IGNORED

I Hate To Say It

Welcome To The Jungle

With strikers its all about scoring goals...obviously...and Lambert does that at all levels...If he continues to score for Southampton he will be picked for England without a doubt..it will be difficult for Hodgson to ignore him....

Many of the top strikers in the past have not been particularly skilfull players but they have had the uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time and put the ball away...

Greaves, Rush, Hurst, Cole, Cottee, Bull, Richards immediately come to mind

With strikers its all about scoring goals...obviously...and Lambert does that at all levels...If he continues to score for Southampton he will be picked for England without a doubt..it will be difficult for Hodgson to ignore him....

Many of the top strikers in the past have not been particularly skilfull players but they have had the uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time and put the ball away...

Greaves, Rush, Hurst, Cole, Cottee, Bull, Richards immediately come to mind

If you saw MotD last night you'll know that they showed that Lambert has more to his game than scoring goals. He was involved in all four that Southampton scored. He scored two, one a penalty which he had played the ball though for the trip that led to the spot kick and laid on both passes for the other two goals.

It was a very impressive display of his all round game.

Has the third highest goals/shots ratio of the 10 players with 3 goals or more. Better than Defoe (by a landslide), Van Persie or Tevez. Scored against Kompany and Lescott and another versus Vidic and Ferdinand.

My arse is he not good enough for Bristol City.

I was referring to the football league but get your point. I was trying to make the point that in my opinion English strikers that score a lot of goals outside of the holy grail of the top 4-6 prem teams they ain't got a hope in hell of getting a chance.

I don't think Wellbeck would score many if he didn't play for MU and he's not exactly prolific right now. I'm not picking on him in particular I just think he is a decent example.

Lambert will score more this season that Wellbeck and Sturridge put together but won't play for England. I personally think that's a shame.

Cant disagree with you there pal.

I noticed that as well Jordan,plastic Manc it seems.

I was just pointing out Welbeck scores more than just tap ins. Take Everton, Man City last season and even on his debut a few years back. All great strikes. I watch a lot of football and dislike Liverpool for various reasons but if that in your opinion makes me a plastic Manc, then so be it. I support my local team. I live in BS3.

I was just pointing out Welbeck scores more than just tap ins. Take Everton, Man City last season and even on his debut a few years back. All great strikes. I watch a lot of football and dislike Liverpool for various reasons but if that in your opinion makes me a plastic Manc, then so be it. I support my local team. I live in BS3.

Ahh, so it it is your dislike of Liverpool and not the Hillsborough independent report that you didnt want to believe!

The truth coming out,was what you didn't like.

Ahh, so it it is your dislike of Liverpool and not the Hillsborough independent report that you didnt want to believe!

The truth coming out,was what you didn't like.

Im happy for the families sakes that they now have some kind of justice. I wish them all the best because it's much more than anything to do with football.

Yeah good striker dedpite his past. Much rather see a player like him who has scored at every level pull on on an Engjand shirt than sone one like Danny Welbeck who gets in for scoring tap ins for MU

+1 He should so get a cap or 2 for England IMHO. But he wont because he don't play for "A big Side"

To be fair, the Gash have had some terrific strikers down the years, Lambert may just be the best of the lot. He's in one of my dream teams, pretty much guaranteed a game and the bloke scores goals. Fair shout to the bloke, was a big move when her went to Southampton, and it couldn't have turned out any better for him. Same with Holt last season, a lot of hard graft, and a bit of good luck, anything is possible

To be fair, the Gash have had some terrific strikers down the years, Lambert may just be the best of the lot. He's in one of my dream teams, pretty much guaranteed a game and the bloke scores goals. Fair shout to the bloke, was a big move when her went to Southampton, and it couldn't have turned out any better for him. Same with Holt last season, a lot of hard graft, and a bit of good luck, anything is possible

He must of worked his balls off that's for sure as I swear he's lost about three stone since he left the gas. A very good player and has scored some terrific goals in his time.

Not good enough for City then. Not good enough for City now.

The problem is, people think the premier league is better than it actually is.

It's all hype to sell Sky packages. I go to about 10 premier league games a season and trust me, it ain't much better than the standard on show at Ashton Gate.

But people will flame me and say i'm a troll because nothing must unseat the holy premier league. It's like a religious cult to some people. Truth is, it's alright but mostly hype.

I have never read such a load of b-------s in my life.

Not good enough for City then. Not good enough for City now.

The problem is, people think the premier league is better than it actually is.

It's all hype to sell Sky packages. I go to about 10 premier league games a season and trust me, it ain't much better than the standard on show at Ashton Gate.

But people will flame me and say i'm a troll because nothing must unseat the holy premier league. It's like a religious cult to some people. Truth is, it's alright but mostly hype.

Yeah alright mate, it's just hype. Shall I reel off a list of 50 best premier league players against 50 best championship players..? Nah.

And as for trusting you - I'll never take a word you say seriously ever again after that post.

Archived