IGNORED

Ee Nearly "sold Out" Vs Blackburn....

chalky

On reading the thread title you'd be forgiven for expecting a packed to the rafters EE next saturday as there is only 20 odd tickets left with just over a week to go before kick off.

However, if you were in the EE against Palace and baaadiff (both EE "sell outs) you will be well aware there will still be several hundred empty seats! The day Blackburn tickets became available I checked online and there were just over 100 tickets for sale in the EE, now assuming we will be given 3 blocks (2214 seats according to online plan) and knowing we only sold 1058 STs surely the amount available should be more like 1156 seats??

There's been a lot of talk on here recently about low attendances and surely opening the EE properly can only help to address this...

I have asked DaveL for clarification on the situation but as of yet I have received no reply, does anyone know what is going on??

On a more positive note, I've got my ticket and will be shouting my head off for 90 mins. The club shouldn't underestimate the impact of a packed and rowdy East end, and what ever happened to "#pack the gate"?

On reading the thread title you'd be forgiven for expecting a packed to the rafters EE next saturday as there is only 20 odd tickets left with just over a week to go before kick off.

However, if you were in the EE against Palace and baaadiff (both EE "sell outs) you will be well aware there will still be several hundred empty seats! The day Blackburn tickets became available I checked online and there were just over 100 tickets for sale in the EE, now assuming we will be given 3 blocks (2214 seats according to online plan) and knowing we only sold 1058 STs surely the amount available should be more like 1156 seats??

There's been a lot of talk on here recently about low attendances and surely opening the EE properly can only help to address this...

I have asked DaveL for clarification on the situation but as of yet I have received no reply, does anyone know what is going on??

On a more positive note, I've got my ticket and will be shouting my head off for 90 mins. The club shouldn't underestimate the impact of a packed and rowdy East end, and what ever happened to "#pack the gate"?

Couldn't agree more ive had st for 4 years in EE and love it but y can't we have more wen we play baaaadiifff squash us together but ye noticed it myself

Sat in the Dolman for the Cardiff game but asked first if any EE tickets were available and told no.Not really surprised to see loads of empty seats in the EE but I suppose they want to sell the expensive tickets first.Not too fussed though after the result.

They shouldn't say it was "open for all" if they are planning to not sell tickets.

The club should be open for a change in regards to the Eastend, say how many season ticket holders there are, how many spare pay on the day tickets there are etc.

They shouldn't say it was "open for all" if they are planning to not sell tickets.

The club should be open for a change in regards to the Eastend, say how many season ticket holders there are, how many spare pay on the day tickets there are etc.

They are selling tickets, but only a fraction of what is physically available. I found how many STH's there are....1058 and from online I worked out how many physical seats would be left over 3 blocks, as above that figure is 1,156. Not the measley 100 that have been made available each time.

They are selling tickets, but only a fraction of what is physically available. I found how many STH's there are....1058 and from online I worked out how many physical seats would be left over 3 blocks, as above that figure is 1,156. Not the measley 100 that have been made available each time.

I know, but what I meant is, the club should come out and say we have x tickets for sale, this is because of for example not enough exits blah blah blah.

At least then everyone will know, At least then it will all be out in the open in regards to the Eastend. Then again, I don't think the club will ever be fully open and frank about the Eastend.

Capacity is probably reduced due to persistent standing (ala ManUre away allocations) in gangways etc, etc and they don't use the blocks at the very back.

BCAGFC

Why don't the club come out and say that, if that is the case.

Stops all the speculation then.

Capacity is probably reduced due to persistent standing (ala ManUre away allocations) in gangways etc, etc and they don't use the blocks at the very back.

BCAGFC

The blocks at the back are used when the clubs want to use them but netted off rest of time. there are also signs asking fans not to put flags up. very much doubt there is any reduced capacity due to standing. v palace the segregation had increased to two blocks instead of the normal one.

BCAGFC

Possibly, but from my above calcuations they would have reduced the capacity by 50%! I'm sure that's a lot more than the usual reductions United fans have suffered?

the club have dropped membership, but for certain games you have to phone up !! then go online to discover the ee is sold out, then get to the game and there are loads of spare seats

i just wish the club would be honest as to how many seats are genuinely available ,

the club has always made life difficult for this stand

I have actually, just received this response which I'm sure Dave L won't mind be pasting....

"Hi Chalky

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I don't check PMs very often. You're always best emailing me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk if you want a speedy repsonse.

We cannot sell all of the tickets in the home section of the EE. Some of them have a poor view, and there are other safety restrictions which mean we have to limit sales to fewer than the number of actual seats.

