IGNORED

I Hate To Say It

Welcome To The Jungle

Not good enough for City then. Not good enough for City now.

The problem is, people think the premier league is better than it actually is.

It's all hype to sell Sky packages. I go to about 10 premier league games a season and trust me, it ain't much better than the standard on show at Ashton Gate.

But people will flame me and say i'm a troll because nothing must unseat the holy premier league. It's like a religious cult to some people. Truth is, it's alright but mostly hype.

Yeah good striker dedpite his past. Much rather see a player like him who has scored at every level pull on on an Engjand shirt than sone one like Danny Welbeck who gets in for scoring tap ins for MU

Wrong on many accounts. Lambert hasn't scored at every level (no goals in Europe or at international level) and to suggest Welbeck only scores tap ins shows you know little about the player.

It's all hype to sell Sky packages. I go to about 10 premier league games a season and trust me, it ain't much better than the standard on show at Ashton Gate.

But people will flame me and say i'm a troll because nothing must unseat the holy premier league. It's like a religious cult to some people. Truth is, it's alright but mostly hype.

I have to disagree fella. I also have watched many top flight games and the Championship is nowhere near the standard of the top end of the Prem. Utd, Arsenal, Citeh or Chelski would wipe the floor with any team in our league. How you could say that is just crazy.

Wrong on many accounts. Lambert hasn't scored at every level (no goals in Europe or at international level) and to suggest Welbeck only scores tap ins shows you know little about the player.

I was referring to the football league but get your point. I was trying to make the point that in my opinion English strikers that score a lot of goals outside of the holy grail of the top 4-6 prem teams they ain't got a hope in hell of getting a chance.

I don't think Wellbeck would score many if he didn't play for MU and he's not exactly prolific right now. I'm not picking on him in particular I just think he is a decent example.

Lambert will score more this season that Wellbeck and Sturridge put together but won't play for England. I personally think that's a shame.

I was referring to the football league but get your point. I was trying to make the point that in my opinion English strikers that score a lot of goals outside of the holy grail of the top 4-6 prem teams they ain't got a hope in hell of getting a chance.

I don't think Wellbeck would score many if he didn't play for MU and he's not exactly prolific right now. I'm not picking on him in particular I just think he is a decent example.

Lambert will score more this season that Wellbeck and Sturridge put together but won't play for England. I personally think that's a shame.

Wrong again, hodgeson does look at the "lesser" teams. Lalana was called up last week

:facepalm: I was one of the cynics who thought he wouldn't cut it in the Championship at the beginning of last season but it's utterly stupid to ignore all evidence. Not only was he the Championship top scorer (having been the League One top scorer the year before too) but he scored more goals last season (27) than the top scorers of any season since at least 2003-2004 (couldn't be bothered to check back further).

Don't get me wrong - I'm now dead happy with our strikeforce and think it's probably the strongest part of our team. But Lambert would walk right into our starting line-up without question.

Fool.

Hes leagues ahead of carroll aswell

Yeah good striker dedpite his past. Much rather see a player like him who has scored at every level pull on on an Engjand shirt than sone one like Danny Welbeck who gets in for scoring tap ins for MU

I remember the clamour for Steve Bull to be given an England start when he was scoring goals for fun for Wolves………………he got found out at international level….and so would Lambert, quality international defenders would expose him as the one dimensional striker he is……..he will never play for England

Are you Gas? Because you sound like you are.

Incredible that some fans remain so resistant to the bleeding obvious, so blinkered, that they're prepared to ignore all the evidence & accuse others of having a bias.

The purpose of a forum is to compare views, but I must admit I can only respect those that show some signs of objectivity. I support my team but that doesn't make me twist the truth about others or hate them or their fans.

Anyone whose English and plays in the £££££ league has an England chance nowadays.

This is true. Why wasn't Adam Lallana called up before Southampton went into the Premiershit? I'm not debating whether he's good enough for the England team but he either is or he isn't regardless of whether he's playing in the PL, or League 2.

The glitz and money in the Premier League is not something I'm a fan of at all, Richard Scudamore has a lot to answer for. But to say that the football on show at AG is anything like the stuff you're seeing at the Emirates, Etihad, White Hart Lane (last season at least)... It's just not true.

I'm surprised there are still posters on here who take snarf seriously ! Anyway , Rickie Lambert , good goalscorer of that there can be no doubt. He also has a lot more to his game than goals , holds the ball up well , can pick a pass or cross and takes good penalties and free kicks.

Is he good enough to play for England ? Not in my opinion but , if Kevin Davies can play for England and with all the clamour for Grant Holt last year , anything is possible.

Archived