IGNORED

Football Manager 2013

Taunton_City

Eventually something will come along with a more intuative interface, decent match engine ect and

SI will regret the years of "well now you can talk to the media in an angry manner, and if that's not enough you can now play a classic mode / the main game with loads of features turned off"Type release

Wahoo

How long before you can buy a new stadium with $'s? or send the coaches to coaching school and that will cost $'s? New boots for the players..... $'s oh, yes these are great idea's, if i was an EA developer I would do this, then hate myself.

FIFA Manager is exactly like this. You can even raise a family and have your kids come through the youth setup, play golf with the chairman to improve your relationship, and set ticket prices, etc.

Eventually something will come along with a more intuative interface, decent match engine ect and

SI will regret the years of "well now you can talk to the media in an angry manner, and if that's not enough you can now play a classic mode / the main game with loads of features turned off"Type release

Wahoo

There have been many, many football management games over the years. FIFA Manager, the new Championship Manager games, LMA Manager, Ultimate Soccer Manager, none have been as good as FM or the old Championship Manager games. Ultimate Soccer Manager 98-99 was immense though tbf.

Personally think some of the new features already announced are very exciting.

Directors of football is something I've wanted for a long time, and hopefully will see a move towards being able to manage a youth or reserve team as you earn your reputation.

Any revamp of training will be good, can't get much more boring than at current and the new loan system changes should improve the game for lower league managers...

Can't wait for the demo now.

I was a huge fan of CM and FM but haven't played either game for a few years as I simply don't have the time. I am interested in getting a version for the I pad, can someone tell me the pluses and minuses of the I pad version.

The new version for pc's has a new 'fm classic' game option which makes the game much quicker for those who can't invest as much time as others. To quote the main man from SI 'you can complete a season in around 8 hours'

I have the handheld version and it's a decent game for the phone, but it's nothing like the real thing.

The new version for pc's has a new 'fm classic' game option which makes the game much quicker for those who can't invest as much time as others. To quote the main man from SI 'you can complete a season in around 8 hours'

I have the handheld version and it's a decent game for the phone, but it's nothing like the real thing.

How is classic mode faster, I know it says it runs stuff in the background for you etc.

But what stuff??

Was it slow? I thought that was championship manger 3. Either way it was a huge resource hog

Championship manager 3 was the first one with the menu down the side wasn't it?

Cm2 def was slow, I just remember how slow it was.

I'm going to download the transfer update tonight to try and get back into it before fm13

IMO still to this day the best ever was championship manager 01/02 season. I had some epic careers on that bad boy!! Remember one I took city to the premier league, finished 10th then 5th. Then won the uefa cup! Than had a job offer from man utd. Was staring at the screen deciding what to do for ages!! :laugh: it's only a bloody game but I just couldn't do it to city! And stayed!!!

gave up on FM once they introduced steam. i absolutely refuse to hand over any kind of details to anyone after having legally paid for a product. my FM2011 saves will go on and on until they realise that paying customers shouldn't be robbed of their right to anonymity

IMO still to this day the best ever was championship manager 01/02 season. I had some epic careers on that bad boy!! Remember one I took city to the premier league, finished 10th then 5th. Then won the uefa cup! Than had a job offer from man utd. Was staring at the screen deciding what to do for ages!! :laugh: it's only a bloody game but I just couldn't do it to city! And stayed!!!

Just loaded this up again, superb game. Sorry, I mean Championship Manager 00-01.

Got city promoted via the playoffs in first season. Got rid of so much rubbish but top signings are Paul Merson and Kim Kallstrom.

Archived