IGNORED

Entertainment

Super

A fantastic game against Blackburn but the wrong result. A lot of City fans were applauding at the end of the game and you don't usually get that at the end of a game we've lost. The Blackburn supporters must be real hardened Northern nutters wanting to get rid of a manager that gets his team producing that kind of display.

TBF if you gave me a huge bahg of PL exit money and allowed me to buy an £8m striker, I might assemble a team that produces that sort of display.

However on the Blackburn front, plaudits for the very reasonable away support they got. It's a long way - and Blackburn's not a huge place.

I am as much a football fan as I am a City fan which means I can appreciate good football even when we are on the receiving end of it, but it's even more fun when we are contributing too. Yesterday was nearly worth my season ticket on it's own, add to that the excellent wins over Palace and the Red Dragons and I am more than happy so far.

A fantastic game against Blackburn but the wrong result. A lot of City fans were applauding at the end of the game and you don't usually get that at the end of a game we've lost.

Spot on. Three terrifically entertaining games at AG so far this season. After the Palace game I posted on here that I couldn't remember the last time that I had left AG feeling that I'd been entertained. Even though I was disappointed yesterday that City lost I still had that 'value for money' feeling as I walked back to car.

Fanastic game yesterday , dissapointing to lose but we more than played our part and scored 3 goals against a side packed with quality players. If we continue to play with the freedom and attacking prowess we are showing , I expect to be walking away from Ashton Gate with a smile on my face more often than not.

TBF if you gave me a huge bahg of PL exit money and allowed me to buy an £8m striker, I might assemble a team that produces that sort of display.

However on the Blackburn front, plaudits for the very reasonable away support they got. It's a long way - and Blackburn's not a huge place.

We could have been watching a Premier League game yesterday - quality free flowing football from both sides with our players costing but a fraction of what some of those Blackburn players are worth. As for Blackburn and football, a big place on the map with regard to football pedigree and heritage. I'm pretty sure that the Gas copied their name and strip playing in blue and white quarters instead of halves. As we all know, the Gas have come absolutely no where near winning so many FA Cups and top flight Championships as Blackburn Rovers have.

We could have been watching a Premier League game yesterday - quality free flowing football from both sides with our players costing but a fraction of what some of those Blackburn players are worth. As for Blackburn and football, a big place on the map with regard to football pedigree and heritage. I'm pretty sure that the Gas copied their name and strip playing in blue and white quarters instead of halves. As we all know, the Gas have come absolutely no where near winning so many FA Cups and top flight Championships as Blackburn Rovers have.

Very true RG.

And (having been there), I can say, we lost, but we won too in that we didn't have to go back to homes in Blackburn :laughcont:

Great game yesterday, we are all City fans but we are also football fans and it was so much more satisfying watching a real quality end to end football match. We've been so used to boring 1-0 / 1-1 games. I would rather see a City team going for it every game, if we play like that every week we'll win more than we lose. Blackburn are a real quality side. We won't play a centre midfield pairing of Murphy and Etuhu every week who showed their premership experience, also Rhodes who was a clinical finisher. Great game, left the gate with a sense of dissapointment although glad we're being entertained again!

Mate, I totally agree with you, just saying given the choice today would have prefered a poor 1-0 .

All ways want to see us win, but after last season it,s good to see & know we can score goals & you cant beat AG for entertainment at the moment, nice to look forward to going to the going to the football at the Gate again

Archived