IGNORED

Can Owen Make A Real Difference?

fishy

Just checked, he didn't play for Stoke, although there were another nine league clubs and most hold bad memories!

Walsall and wolves arrrggghhhh Mr Kelly, fancy a hattrick today my son? Why not help bully get one while your at it, just to rub it in.

No doubt this has been done on here already, but just put a quick team together of free agents. Reckon it would probably do ok in league 1.

Craig Gordon

Fabio Grosso, Gianluca Zambrotta, John Mensah, Andreas Hinkel

Harry Kewell, Nigel Reo Coker, Akos Buzsaky, Tuncay

Florent Sinama Pongolle

Hernan Crespo

I expect that most of these have clubs by now

I'm glad to see some people can still post sensible replies about a former national hero and it ain't the first quote!

It's must a shame that you can't have two occupations, or at least an occupation and a hobby.

National hero? Disgrace to the human race more like.

The bloke is a nasty piece of work. The way he screwed over Liverpool and Newcastle. Chester City needed 30k to avoid being wound up by the courts. They asked Michael Owen for the money, but he declined to help. Bare in mind that Chester was his local boyhood club, and 30k represented about 3 days wages to him at the time.

Also, he tried to buy an entire cul-de-sac of ex council houses in Buckley - North Wales (so he could move his family in). He offered the owners 50% above market value, so almost everyone sold up. I say almost everyone because one family refused to sell up. So he got really nasty and had ''his people'' threaten and harass them for 3 years. I know this because i went to uni in Liverpool and dated a girl from Ewloe Green - North Wales, and this family are the cousins of my girlfriend.

And to top it off, he whores his name & image to a tax avoidance company. What a guy.

I'm not a big fan of stoke but maybe due to jealousy as they could be us. I remember watching sidibe score twice against us in our play-off season and that defeat really separated the two teams eventual destiny. If we'd have won that day it would have sent us on our way to auto promotion if I recall. So to see them now as a fairly secure prem club and especially now signing Owen, just makes me think that could be us! I certainly would be excited if I were a stoke fan but as some of you say don't like pulis!

They've wanted him since May but he's been holding out for a bigger club (This from the Stoke City forum) so all this talk of wanting to play for them and looking forward to working with Pulis is complete rubbish, it's just nobody else thought he was worth the gamble, not even Liverpool and look how desperate they are!

Was a quality player but not now. Too many distractions outside of football including his own racing stables in which he's invested many of his millions. He's also a major property owner. I saw a very interesting documentary a couple of years ago when on hols in Egypt made in English but with Arabic sub titles about Owen and his lifestyle outside of football. It was fascinating and a real insight.

He's signed for Stoke to earn his last serious wedge from football. He knows this will be his last contract and no-one can blame him for making the most of his fading talent. With his dodgy hamstrings and knee I doubt he'll play more than 15 games a season.

What you post makes no sense at all. He can earn more money with the same time investment outside of football than he can as a player. He's still got the ability, as anybody who saw him play last season could see. He might only play 15 games but if he scores 8 or 9 goals in them Stoke will be happy and have probably got better value for money than many signings.

Archived