IGNORED

Pearson

_Bristol-City_

Does bring an odd goal to the team. Anything else? PPP. Piss. Poor. Pearson. Well played Skuse especially today though. Class performance.

What game were you watching? Pearson wasn't piss poor at all. He and Skuse did well against a very useful Blackburn midfield. None of the City players were individually poor. The defence as a whole was poor as conceding 5 goals tells you.

It was inevitable that there would be Pearson bashing after the game, he was ok but I felt he could have come off for Elliott though to be fair Elliott might not have scored the second goal if he had, as for none of our players being "individually poor" I'd humbly suggest that Fontaine, who was at fault with the first 3 goals might well have been...

What is it with some people on here? Do they really need to have a player to target? Think about it. When was the last time we had a centre mid who knew where the goal was? Try backing the whole team and who knows where we'll get. Today could have gone either way. Accept the fact that we will lose some games especially to the top teams, but if we're entertained and the team gives its all then we can ask for no more. Give me today over any of the dire millen era.

Pearson was ok today - worked hard - looked lively and disrupted a good Blackburn midfield. Woolford was off the pace and lacks a first touch. Albert was at times brilliant.

We paid for not settling for the draw and from an entertainment point of view I reckon it's worth it. Blackburn are deadly and ruthlessly punished us for trying to pinch the game in the closing minutes but we ran them close.

We really do need to strengthen that central defence though.

So this would be two games on the bounce that you have started a thread criticising Pearson then?

He and Skuse lost the battle in the midfield today against Etuhu and Murphy, who are both very good players at this level, and it did lead to Blackburn controlling possession, but he certainly wasn't 'piss poor'. I am Skuse's biggest fan, but I find it simply absurd that you can start a thread suggesting Pearson played badly and then describe Skuse as having played a 'class performance'. Neither of them were particularly brilliant and neither of them were piss poor.

I have noticed a growing a trend on this forum to criticise Pearson and I don't really understand it. Sure he isn't a fantastic player and he is unlikely to ever do anything amazing, but he is a solid and dependable player for us and certainly never lets us down. He gets around the pitch, puts his foot and has a decent passing range. Added to this he is superb at coming from deep and arriving in the box. If he had shown more composure in front of goal last season he would have scored many more than he did and he appears to be putting this right this season. As an earlier poster said, when was the last time we had a central midfielder that regularly stuck the ball in the net?

What is it with some people on here? Do they really need to have a player to target?

Indeed some people do. Personally I'm quite happy with Pearson and I don't think he is a weak link. Sometimes he'll be good, sometimes he'll be bad, same as the rest. And at least he can find the net, it's a while since we've been able to say that about one of our midfielders.

So this would be two games on the bounce that you have started a thread criticising Pearson then?

He and Skuse lost the battle in the midfield today against Etuhu and Murphy, who are both very good players at this level, and it did lead to Blackburn controlling possession, but he certainly wasn't 'piss poor'. I am Skuse's biggest fan, but I find it simply absurd that you can start a thread suggesting Pearson played badly and then describe Skuse as having played a 'class performance'. Neither of them were particularly brilliant and neither of them were piss poor.

I have noticed a growing a trend on this forum to criticise Pearson and I don't really understand it. Sure he isn't a fantastic player and he is unlikely to ever do anything amazing, but he is a solid and dependable player for us and certainly never lets us down. He gets around the pitch, puts his foot and has a decent passing range. Added to this he is superb at coming from deep and arriving in the box. If he had shown more composure in front of goal last season he would have scored many more than he did and he appears to be putting this right this season. As an earlier poster said, when was the last time we had a central midfielder that regularly stuck the ball in the net?

+1

Yes Incredible if you think that!!!

Pearson was very good today. He got up and down the pitch very well, always looked for the ball before moving it on quickly. I noted only a couple of times when he misplaced a pass. He scored a good goal too. Skuse in contrast, though not terrible, did his usual ponderous passing display of 10 yards backwards and sideways passes. He took dull, imaginative or inappropriate free kicks. He also gave it away numerous times. Yet as far as the Cole Skuse Fan Club in the Dolman is concerned every average pass or won header if worth a round of applause. I can only imagine it is this Club blinded by adulation that bizarrely voted him MOM. Honestly MOM? Did they even notice Albert Adomah?

Would Pearson get into any side in the top 10?

Would Pearson get into the best side in League 1?

If you had £5million to spend on players, would you still pick Pearson?

I want to believe.......

Would Pearson get into any side in the top 10? Maybe

Would Pearson get into the best side in League 1? Yes

If you had £5million to spend on players, would you still pick Pearson? But that's the point, we are bristol city, we don't have £5million to spend on players

I want to believe.......

Pearson looks like he does a lot for the team but when you actually analyse him throughout the whole game he is pretty shocking. He never quite makes the tackle and never manages to pull away from a player without them getting a touch. I'm about to be slaughtered here but if it was me I would've taken him off for killa

Would Pearson get into any side in the top 10?

Would Pearson get into the best side in League 1?

If you had £5million to spend on players, would you still pick Pearson?

I want to believe.......

Well when we are in the position to splash 5 million quid on new players I might start hoping for a better standard than Pearson. Until then I am happy with what he brings to the team.

And yes he would walk into every League 1 team.

You're clearly the clueless one, Skuse got man of the match you dopey ****.

Not sure that Skuse wrongly being awarded man of the match proves you correct. Also no real need start calling people 'dopey ****s'.

Well I thought we played very well today, we tired a bit towards the end against a side that beat Man Utd away last season.

3.3 would have been a fairer result.

There was a lot of positives that shows we've moved forward from last year.

Better keeper, quick fullbacks, moved the ball well in midfield and a lot more options up front.

There is no pleasing some of the posters on here so why don't the moaners **** off and go support Chelsea.

I for one was thoroughly entertained and can only see us getting better.

Well I thought we played very well today, we tired a bit towards the end against a side that beat Man Utd away last season.

3.3 would have been a fairer result.

There was a lot of positives that shows we've moved forward from last year.

Better keeper, quick fullbacks, moved the ball well in midfield and a lot more options up front.

There is no pleasing some of the posters on here so why don't the moaners **** off and go support Chelsea.

I for one was thoroughly entertained and can only see us getting better.

+1

Archived