy with this) is that the position should be apolitical and that as a true independent he has the best chance of being so. Whether that can actually be achieved I am not so sure. Unfortunately being in the wilds of Portishead I don't get a vote on this anyway but I will watch with interest.

Well, the monkey in Hartlepool got in and has been re-elected three times, so is clearly doing a good job. He also had no previous experience in politics, so perhaps the 'common man' approach is not such a bad idea!

I feel, with the common man approach, they have more of a connection with "normal" people. The only ever time i see mp's/ local officals, is when its election time and they want something from me. The rest of the time, nothing at all.

At least, for example,with stoney, you can stop him in the pub or the street for a chat.

Stoney has stated he wants to see the City bring all it's facilities up to date, City and Rovers stadiums and an arena at Temple Meads. No bias there.

I think you missed the point. The decision should be based upon the evidence presented by both parties. Therefore, saying something like 'I want to see X built' before having evidence put to you (if that evidence is subsequently provided as part of a decision making process) immediately gives cause to scrutinise the decision made and whether the correct decision-making process was/is undertaken. It may well have been, but the grounds for challenge have been gifted (if indeed he has any input).

I think you missed the point. The decision should be based upon the evidence presented by both parties. Therefore, saying something like 'I want to see X built' before having evidence put to you (if that evidence is subsequently provided as part of a decision making process) immediately gives cause to scrutinise the decision made and whether the correct decision-making process was/is undertaken. It may well have been, but the grounds for challenge have been gifted (if indeed he has any input).

I wouldnt worry, were never going to get the stadium now.

Boris is a 'legend' and pretty clever bloke, damn site more so than those on here who brand him a tosser just because hes a bit of a character.

I've met Boris in a business setting. He may be clever, amusing and quite engaging, but however hard he tries (if indeed he does try) he seems to be unable to avoid behaving like an arse. I wouldn't brand him a tosser just because he is a bit of a character, but at the meeting I attended with him he made several obvious faux pas and was, I'm afraid, rather embarrassing to watch. He seemed not to have done his homework, but to think that he could bluff his way through by playing the 'eccentric superstar' card. Even his own 'minders' seemed embarrassed on more than one occasion.

I've met Boris in a business setting. He may be clever, amusing and quite engaging, but however hard he tries (if indeed he does try) he seems to be unable to avoid behaving like an arse. I wouldn't brand him a tosser just because he is a bit of a character, but at the meeting I attended with him he made several obvious faux pas and was, I'm afraid, rather embarrassing to watch. He seemed not to have done his homework, but to think that he could bluff his way through by playing the 'eccentric superstar' card. Even his own 'minders' seemed embarrassed on more than one occasion.

Having read several items by people that have to deal with him on a regular basis, this seems to be consistent with what they say.

Boris is an excellent self publicist and ...............errrr....errrrrrrrr..oh yes"**** the Tories".

Well, the monkey in Hartlepool got in and has been re-elected three times, so is clearly doing a good job. He also had no previous experience in politics, so perhaps the 'common man' approach is not such a bad idea!

That was for more like the Mayor we've had in Bristol previous though. i.e. one for show rather than anything of action.

I'd be interested in hearing SG's manifesto. He keeps saying he has one so lets here it. I do fear the more independents that stand the more diluted the vote will be and ultimately someone from the bigger parties (namely Rees) will cruise to victory. George will have strong support around Southville and probably areas like Stokes Croft but it's anyone's guess how much value he holds elsewhere - places like Greenbank/Easton are probably looking at the mess that is Elizabeth Shaw and wondering why he fought to save a building now sitting in a right state. There doesn't seem, to me, to be a truly stand out character like there has with Red Ken/Borris in London. Where is Baldrick when you need him.

Archived