IGNORED

Lee Miller Next Season

shire_redz

I'm pretty sure that when we signed Miller, it was stated that he can play upfront or as an attacking midfielder. If Tins should hang up his boots, then what about playing a 3-4-1-2 with Miller playing just behind the front two?

Philips

Big Kev Coles Hill

Murray Wilkshire Doherty Rougier

Miller

Roberts Gillespie

Miller can tackle back when required plus support the front two. The front two's heading ability need not be paramount because Miller would be forward whilst attacking and during set-pieces.

I feel this side has good pace throughout and the potential for overlaps down the right is high with big kev and murray linking up.

I'm still not sure about the front two though, maybe Lita should start or perhaps he'll be our super-sub. Also, is GIllespie good enough for the first team yet?

With this formation I can see the goals coming which have cost us auto this year. Champions next year!!! :grr:

Tony Rougier as left the club, due to Danny Wilson not offering him a new contract
I'm sure if you read the first and second posts you will see shire_redz is well aware of that

I'm pretty sure that when we signed Miller, it was stated that he can play upfront or as an attacking midfielder. If Tins should hang up his boots, then what about playing a 3-4-1-2 with Miller playing just behind the front two?

Philips

Big Kev Coles Hill

Murray Wilkshire Doherty Rougier

Miller

Roberts Gillespie

Miller can tackle back when required plus support the front two. The front two's heading ability need not be paramount because Miller would be forward whilst attacking and during set-pieces.

I feel this side has good pace throughout and the potential for overlaps down the right is high with big kev and murray linking up.

I'm still not sure about the front two though, maybe Lita should start or perhaps he'll be our super-sub. Also, is GIllespie good enough for the first team yet?

With this formation I can see the goals coming which have cost us auto this year. Champions next year!!! :grr:

Lets get the record straight ok, Lee Miller could play midfield if required.

All throughout his career with our school team, and with the Falkirk youth team, Lee was a central midfielder. He was capped at Scotland schoolboys level while playing midfield.

It was only when he got his break in the Falkirk first team that he was introduced into playing as a striker. Ian McCall, the Falkirk manager at the time, seen Lee had the heading ability to score goals regularly if he played right up top, and his finishing wasnt bad either. After a slow first season with Falkirk, in which he scored only 7 goals, he came back after the summer and his best, ( and final ) season with Falkirk in which he scored 19 goals, and was nominated for Scotlands Young Player Of The Year award.

Just trying to point out he is still learning how to be the complete striker, but he could if asked i believe do a great job behind the two front men.

Sounds good to me, pencil him in there then! :grr:

At least he might get regular starts and could move forward if need be later in the game. If he is not on the pitch he can't get the goals, then his confidence gets dented. Look at Robbo and see how a few goals really boosted him. This year has got to be Miller Time!

toatlly agree with this post, Miller starting the season behind the front two will ease the pressure on him with goal scoring and allow him to get forward when we are trying to breck down defence minded teams at the gate.

He is a very good footballer and would do a very good job for us in the middle, the one thing he needs to sort out is his fitness level, which I think is below par. he needs to gain a box to box 90 minute stamina to be with Doherty in the middle.

:grr:

Archived