IGNORED

My Take On The Game

petehinton

My first game of the season so was eager to see if the comments made up until now were accurate etc. I'm normally a big Fontaine fan and last year i thought he was great for the majority - but he was poor today. Didn't see a lot in Wilson either - both hoofed the ball at every opportunity, Wilson was clumsy and Fontaine seemed to misjudge a lot. Thought Bryan was superb, maybe more of a LM than a LB as his attacking play was great (taking it past that RM for the cross and goal was what we've needed someone to do for a while). Heaton - great shot stopper, but woeful kicking, which seems to be the story of our past GK, but can see him as our no 1 for a while. Foster - same old, seemed to offer a bit more support to albert though. Albert - still a star, footwork superb, but crossing still lacking. Baldock may not have been suited to Watford's hard hitting CB today, even more so when Fitz Hall came on (how big is he!!?) hard to judge Davies as he wasn't involved a lot when he came on (bar the goal!) - Taylor seems a lot better than i remember from the few games last year, stronger in the air, more confident etc. Kilkenny for me changed the game, got hold of the ball and actually seemed comfortable.

CB badly needed - but the green shoots are definitely there for the season ahead.

Archived