IGNORED

Posh Vs. City

redlandrebel

Forum fell over due to sheer amount of traffic, peaked at a DOS tastic 3'500 for some reason. Getting it back online is a nightmare simply because everyone hits F5 and that doesn't help at all.

Gutted about Cunningham, you just knew it would be too good to be true that we'd found a pukka left back at long last. (confirmed by DM that its SLD)

I was doing my kin nut, what a time for it to go tits up, thought it was me, turn off (cuss) turn on (cuss cuss ) I just can't listen to the commentry.

Followed on BBC how long was that 8 mins in "City time" bloody Fergie time what is it with them and refs ?

I was doing my kin nut, what a time for it to go tits up, thought it was me, turn off (cuss) turn on (cuss cuss ) I just can't listen to the commentry.

Followed on BBC how long was that 8 mins in "City time" bloody Fergie time what is it with them and refs ?

didn't the fourth official say the refs stopwatch stopped working? it's a conspiracy i tell ya!

Great result at a difficult ground. Fair play to Del for mixing it up and getting the changes spot on in order to get the desired result. Shame about the injuries but these things happen and fortunately we now have a quality squad and decent cover. Baldock is a natural finisher and must be the bargain of the year. City fans are in for some season, hold onto your hats !

Seeing Albert on the bench at the start I assumed the plan was to tire Posh out in the first half then have Albert's wing play destroy them in the 2nd.I was a bit concerned to see a large gap between out goal and back four. Presumably the off side trap was being used; something City traditionally fail at. At half time I thought City were slightly the better team, we just needed to step up a gear.

Sure enough at the 2nd half kick off City had six players on the centre line and then dominated large periods of play. The two goals were well taken.

Posh did have periods of possession but didn't or coouldn't do anything with it and some of their playters looked definitely overweight.

Although a useful away win where Citylost 3-0 just 6 months ago, at times City looked like they still weren't firing on all cylinders and can only get better.

Jist got in, was a dire first half with very little action in either penalty area.

Second half much better, especially after the 1st goal. Absolute gift from Little!

The foul on Fonts? By little was reckless at best, looked 2 footed. The one on Cunningham was simply disgusting. That only got a yellow, the same punishment that Davis I think picked up for "wasting time" not taking a throw while Albert was tying his laces!

Couldn't comment on the Pen but most seemed to think it was soft.

I had Baldock first scorer - 2-0 and 3-0 at 85/1 and 165/1 respectively... Was absolutely fuming when that penalty went in.

Seeing Albert on the bench at the start I assumed the plan was to tire Posh out in the first half then have Albert's wing play destroy them in the 2nd.I was a bit concerned to see a large gap between out goal and back four. Presumably the off side trap was being used; something City traditionally fail at. At half time I thought City were slightly the better team, we just needed to step up a gear.

Sure enough at the 2nd half kick off City had six players on the centre line and then dominated large periods of play. The two goals were well taken.

Posh did have periods of possession but didn't or coouldn't do anything with it and some of their playters looked definitely overweight.

Although a useful away win where Citylost 3-0 just 6 months ago, at times City looked like they still weren't firing on all cylinders and can only get better.

I could hear Heaton commanding that line, he was telling them to stay high!

Possibly, but a solid defence, that we appear to have tonight, and certainly didn't have with Saturday's central pairing, is going to do better whatever the opposition.

If only Wilson had played on Saturday, eh?

I can't imagine he'd have made an iota of difference.

Still, it was nice to see he performed well against the unpleasant and hopefully relegation-bound Peterborough.

I can't imagine he'd have made an iota of difference.

Still, it was nice to see he performed well against the unpleasant and hopefully relegation-bound Peterborough.

It's generally accepted that both central defenders had games they'd probably rather forget against Blackburn.

It stands to reason then that if Wilson had played, and played well, it would have made a positive difference.

Yep, hopefully dirty and disgraceful Peterbro' for ignominious relegation, Ferguson for the sack, and a run of games for James Wilson so we can really see what he's made of.

It's generally accepted that both central defenders had games they'd probably rather forget against Blackburn.

It stands to reason then that if Wilson had played, and played well, it would have made a positive difference.

It's as simple as this - Blackburn brought the best strikeforce in the division. As well as that, they had quality oozing through the side. Pedersen aside, they offered a lot going forward through Murphy, Olsson and particularly Ribiero. Peterborough sported an overweight Tomlin who offered little, and Barnett who ran around with no great technical return. We played with a more defensive line-up even when Adomah came on against a significantly worse team. Had it not been for Mendez-Laing they wouldn't have had anything to offer at all.

Wait until Wilson faces some quality opposition before you proclaim he would have done better. The circumstances couldn't have been much more different.

It's as simple as this - Blackburn brought the best strikeforce in the division. As well as that, they had quality oozing through the side. Pedersen aside, they offered a lot going forward through Murphy, Olsson and particularly Ribiero. Peterborough sported an overweight Tomlin who offered little, and Barnett who ran around with no great technical return. We played with a more defensive line-up even when Adomah came on against a significantly worse team. Had it not been for Mendez-Laing they wouldn't have had anything to offer at all.

Wait until Wilson faces some quality opposition before you proclaim he would have done better. The circumstances couldn't have been much more different.

No, it's much more simple than that.

Both our central defenders had poor games on Saturday leading to sloppy goals being conceded.

Had they played better City wouldn't have let in so many.

