IGNORED

Future Managers..

Sidebet

I didn't know he'd said that? if so, silly boy...never say never, he must have an interest in coaching in some capacity though? he's set up football academies in England and the States hasn't he?

If he's a manager he can't spend days on end flogging pants, pens, supermarkets, aftershave, watches, cars

I didn't know he'd said that? if so, silly boy...never say never, he must have an interest in coaching in some capacity though? he's set up football academies in England and the States hasn't he?

Coaching and managing are very different things though.

Good point on Hughes (whoever made it)... Forgot about him...was wracking my brains for ages! Still....one in 25 years still isn't a great production line, so my point remains! So there! :P

Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Ince.... SAF has a good record with making good players great, but I can't think of a successful or good manager that has played under him.

Also agree with the suggestion of Lee Johnson. Good thinker and not a bad father to learn the basics from.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer..doing a great job with Molde.

Paul Hartley doing a decent job at Alloa in Scotland won the league in his 1st season. His knowledge of the game is brilliant. He brought in a whole new squad when he was appointed and won the league. Took a chance on a 18 year old striker and he scored about 20 goals in about 20 games. They will finish in the top 3 this year too. I think he will be tapped up by a SPL team soon. If del was to leave I would take a chance with Hartley.

aye, that striker was stevie may of st johnstone and hartley could get that job in the spl sooner than you think. . . . . . at st johnstone .

Wow. Good at spending loads of money then getting fired. He will be the first prem casualty

Bit harsh. He's only been fired once - at Man City. He was doing a good job for Wales before he got bored, and did very well at Blackburn before the Man City job came up. Fulham, well - he only had a season there, and QPR...ok, that isn't going great so far. But given time, i believe he would turn it around.

Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Ince.... SAF has a good record with making good players great, but I can't think of a successful or good manager that has played under him.

Also agree with the suggestion of Lee Johnson. Good thinker and not a bad father to learn the basics from.

Gordon Strachan is a half decent manager who played under Ferguson at Aberdeen.

Archived