IGNORED

Miller Now A Target For The Boo Boys?

SimplyRed

So along with Wilson, Miller is now a target for the boo boys?

Many of the posts on the forum seem to suggest that Miller was a waste of money.

I'm sorry but I disagree, most emphatically.

Yes, Miller has scored only 8 in 32 appearances, but 10 of those were as a substitute - and he is still the second highest scorer.

Also consider how many of those games where he started, he was substituted for Roberts - practically all of them. Has he ever competed a full game for us?

Peacock never had the fear of being taken off. He knew he was the blue-eyed boy and someitmes it showed in his sloppy play.

When you're looking over your shoulder all the time in the second half wondering when the big hook is coming out to pull you off, is it any wonder the lad is short on confidence?

I think Wilson's love for Peacock has led to the young scot being shabbily treated and it wouldn't surprise me if he engineered a move away.

It would be our loss, not his.

Without a doubt, this lad has the best first touch at the club and can head a ball better than any other forward, including Peacock.

He is still very young with lots to learn, give the kid a break - or he, like our other promising young talent, might find a nice 1st division club to sign for.

To Lee I say, stick with us - some fans know your true worth and, given the chance, you'll win the rest over - including the manager.

I agree with you 110% he has showed us that he has a lot of talent and he like you said has not has as much oppurtunity as other players. He is still very very young and i think he along with stephen gillespie and possibly christian roberts are the future strike force. Good luck to lee for the future i will certainly not boo you, we know he's a great player lets support him!!

I think that given a proper chance in the starting line up he would do good. Score quite a few goals. Hisfirst touch always looks good and he does the odd skill here and there when he needs to get the ball away from players!

I hoe he gets a good chance in the starting 11 next season so he prove what he can really do, and show everyone who rights him off how good he actually is!

We need to be building the lad up, not knocking him down.

My outstanding memory of Miller this season is him knocking in an extra time winner in the Carling Cup - thanks Lee :grr:

Give him some time and some experience, and some time to settle down here and I'm sure he will come good. I just hope the so called "boo boys" will get behind him for once!

Guest BCFC_Bradley_Stoke

I agree with the fact that he will improve and has been taken off unfairly on occasions but the one thing from him that sticks out in my mind is him missing an open goal against swindon from 2 maybe 3 yards out in th elast minute. Again with the If's but if he would have put that in we'd have been up !!

I agree with the fact that he will improve and has been taken off unfairly on occasions but the one thing from him that sticks out in my mind is him missing an open goal against swindon from 2 maybe 3 yards out in th elast minute. Again with the If's but if he would have put that in we'd have been up !!
How many sitters does Peacock miss in a season though?!

Ok you watch the replay if you can then look at the angle he was opposed with even if it had been on target i think the keeper would have got to it. don't live on the history try and create it!!

Guest millerbairn

As a Falkirk fan who watched Miller week in week out, trust me when i say he WILL improve. His first season that he got into the first team he played well, didnt score many goals, but he improved immensly. Second season he was fantastic, won just about every ball in the air, got punted up and down the pitch mind, but worked hard. Then he came down to Bristol to join a team that is better than Falkirk (not like thats hard), i mean set-up,crowd,stadium etc.

You have to remember Miller is still a young guy who is still learning. If some of your crowd dont like him and boo him his confidence will go down and he wont play to what he he can do.

I look forward to seeing Millers name scoring loads of goals for Bristol next season.

Guest BCFC_Bradley_Stoke

I'm not arguing the point about sitters being missed every striker misses a few in a season all I said was all I can remember him for. And as a striker myself if I had of missed one like that I would have had a right roasting from my manager.

As for the keeper would have got it I really have to disagree with that one as he was still running the other way towards the player who set him up with an unselfish knock back across the goal. What was the name of the player that set him up again ?????

I'm not arguing the point about sitters being missed every striker misses a few in a season all I said was all I can remember him for. And as a striker myself if I had of missed one like that I would have had a right roasting from my manager.

As for the keeper would have got it I really have to disagree with that one as he was still running the other way towards the player who set him up with an unselfish knock back across the goal. What was the name of the player that set him up again ?????

I'd have loved to see you stick it away. The mistake Miller made was not throwing himself at the ball, as he was only stooping the best he could have ever hoped for was to hit the post, if you watch the replay unless he throws himself at the ball there is no possible way for him to make any more contact with the ball than he did, he was at full stretch.

