IGNORED

Ee Nearly "sold Out" Vs Blackburn....

chalky

This is what I don't get, why didn't you go in another stand? OK your disappointed, but at least you get to see the game?

I really don't understand people who stay away because they can't get in a particular stand, what exactly makes it more important where you watch the game, rather than actually being inside the Gate watching the team you support?

because i find the whole ashton gate match day experience a pile of shit in any other stand?

Plus, if im paying 25 quid, why should i not be able to go in what stand i want? where all my mates are?

Plus, if im paying 25 quid, why should i not be able to go in what stand i want? where all my mates are?

£25? Buy your tickets now and you'll pay just £22 for Blackburn and Leeds. Or just £18 for Millwall. And you can go in the stand with your mates

• Admin

I guess that is what you can call a thorough response from Dave L !

Finally after years of hard work from a number of supporters the club have seen sense and now any stand can be accessed to watch a game.

I'm personally curious as to why the change in tact now ?, as it's a shame this did not come into place a few years back as I know of a few people that became disallisioned with the club over the previous handling of the EE, and no longer come near AG8.....

Perhaps now some may slowly venture back ?

I guess that is what you can call a thorough response from Dave L !

Finally after years of hard work from a number of supporters the club have seen sense and now any stand can be accessed to watch a game.

I'm personally curious as to why the change in tact now ?, as it's a shame this did not come into place a few years back as I know of a few people that became disallisioned with the club over the previous handling of the EE, and no longer come near AG8.....

Perhaps now some may slowly venture back ?

the police wouldn't let them its quite clear in his responce

This is what I don't get, why didn't you go in another stand? OK your disappointed, but at least you get to see the game?

I really don't understand people who stay away because they can't get in a particular stand, what exactly makes it more important where you watch the game, rather than actually being inside the Gate watching the team you support?

I'm with you on this. Surely it's about watching City. I've stood / sat in every part of AG , not always being where I wanted to be , but at least I got to watch the match. I'm sorry , but I just don't get the "if I can't go in the East End , I'm not going at all" attitude.

I'm with you on this. Surely it's about watching City. I've stood / sat in every part of AG , not always being where I wanted to be , but at least I got to watch the match. I'm sorry , but I just don't get the "if I can't go in the East End , I'm not going at all" attitude.

For some people, its about the whole day etc, not just watching the football.

I can't understand how people can just go to the game and go straight home, but everyone enjoys football differently.

For some people, its about the whole day etc, not just watching the football.

I can't understand how people can just go to the game and go straight home, but everyone enjoys football differently.

I agree it's about the day out , and the best part of going , certainly over the last few years , is meeting up with mates for a beer before and after the match.But surely , central to all of it , is watching the game itself ?

I agree it's about the day out , and the best part of going , certainly over the last few years , is meeting up with mates for a beer before and after the match.But surely , central to all of it , is watching the game itself ?

indeed, but if you're over 6ft tall and forced to sit down in a tiny space with your knees up to your chin it's hardly an enjoyable experience!

Except when the 6 footer sits in front of you :)

Nah , I just stand on my seat , I'm only little !!

Seriously though , don't get that problem in the Dolman , all the lads who sit in front of me are taller than me (as are most people!) I suppose it's due to it being built as a stand as opposed to the East End where seats were bolted on to a terrace.

Tbf I've been in the ee since it re-opened and no way would I get a st if I had to go bk to a different stand (I had a st in the ayteo 4 years and dolman 2) but the whole match day experience is totally different the only time I sat elsewhere as been rovers game and shef wed in the cup few years bk and hated it- sit where your told, don't shout, don't swear, make everyone stand up so u can squeeze past if u want a drink or a piss. People prefer different things when watching and like a previous poster said why pay £25+ to sit somewhere you feel uncomfortable?

Nah , I just stand on my seat , I'm only little !!

Seriously though , don't get that problem in the Dolman , all the lads who sit in front of me are taller than me (as are most people!) I suppose it's due to it being built as a stand as opposed to the East End where seats were bolted on to a terrace.

I never get that problem, unless there is the occasional massive bloke. Ee is and always will be too shallow for seats!

because i find the whole ashton gate match day experience a pile of shit in any other stand?

My question was, why would you miss out on watching the game altogether, simply because it appeared that there were no tickets available in the EE.

By match day experience I presume you mean standing up and singing, which is fair enough, but personally watching the game is the main reason for my visiting the ground, anything else is really secondary, interesting that some things are more important than watching the game to some people.

Righto club dropped a bollock the size of mars with the EE for over half a decade losing cash and support.

What have they learned?

That people want to use itso the opened it

The police had misgivings due to flash points in the past as the years rolled on people behaved them selfs restrictions were slowly lifted

Some people aren't spectators. I want to be able to support my team with 1000 other like minded people who stand, shout, swear and celebrate lunatics. I wouldn't derive enough enjoyment by sitting in any of the other 3 stands (apart from F block williams which can be decent) to make it worth my hard earned cash.

I don't understand people who sit for 90 minutes like statues studying the game. Your watching 22 strangers kick a football around. It's the (likeminded) fans that make a club and the fans identity through singing songs, having a laugh and feeling apart of something that makes Bristol City to me what it is...

Some people aren't spectators. I want to be able to support my team with 1000 other like minded people who stand, shout, swear and celebrate lunatics. I wouldn't derive enough enjoyment by sitting in any of the other 3 stands (apart from F block williams which can be decent) to make it worth my hard earned cash.

I don't understand people who sit for 90 minutes like statues studying the game. Your watching 22 strangers kick a football around. It's the (likeminded) fans that make a club and the fans identity through singing songs, having a laugh and feeling apart of something that makes Bristol City to me what it is...

I'm not sure what you mean by not being a spectator, we are all spectators surely?

Don't we all go to watch the game, and support the team.

Speaking personally I stand up at times during the match, I shout and swear, and occasionally join in with a song, I also kick almost every ball with the players, who I don't see as strangers, which I find an odd thing for you to say.

I'm interested to know how much of a game you actually see, and how do you form an opinion on how individual players have performed, or aren't you interested in that aspect of the football experience.

Interesting post. Here's a question or 2 then (and don't take it the wrong way)

Do you consider yourself a City / football fan if your not interested in studying the game and refer to our players as strangers?

If the East End closed to home fans , would you stop going to games ?

If City played Man Utd in the FA Cup this season and gave up the whole East End , would you sit in another stand ?

Not having a pop , just interested to know the mindset. I'm assuming you are a younger fan as all the things you say you hold dear , were important to me years ago but not so much now.

Interesting post. Here's a question or 2 then (and don't take it the wrong way)

Do you consider yourself a City / football fan if your not interested in studying the game and refer to our players as strangers?

If the East End closed to home fans , would you stop going to games ?

If City played Man Utd in the FA Cup this season and gave up the whole East End , would you sit in another stand ?

Not having a pop , just interested to know the mindset. I'm assuming you are a younger fan as all the things you say you hold dear , were important to me years ago but not so much now.

For me, personally. I would pick and choose games now if the ee was to shut.

Like I will with the new stadium.

For me, personally. I would pick and choose games now if the ee was to shut.

Like I will with the new stadium.

Even if we got to the Prem ??

You could be seen by some as a glory hunter !!

Still don't understand the mindset of the younger fans. I dread to think where you'd all go if we ever suffered relegation , or even worse , ended up back in the basement like 82.

Archived