IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Blackburn Rovers Official Match Thread

ciderbeans

No more excuses, everybody knows we need a central defender, time to stop faffing about and sign one.

agreed too much pissing about on this centre back situation....everyone of us has agreed that we needed a commanding centre back since end of last season but mcinnes has not brought one in yet....Monk would be ideal what the hell is the problem with him signing

It sounded like we gave it a pretty good go. they will be one of the best teams we come up against this season. although conceding 5 at home is a bit of a gutter. The sooner we can improve the squad with a decent centre half the better.

Sounds like a fair analysis, but at least we gave it a go.

agreed too much pissing about on this centre back situation....everyone of us has agreed that we needed a commanding centre back since end of last season but mcinnes has not brought one in yet....Monk would be ideal what the hell is the problem with him signing

He doesnt want to come to City or drop down to the championship!

Same old city, great going forward but awful defensively. Fontaine - worst i've ever seen him play, just what was he doing for their 3rd!!

To be fair though, we'd beat most sides in the league on that showing, Blackburn were clincal going forward. Rhodes is Premier League quality no doubt about it and gave us the run around all day. They should go up no problem.

I can accept when we don't deserve to win but, 3-3 Skuse wins back possession but the ref blows for a foul ! Absolute ******* ridiculous, it was a perfectly fine challenge. They didn't score direct from it but the ball stayed in the defensive 3rd and they scored from that, when they never should of had possession in the first place ! Ref was shite all match !

That was a blummin good game. Just got back, and i'm finding it hard to feel disappointed with the scoreline. (It just highlights the fact we need a new CB)

At times we played really well, and we've finally got some quality players. For the first time since Coppout screwed us up and left us with Millen I feel like its going to be alright. We'll finish comfortable in midtable somewhere based on todays performance.

Keep calm and carry on.

COYR!

I can accept when we don't deserve to win but, 3-3 Skuse wins back possession but the ref blows for a foul ! Absolute ******* ridiculous, it was a perfectly fine challenge. They didn't score direct from it but the ball stayed in the defensive 3rd and they scored from that, when they never should of had possession in the first place ! Ref was shite all match !

At the risk of sound like the gash, the ref gave us **** all today. Not saying we'd have got a point but he was a shocker !

Like many others I couldn't get to AG and relied onSSN for updates. It sounded a thrilling match with both teams trying to win. Reading the above posts, no one seems too disheartened and City simply lost to a classy outfit who only four months ago were in the Prem.

Like many others I couldn't get to AG and relied onSSN for updates. It sounded a thrilling match with both teams trying to win. Reading the above posts, no one seems too disheartened and City simply lost to a classy outfit who only four months ago were in the Prem.

Pretty much sums it up for me, little bit more class and "clever" (as they call making a meal of every challenge on the continent), some great finishes from them

Yep; my first match of the season.. bit of an expensive commute and pity we lost but what a corker. I will not get to many games this season; perhaps 4-5 at best but I doubt we will be up against such quality as this. I dislike Keen and the owners and I really wanted us to tonk em today and we oh so very nearly did. We gave them a game, and they know it but they have class in depth, have splashed the cash and if they do not go up as Champions they can only have their manager or a huge injury list to blame.

I am not disheartened in any way, shape or form but if there was any doubt, whatsoever, that we need 2, not 1, new signings in the back line we surely do not have any now.

The only immediate headache we have now is the need to urgently bounce back and the opportunity to do just that, fortunately, is just around the corner. Question is, will it be a good time to play the Posh or will they finally get a point or more on the board?

Here are my player ratings (please note i may have missed some crucial play thanks to a pillar blocking my line of sight):-

HEATON - 7

FOSTER - 6

CAREY - 5

FONTAINE - 5

CUNNINGHAM - 7

PEARSON - 6

SKUSE - 6

WOOLFORD - 5

ADOMAH - 9

STEAD - 5

TAYLOR - 6

DAVIES - 7

BALDOCK - 7

ANDERSON - not on long enough

I am probably a little harsh with my ratings but the two stand outs for me were Adomah, for being superb, and Woolford, for being poor. I hope this is not a reversion to type for him.

What a great match.

Archived