He should have dived at it and headed it in.

How many assists does Peacock have, it aint all that good and considering he has scored 2 goals in 3-4 months he is not a good striker.

Didn't go to QPR then i take it, only go to the big away games do you ?

Guest Jen_BCFC

I agree i say miller is great, mayb he does always play at his best but mayb u should give him a chance! (plus hes relli fit :grr: )

Guest BCFC_Bradley_Stoke

There is not a man in bristol that is more passionate about footbal than I am, Ask anyone who knows me and they'll agree but having said that Yes it was the only "AWAY" game I went to this season because I have managed to look after my body slightly and can still play the game I love so much, But I have been to away games as a youngster at age 15 or 16 and not with parents but with friends from school and these included Bury, Fulham, Sheffield United to name but a few and when I do finally have to pack up playing which unfortunately is probably closer than I wish I shall be going to 19-23 away games a season depending what division we are in. (Although it is more likely to be 23 than 19 but I can dream can't i???)

Was being a tad harsh, my point was more though if you'd have seen Millers goal against QPR away you wouldn't even care about his miss at swindon, as that would have been another point dropped and so the swindon miss would have made no difference :grr:

The lad has not really had a good chance this season, if he had scored 8 and played as much as peacock then maybe he would deserve some critisism, but he hasn't so leave him alone. He is still young and has alot of potential, and if he shows it next season, he will be a brilliant player.

Guest butterflybairn
Plus he played in a standard of football marginally better than the Screwfix League before coming down here.
uninformed rubbish as usual :P

Guest Bristol_Babe

Miller is a bloody great player... Said it before and I'll say it again.

Stuff the "boo boys" - Get a life. Boo someone who really deserves it...

Cynic - not only do you seem to know about the wider aspects of football that us mere mortals obviously understand but you think you understand people you have never met in your life.

i) I have played against Screwfix League teams and at Somerset County League Level for 15 years.

ii) I have witnessed Scottish first division football teams on television.

iii) Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Gas (15th in Div 3) beat Clyde (2nd in Scots 1) 5-0 last pre-season. Not a great advert for that league is it?

I'll leave you to swot up on the wider aspects of football that I can't comprehend now.

Here we go again, have a go at Lee Miller!! One lousy miss and they want him out. Had we stuck with Miller/Robbo, we may well have gone up..its all conjecture. What I do know is with Leapy being garanteed a game, unless injured/suspended..we have TWO strikers with shattered confidence (In the case of Robbo coming back after a run in the side), who have got half the number of goals each that illustrious Leapy has got, despite less than half the chances!!

Our only big win against a decent side was with Miller/Robbo...ergo go with the two lads, they function well, if a little uncoordinated, due to a lack of appearances together. Leapy had his big chance this season, and blew it..Stick with Robbo/Miller and Leroy as the back up!!

Lee & Robbo dont listen to this **** you both know you can do it, and I for one have a lot more confidence in us getting promoted if you two are the strike force, than anything involving Peacock!!

Peacock our No9, and we didnt get promotion, and scored the least number of goals in the top ten sides......tells a story, and puh-lease spare me the tactics bollox too...Wilsons player, his tactics, and his idea to not play his top STRIKER the previous season (Roberts-Murray is a winger), in place of the grossly overated lovechild Peacock, along with a rising star in Miller!1

After all he did turn down Scottish Prem ABERDEEN, and Newly Promoted to Div 1 WIGAN, both of who are bigger sides than Division 2 BRISTOL CITY..dont that tell you something about us?? Better chances etc..play the man..he WILL repay the faith in him, as will Robbo....WTF will Peacock do then?????

Guest butterflybairn

iii) Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Gas (15th in Div 3) beat Clyde (2nd in Scots 1) 5-0 last pre-season. Not a great advert for that league is it?

if you're going to talk pre-season then Falkirk (without Lee M and a host of players that won us the first division title) beat Wigan 1-0 at the start of this season just finished....hmmm...what league are Wigan in i wonder.... :P not a great advert for the english first division then is it?? :rolleyes:

Guest MegaSpim

We have to remember that the guy is 20 years old, and he has just has his whole life changed. he has moved away from his family and friends to a City that is so far away from them its not like he can pop back on an evening to see them. It will take him at least a season to settle down and get used to his new life. Hopefully the settling down period is over and next season he will come out with a new lease of life, i predict seeing many a city goal with Miller's name on.

Archived