IGNORED

Amougou Signs For Middlesbrough

FoD Barmy Army Bream

I would really like to see McManus here permenantly, but didn't Del say that he was looking for a Right Footed CB to compliment LF..?

Perhaps with options reducing now that the window is closed, he may not have that as a main priority and McManus is a quality dominant CB.

I think the need for a dominant ball winner is much greater now than having the perfect defensive balance. I think we are running out of options so we may need to compromise on something.

the don''t rate carey iis just a personal dis-like of him,

I think he's been at fault for 3 goals but I have to admit, that aside he's been solid and decent enough which is hard to say as I ditest him,

I would be happoy for us to carry on with him and fonts because at home we look as if we're going to be playing strong attacking football over the wings which is our strength due to the length and width of the pitch at ashton gate and this will more then cover our weakness which is through the centre, (not just our centre backs but current centre mid too)

So , you dont rate him as a person but do rate him as a player??

Even though you don't trust him , you think he has been at fault for half of the goals we've conceded this season , he's slow and can't turn??

You're a strange one Monkeh !!!!!

So , you dont rate him as a person but do rate him as a player??

Even though you don't trust him , you think he has been at fault for half of the goals we've conceded this season , he's slow and can't turn??

You're a strange one Monkeh !!!!!

its the same as my irrastinal dis-like of Carl "*******" Hutchings,

the goals is just how I saw it (I'm seeing a much different game in the EE then I did in the Atyeo) but if you take them mistakes out of it he's been doing a decent job but not the answer long term,

Its me trying to be nice to a player I'm always critical of, if he keeps it up it will be a u-turn of Cole Skuse perportions for me and he was a player I slagged off alot called golden boy and he rammed it down my throat with stand out good performance last season at right back,

and I'm happy to admit that Carey is starting to do same thats all I'm trying to say

its the same as my irrastinal dis-like of Carl "*******" Hutchings,

the goals is just how I saw it (I'm seeing a much different game in the EE then I did in the Atyeo) but if you take them mistakes out of it he's been doing a decent job but not the answer long term,

Its me trying to be nice to a player I'm always critical of, if he keeps it up it will be a u-turn of Cole Skuse perportions for me and he was a player I slagged off alot called golden boy and he rammed it down my throat with stand out good performance last season at right back,

and I'm happy to admit that Carey is starting to do same thats all I'm trying to say

A dislike of Hutchings is not really irrational , most people agree he was not very good in his spell here.

Skuse is getting better with age and experience.

Carey on the other hand , I don't get how or why you dislike him. (unless it's personal.)

Over 20 years at the club , mostly as a solid and reliable performer , BUT he's 35 now and is not going to get any better. He is what he is now , an old warhorse who should have been replaced a couple of years ago , but is still handy enough to do a job when called upon. He's not going to "keep it up" as you put it , because he'll be in and out of the side at his age. Not sure what you're expecting from him this season TBH , in mine , and probably many others eyes , we've seen the best of Louis and are not anticipating anything more than a bits and peices season in terms of appearances , certainly not one that's going to change anyones opinion of him.

A dislike of Hutchings is not really irrational , most people agree he was not very good in his spell here.

Skuse is getting better with age and experience.

Carey on the other hand , I don't get how or why you dislike him. (unless it's personal.)

Over 20 years at the club , mostly as a solid and reliable performer , BUT he's 35 now and is not going to get any better. He is what he is now , an old warhorse who should have been replaced a couple of years ago , but is still handy enough to do a job when called upon. He's not going to "keep it up" as you put it , because he'll be in and out of the side at his age. Not sure what you're expecting from him this season TBH , in mine , and probably many others eyes , we've seen the best of Louis and are not anticipating anything more than a bits and peices season in terms of appearances , certainly not one that's going to change anyones opinion of him.

:)

the don''t rate carey iis just a personal dis-like of him,

I think he's been at fault for 3 goals but I have to admit, that aside he's been solid and decent enough which is hard to say as I ditest him,

I would be happoy for us to carry on with him and fonts because at home we look as if we're going to be playing strong attacking football over the wings which is our strength due to the length and width of the pitch at ashton gate and this will more then cover our weakness which is through the centre, (not just our centre backs but current centre mid too)

Well, we've only conceded 4 goals in the games he's played in so if you're saying LC has been at fault for 75% of those goals then that's a fairly damning indictment of the player - whether you like him personally or not. If you are deemed at fault for 3 goals in 4 games then it really doesn't matter how solid you are the rest of the time - anyone less popular would be slaughtered.

He's old and slow - not his fault - and though experience and passion for the shirt can count for a lot, it doesn't make up for deficiencies which have always plagued him, like allowing opponents free headers in the box.

Del has made Fontaine his skipper so obviously Carey is the one he is looking to replace whether by a preferred right footer or not.

As far as I'm concerned it's very disappointing James Wilson wasn't given an extended chance from the off this season. He will make mistakes, but so does Carey, and Wilson just might turn out to be a very good player with a long future at City, or go for a good fee if he gets his chance and fulfils his potential

We've conceded in every game and though we've put pressure on teams at home it hasn't needed them to do much to score when they get near our goal.

Clearly Del knows the centre of defence is a weakness and I for one would not be happy to see the same pairing for the next 5 games and still hope for a change against Blackburn.

I'm Carey's biggest fan, but when you have a 35-year-old central defender it's pretty obvious you need some solid back-up behind that man. Louis never flinched a challenge and injuries are always a possibility.

ATM we don't have an acceptable replacement central defender at the club IMO.

The fact that Mcinnes is prepared to let James Wilson go out on loan now says everything about how highly he rates him, even if Nogbad and I both have a much higher opinion of him.

Carey will be 36 in January, he has done well so far but 4 games, many of which have had decent gaps between them is not going to be representative of how the next nine months will be.

Sargent Cidered is right, the original plan was clearly to bring in a right footer at CB but given the choice with trying to get through with what we currently have or bringing in McManus if no suitable right footed defender can be secured, I'd be amazed if Del plumped for the former.

The fact that Mcinnes is prepared to let James Wilson go out on loan now says everything about how highly he rates him, even if Nogbad and I both have a much higher opinion of him.

Carey will be 36 in January, he has done well so far but 4 games, many of which have had decent gaps between them is not going to be representative of how the next nine months will be.

Sargent Cidered is right, the original plan was clearly to bring in a right footer at CB but given the choice with trying to get through with what we currently have or bringing in McManus if no suitable right footed defender can be secured, I'd be amazed if Del plumped for the former.

I don't think its a question of highly rating him its more likely that Del is close to bringing some one in,

you will then have a stright choice of the Expreanced Carey or the In-Expreanced Wilson as cover and Carey will get the nod every time

Didn't someone say McInnes turned down an advance from Forest for Wilson? No source just what I read on here somewhere who I think put a source with it. If true then shows McInnes does rate Wilson or think he could turn into a good player at this level. So a loan would be to be playing week in week out rather than sitting on the bench at most.

Archived