Unfortunately, the online booking system only sells on a block-by-block basis. Let's say we have three blocks on sale. In effect this might only mean two and a half, as we can't sell all of the seats. So what we do is put two blocks for sale online. When they are all sold, the online sytem will show as being 'sold out'. But there will still be (at least) half a block available for purchase either on the phone or from the shop.

It's worth noting that the EE has not sold out for any games this season. If supporters find that there are no tickets available online they should try one of the other methods of purchasing. We will always notify supporters via bcfc.co.uk if any stand is sold out. Until such time, it's best to assume that there will still be tickets available.

Some of us have worked very hard over a period of years to open the Wedlock Stand to all, and that is what we have now done. There is no anti East End agenda and I cannot think of any reason why anybody should think there is, based on the current arrangements. I have personally worked very closely with Sean, the Supporters Club and Trust and others over the years to get to this situation and I am delighted that we have removed all barriers to access.

Cheers

Dave"

I have actually, just received this response which I'm sure Dave L won't mind be pasting....

"Hi Chalky

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I don't check PMs very often. You're always best emailing me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk if you want a speedy repsonse.

We cannot sell all of the tickets in the home section of the EE. Some of them have a poor view, and there are other safety restrictions which mean we have to limit sales to fewer than the number of actual seats.

Unfortunately, the online booking system only sells on a block-by-block basis. Let's say we have three blocks on sale. In effect this might only mean two and a half, as we can't sell all of the seats. So what we do is put two blocks for sale online. When they are all sold, the online sytem will show as being 'sold out'. But there will still be (at least) half a block available for purchase either on the phone or from the shop.

It's worth noting that the EE has not sold out for any games this season. If supporters find that there are no tickets available online they should try one of the other methods of purchasing. We will always notify supporters via bcfc.co.uk if any stand is sold out. Until such time, it's best to assume that there will still be tickets available.

Some of us have worked very hard over a period of years to open the Wedlock Stand to all, and that is what we have now done. There is no anti East End agenda and I cannot think of any reason why anybody should think there is, based on the current arrangements. I have personally worked very closely with Sean, the Supporters Club and Trust and others over the years to get to this situation and I am delighted that we have removed all barriers to access.

Cheers

Dave"

Nuff Said

Was the POTD option available for the EE vs Cardiff though? It is understandable a lot of people on looking online will assume EE is sold out and either purchase for other areas or not bother altogether.

I doubt if POTD was available for the baadiff game for reasons that seem to escape a few on here, reading his post really says it all, if in doubt use the telling bone !

I doubt if POTD was available for the baadiff game for reasons that seem to escape a few on here, reading his post really says it all, if in doubt use the telling bone !

Tickets were available but only if you rang up. Maybe the club could put this on the online ticket web page so when people look, and it says sold out, people will know to call.

Yes, the reason that escapes people as its a load of rubbish. It is easier to hit an away fan from the Williams than the east end.

Thank god the Eastend is open now

Well thats weird, i rang, yes RANG, on two different occasions about availibility for the palace game, and was told both times, by two different people, that the east end was SOLD OUT

therefore, the club lost two ticket sales that night as neither my friend nor i attended

So, still something fundamentally wrong, either the ticket office are lying, or Dave L is.

Well thats weird, i rang, yes RANG, on two different occasions about availibility for the palace game, and was told both times, by two different people, that the east end was SOLD OUT

therefore, the club lost two ticket sales that night as neither my friend nor i attended

So, still something fundamentally wrong, either the ticket office are lying, or Dave L is.

Last season the EE was sold out but they keep a % for potd crowd worth highlighting it to dave,

This is what I don't get, why didn't you go in another stand? OK your disappointed, but at least you get to see the game?

I really don't understand people who stay away because they can't get in a particular stand, what exactly makes it more important where you watch the game, rather than actually being inside the Gate watching the team you support?

This is what I don't get, why didn't you go in another stand? OK your disappointed, but at least you get to see the game?

I really don't understand people who stay away because they can't get in a particular stand, what exactly makes it more important where you watch the game, rather than actually being inside the Gate watching the team you support?

Alright if your a billy no mates, if you like standing up, a decent atmosphere, and your mates are in there, why would you go elsewhere?

The the Eastend was to shut, I would pick and choose my games as I find it frustrating watching from other stands.

Much like "when" we have a new ground I will not go as much.

I know I won't be the only one.

Alright if your a billy no mates, if you like standing up, a decent atmosphere, and your mates are in there, why would you go elsewhere?

The the Eastend was to shut, I would pick and choose my games as I find it frustrating watching from other stands.

Much like "when" we have a new ground I will not go as much.

I know I won't be the only one.

what did you do between 94 and 2007?

Archived