Derek McInnes was furious with our defending - "as poor a defensive performance as we've had since I've been here .....on another day if we defend better we win the game. Every goal was avoidable" - goals were conceded not through fantastic play by Blackburn but by shoddy defending.

Had Wilson played, and played well, of course it would have made a difference.

Both our central defenders had poor games on Saturday leading to sloppy goals being conceded.

Derek McInnes was furious with our defending - "as poor a defensive performance as we've had since I've been here .....on another day if we defend better we win the game. Every goal was avoidable" - goals were conceded not through fantastic play by Blackburn but by shoddy defending.

Of course it would, but what a pointless statement. If I'd played and played well it would have made a difference.

The defending as a team against Blackburn was poor - I can't remember a time at Peterborough where the front two were fed a ball from the wing like Gomes was for the second, or the defence left so woefully exposed as Carey & Fontaine were for the third. Picking out specific examples, Gomes peeled off Carey for the second on Saturday, and Carey stood off as the last man against Rhodes for the fifth to try and stand him up, as well as to not concede a penalty. I have no intention of making excuses for the poor defensive work all round, but Blackburn's attacking play was unquestionably strong. Rhodes is a magnificent player who will play Premier League football within a year.

Peterborough produced very little to directly threaten Wilson and Fontaine. They were a poor team, with very limited creativity. There's a reason why they've lost 6 out of 6, and why Blackburn are top of the league. If you don't create chances, defenders don't have to defend.

Analysing the two games side by side is absurd, Blackburn made chances to put the defenders in positions to make mistakes, they're a good team. Peterborough didn't and are dropping like a stone. The defence was poor at the weekend, but as you're chirping up to point out how well Wilson did against such questionable opposition (in a game where only Carey was changed) and would have made the difference on Saturday, it's difficult to assume that you haven't got an agenda against him.

And maybe the difference would've been that we conceded 6 or 7!

TBH your Carey hatred has propelled you into advancing the ridiculous proposition that had Wilson played on Saturday, we'd had achieved a positive result.

Fontaine was the weakest link on Saturday and Carey - though considerably more robust - was skinned for speed on a couple of occasions.

At any rate they faced the best team in the division whilst on Tuesday Wilson and Fontaine faced the worst.

You're comparing oranges with apples in an attempt to shore up your 'Carey is to old' argument.

It's an argument that I have as little time for as the occasionally heard 'Wilson is too young' post you read on this board.

Until I see Wilson face a multi-million pound strikeforce behind an AWOL midfield I won't be able to compare his performance to Saturday's. Nor should you.

Of course it would, but what a pointless statement. If I'd played and played well it would have made a difference.

The defending as a team against Blackburn was poor - I can't remember a time at Peterborough where the front two were fed a ball from the wing like Gomes was for the second, or the defence left so woefully exposed as Carey & Fontaine were for the third. Picking out specific examples, Gomes peeled off Carey for the second on Saturday, and Carey stood off as the last man against Rhodes for the fifth to try and stand him up, as well as to not concede a penalty. I have no intention of making excuses for the poor defensive work all round, but Blackburn's attacking play was unquestionably strong. Rhodes is a magnificent player who will play Premier League football within a year.

Peterborough produced very little to directly threaten Wilson and Fontaine. They were a poor team, with very limited creativity. There's a reason why they've lost 6 out of 6, and why Blackburn are top of the league. If you don't create chances, defenders don't have to defend.

Analysing the two games side by side is absurd, Blackburn made chances to put the defenders in positions to make mistakes, they're a good team. Peterborough didn't and are dropping like a stone. The defence was poor at the weekend, but as you're chirping up to point out how well Wilson did against such questionable opposition (in a game where only Carey was changed) and would have made the difference on Saturday, it's difficult to assume that you haven't got an agenda against him.

Glad you agree Ron, and not sure why you quoted me originally giving the impression you didn't!

And sorry, I can't agree that your inclusion in the City team instead of Carey or Fontaine, however bad they were, would have made a similar positive difference. :wacko:

Even if you seem loath to give him credit most right minded people would argue that James Wilson is a far more accomplished central defender than you.

Just to finish, Blackburn didn't need to be a great team to score the goals our poor central defence allowed them to on Saturday, our defenders were so awful that lesser teams would also have profited,

As McInnes rightly said, ALL the goals were avoidable.

Glad you agree Ron, and not sure why you quoted me originally giving the impression you didn't!

And sorry, I can't agree that your inclusion in the City team instead of Carey or Fontaine, however bad they were, would have made a similar positive difference. :wacko:

Even if you seem loath to give him credit most right minded people would argue that James Wilson is a far more accomplished central defender than you.

Just to finish, Blackburn didn't need to be a great team to score the goals our poor central defence allowed them to on Saturday, our defenders were so awful that lesser teams would also have profited,

As McInnes rightly said, ALL the goals were avoidable.

Opinions are just that, and as you've ignored countering over the post and still feel no need to acknowledge Blackburn's strengths, this doesn't really constitute a discussion. Until the next time

I've now discussed the game with my son who was cheering on Posh from the London Road end. The ignorance of youth.

Baldock's rubbish.

City would never have scored if it wasn't for that back pass.

If City had played that poorly anywhere else, they'd have been thrashed.

City are probably going down with Posh & Ipswich.

Your manager's daft not putting on Adomah until the 2nd half.

Archived