IGNORED

David James - Bournemouth

City Loyal

DJ throughout his career has been error prone, just happened to get more frequent with age, especially at BCFC.

I realy do not get this DJ love in, he was pants for us. Comape DJ with Heaton this year, I think

the more rational on this forum will conceed there is just no comparison. Comments like great ambassador

and raised our profile are a complete joke. If ambassadoor and raising our profile is the criteria for playing

in goal for BCFC then Coffe Anna should get a shot. Bad signing. God help Bournemouth, they will need it

with DJ between the posts.

DJ throughout his career has been error prone, just happened to get more frequent with age, especially at BCFC.

I realy do not get this DJ love in, he was pants for us. Comape DJ with Heaton this year, I think

the more rational on this forum will conceed there is just no comparison. Comments like great ambassador

and raised our profile are a complete joke. If ambassadoor and raising our profile is the criteria for playing

in goal for BCFC then Coffe Anna should get a shot. Bad signing. God help Bournemouth, they will need it

with DJ between the posts.

Agree, one of the worst keepers since I have been watching. In terms of wage... the very worst.

Never known such an experienced keeper knock the ball back into the 6 yard box as much as him. Basic keeping dictates that is the last thing you do. James on the other hand, seemed to do it more often than not.

Nice bloke though.

Jamo was good for us up until the Watford game, his performance that night was so shocking I'm surprised he's been given a chance in league football.

Actually his performances fluctuated between the relatively OK and diabolical. I don't think he ever performed better for us than Gerks did - on 1/5th of his money!

It wasn't so much his standard that turned me against the guy, it was the fact he clearly, as do some blind-as-a-bat fans here, thought he was "international class". He wasn't. He was barely Championship class.

The fact that he was our biggest earner just made me seethe.

Sorry -nice chap -but very poor for us as a keeper. Never filled me me with any confidence whatsoever. could pull off a remarkable save but just as likely to punch it into his own net!

Can understand why we signed him, but turned out to be shocking waste of money! IMO!

Not really just as likely though, was he? punched the ball into his own net, what, once? Compared to how many great saves? I agree that his time with us had come to an end, but to say he was poor and then follow up with the highlighted text is, in my opinion, very harsh.

Was a poor signing in my opinion, the money spent on his wages could have been spent in other positions ie playmaking midfielder.

For a keeper with a large number of england caps never appeared to command his area, come for crosses and distribution was questionable.

Should never have got an extension to his contract, the defence had no confidence in him towards the end.

Did make some world class saves but also some right clangers, overall poor business.

What used to annoy me was he would make a mistake and then try and bollock everybody else.

Archived