IGNORED

Red And White Bar

foghornred

:city: Hi, I went into the Red and White bar yesterday before the game and realized that over the last few months it has really gone downhill :reaper:

We know that the prices are quite steep but put up with that as it's City,but yesterday most of the televisions were switched off and the big screen was not on and trying to watch the match on one of the few screens that was switched on was done in silence as there was no sound !

The catering has also gone downhill because they have always done the pies & burgers but last season they had specials like cottage pie.sweet and sour etc.

No more though just the same old artery blocking fair.

Some supporters came and enjoyed the horse racing but the bookies has now closed and you can't even lose your money on city now.

As a result of all this there were good points, I was able to get a chair and table and no queue at the bar as there were less people using the bar.

Lets get back to the great Red & White bar that we had last season and the season before !

The place is now very poorly managed, and they have lost my custom after being a regular for many years.

The final straw for me was putting prices up yet again.

I used to allocate £10.00 for three pints, and I'd have change, not anymore, so they have lost my custom, and my tenner.

£3.60 for a can of natch is simply disgraceful, and I would love to see how they arrive at that price, and what their margins are.

Is it run by the club or Lindleys?

The place is now very poorly managed, and they have lost my custom after being a regular for many years.

The final straw for me was putting prices up yet again.

I used to allocate £10.00 for three pints, and I'd have change, not anymore, so they have lost my custom, and my tenner.

£3.60 for a can of natch is simply disgraceful, and I would love to see how they arrive at that price, and what their margins are.

Is it run by the club or Lindleys?

£3.60 for a can of Natch is cheap if you compare it to the bottle of 'Abbey Well' water I bought the little one in the Atyeo yesterday for 2 squid! I usually buy the same bottle of water in McColls (in itself a rip off) for 59p I believe!! The prices for food & beverage at AG is ******g disgusting, especially when you take a bottle you've bought elsewhere & the steward at the turnstiles gives you the 'YE SHALL NOT PAAAAASS!!!!'

£3.60 for a can of Natch is cheap if you compare it to the bottle of 'Abbey Well' water I bought the little one in the Atyeo yesterday for 2 squid! I usually buy the same bottle of water in McColls (in itself a rip off) for 59p I believe!! The prices for food & beverage at AG is ******g disgusting, especially when you take a bottle you've bought elsewhere & the steward at the turnstiles gives you the 'YE SHALL NOT PAAAAASS!!!!'

Could not believe the price of a bottle of water outside the Williams and refused to pay it instead a few of us swilled out a couple of empty bottles and used the tap against the wall (tasted ok) the prices for food and drink are simply a disgrace and i for one simply will not pay it

Could not believe the price of a bottle of water outside the Williams and refused to pay it instead a few of us swilled out a couple of empty bottles and used the tap against the wall (tasted ok) the prices for food and drink are simply a disgrace and i for one simply will not pay it

Agree 100%. The prices are a joke. I can buy 24 cans of natch in costco for £17. Used to go in the red & white bar every week up untill a couple of seasons ago but not aymore. Do they not realise if they made their pricing structure more realistic , then more people would attend.

You only have to look at the pub trade in general , it's dieing on its ass , yet Wetherspoons , who have a sensible pricing policy , are opening new pubs all the time.

Well that doesn't sound right. Club policy is that you can take any food or non alcoholic drink into the stadium, as long as it's not in a glass bottle.

Agree 100%. The prices are a joke. I can buy 24 cans of natch in costco for £17. Used to go in the red & white bar every week up untill a couple of seasons ago but not aymore. Do they not realise if they made their pricing structure more realistic , then more people would attend.

You only have to look at the pub trade in general , it's dieing on its ass , yet Wetherspoons , who have a sensible pricing policy , are opening new pubs all the time.

But the experience in a Wetherspoons is a poor one. They make money on their microwaved meals out a bag, not because they are a good boozer

But the experience in a Wetherspoons is a poor one. They make money on their microwaved meals out a bag, not because they are a good boozer

Don't eat their food , but the reasonable prices on drinks means they are thriving. Not really sure why you think the experience is a poor one , depends what you want I suppose. I quite like the fact they don't have juke boxes etc , at least you can sit and have a chat and have a good drink that won't break the bank. There's other pubs about if you want something a bit livelier , but for a Sunday lunch time drink Wetherspoons suits me fine.

Microwave meal in a bag? I go in there for a cheap meal out quite often. Commercial rooms is cheap as buggery, is that Wetherspoons?

Don't eat their food , but the reasonable prices on drinks means they are thriving. Not really sure why you think the experience is a poor one , depends what you want I suppose. I quite like the fact they don't have juke boxes etc , at least you can sit and have a chat and have a good drink that won't break the bank. There's other pubs about if you want something a bit livelier , but for a Sunday lunch time drink Wetherspoons suits me fine.

I go to other pubs, some cheaper, some about the same, some more. It's not as eye openingly cheap as it used to be on most prices.

Personally I find them staffed by mongs, lacking of any sort of atmosphere with little character to the interior.

Each to their own and all that

Half time at the Cardiff game.......I queued at the bar for 15 minutes until people were starting to leave. No more than 20 seconds after getting served, a bouncer came up to me and said: ''right you - F off'', and tried to take my drink off me. And not in a jokey way either, he was really aggressive about it.

I said to him, do you talk to people in the hospitality suite like that? I was going to complain, but I forgot about it.

The same price in the SCT bar. £3.60 for a single can of natch! Not even a pint. You can buy 4 cans in the local shop for £4.50. Thats around 300% mark up. Prices within AG are an undisguised rip-off. I never buy anything inside the ground for that very reason.

The pie van near the park sells really nice pies for £1.50 - half the price of the pies in the ground and the pies from the van taste better in my opinion. It must be difficult to cater for so many people when the team of cooks and helpers only meet two or three times a month, which means that the cooking equipment lies idle for most of the time. I used to always have the special in the Red and White bar, but in future will tend to go to the pie van.

Took mates boy to Crapdiff game , he had plastic bottle of coke confiscated going into Atyeo !

To quote the email I recieved back from David Lloyd......

"Chris

Thanks for your feedback.

It is certainly not club policy to ban plastic water bottles, and I can only assume that the steward concerned made a mistake or had been incorrectly briefed. Many apologies for this, and I will make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Kind regards

David Lloyd"

Sounds like a steward might get a good slap! :punish: Doubt it though, I will most certainly be bringing a bottle of water to the Leeds game & will quote this email if refused entry!

The pie van near the park sells really nice pies for £1.50 - half the price of the pies in the ground and the pies from the van taste better in my opinion. It must be difficult to cater for so many people when the team of cooks and helpers only meet two or three times a month, which means that the cooking equipment lies idle for most of the time. I used to always have the special in the Red and White bar, but in future will tend to go to the pie van.

I also had the specials in the red & white bar so they must have been popular so why no specials now ?

Maybe they think that we are all junk food eaters !

Archived