IGNORED

Supporter Owned Clubs

gater2

Interesting article about how Wycombe has become a supporter-owned club: https://socialenterprise.guardian.co.uk/en/articles/social-enterprise-network/football-league-blog/2012/sep/21/fan-ownership-football-club-wycombe

Clearly not the same situation to us as Steve L is far more 'stable' and reliable an owner than some of the crooks that end up owning other clubs. But would be interested to see if City fans on here would be interested in owning BCFC if the opportunity arose.

I'm aware the supporters trust is doing some great work in this area, and they'll know much more than me about the situation.

Another interesting model is Arsenal fanshare: http://www.arsenaltrust.org/about/arsenal-fanshare

was it Ebbsfleet that were the supported owned club we bought Akinde from? Remember there being a vote on whether he should leave or not

correct,

I like supporter owned clubs to a degree and it works very well in the lower league but there is always the case of too many cooks,

Real and Barca are both supporter owned but in any other country in any other league in the world they both would of gone bust a long time ago,

If you have very wealthy supporters it will work as there is scope for investment but when you have a club like ours we rely on people like Keith Dawe and Steve Lansdown to prop up the club in order to just compete at this level,

I would never be against supoorters having a say at board room level but I would come away from the current set up we have

at risk of sounding like an interviewer, what is wrong with the current setup for you?

nothing with our current set up I'm a massive fan of lansdown and can see what the board is trying to achieve,

Its good we have Dave Lloyd but its always better imo to have the head of the supporters trust (this may happen already I have no clue) also in david lloyds postion to give us a greater understanding of what goes on behind the scenes,

The club (unfairly in my view) has been critised recently for not being open enough its just personal oppion that a fan working with Dave L would bridge the gap even further between the club and its fan base

nothing with our current set up I'm a massive fan of lansdown and can see what the board is trying to achieve,

Its good we have Dave Lloyd but its always better imo to have the head of the supporters trust (this may happen already I have no clue) also in david lloyds postion to give us a greater understanding of what goes on behind the scenes,

The club (unfairly in my view) has been critised recently for not being open enough its just personal oppion that a fan working with Dave L would bridge the gap even further between the club and its fan base

Thank you, I personally am not aware of what the set up is ATM but its interesting to hear your stance

Thank you, I personally am not aware of what the set up is ATM but its interesting to hear your stance

Like you I haven't a clue ether but as city is one of my great passions the more the club can challenge us and get us involved the better,

All the moaning a side (seem to happen alot with city) the club has been fantastic to us fans they've brought ticket prices down reopend the east end helped with art and other supporter led directives I congratualate them on that but now is not the time to rest now is tthe time to push and get more involvment with us,

Ashton Gate is turning into a great place to be on a saturday thanks to on field affairs (players and Delboy) now its time for fan nights and other things to kick in to make us the envey of other supporters imo

Supporter-owned clubs don't have a great record here - Bournemouth and the aforementioned Ebbsfleet

On 23 December 2011, it was announced that the club needed to raise £50,000 by the end of the 2011/12 season or risk going out of business.[13]
(wiki)

Ego and ambition get the better of running a proper business. Bring on the FFP rules and supporter owned clubs will stand a much better chance of propspering.

Supporter-owned clubs don't have a great record here - Bournemouth and the aforementioned Ebbsfleet

(wiki)

Ego and ambition get the better of running a proper business. Bring on the FFP rules and supporter owned clubs will stand a much better chance of propspering.

indeed, madrid and bara have had hundreds of millions written off by the bank if not billions in their history, thats why the format rarely works simply too many cooks,

Its good in theroy but just isn't pratical in the modern game, isn't only about 6 clubs out of 92 that turn a profit?

As I say on a regular basis I am always available to any supporter who has any questions or comments about how the club is run. I would also welcome any suggestions that fans have about how we can improve any aspect of our relationship with supporters. If you have suggestions for marketing campaigns etc, then we would genuinely love to hear them. I talk with Stu Rogers - the chair of the Supporters Club and Trust on a regular basis and attend SC&T meetings every month where I am happy to answer questions on anything. Email me on david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk. Call me on my direct line on 0117 963 0683. Come and meet me whenever you like or get together with some mates and I'll meet you at the venue of your choice. I do my best to get out and meet fans whenever possible. Let me know - specifically - what else you think I should be doing and I promise I will listen and take your ideas on board wherever possible.

Hi Dave

Just wondering what advertising we use days for getting people to games?

I don't live in the UK any more but over here In australia games are advertised pretty much every week on the radio and more heavily for Big games or special offers. Also the use of billboards around the city add to exposure. Im not saying attendances here in sydney especially are great but in my 28 odd years in bristol i dont think I ever remember hearing about upcoming games from anything but the official site or word of mouth.

I know its all money but surely a trial to see what extra attendances it could bring would be Worthwhile.

As I say on a regular basis I am always available to any supporter who has any questions or comments about how the club is run. I would also welcome any suggestions that fans have about how we can improve any aspect of our relationship with supporters. If you have suggestions for marketing campaigns etc, then we would genuinely love to hear them. I talk with Stu Rogers - the chair of the Supporters Club and Trust on a regular basis and attend SC&T meetings every month where I am happy to answer questions on anything. Email me on david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk. Call me on my direct line on 0117 963 0683. Come and meet me whenever you like or get together with some mates and I'll meet you at the venue of your choice. I do my best to get out and meet fans whenever possible. Let me know - specifically - what else you think I should be doing and I promise I will listen and take your ideas on board wherever possible.

Thank you Dave, we are lucky to have you.

You were in Bottom and the Young Ones? How awesome is that!

Have a good weekend.

p.s. Loved Maid Marian when i was growing up....

Graeme.jpg

German clubs are supporter owned. Cheap tickets, terraces - standing areas - great fans - lots of colour. Highest attendances in the world.

Very few of them.

And cheap tickets compared to England, yes.

But if you are following a club for a couple of years, you know ticket became horrendous expensive.

Plus all the hassle one has nowadays being a football supporter.

Archived