IGNORED

John Terry

Uncle Albert

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, can't find one at a quick glance.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8114114/Chelsea-captain-John-Terry-has-been-banned-for-four-games-and-fined-220-000 Banned for four matches and fined £220,000.

On a side note, whilst I fully condemn what John Terry allegedly did, the FA are an absolute disgrace. How can they ban him for half the amount of games that Suarez was banned for yet fine his five and a half times as much for, and I quote, "exactly the same offence".

I don't understand though; he has cleared his name in the eyes of the court, how can the FA charge him for something he has been cleared for?

Anyway, sign him up Del boy!

Wrongly or rightly, The FA work on the "balance of probabilities" whereas the criminal justice system works on the basis of "beyond reasonable doubt".

Apparently the charge that Terry was cleared of in court is not the same charge that he's been convicted of by the FA. According to David Davies ( ex FA executive ) there are 'subtle differences' between the two charges.

What those 'subtle differences' are is confidential. It would be wouldn't it?

Apparently the charge that Terry was cleared of in court is not the same charge that he's been convicted of by the FA. According to David Davies ( ex FA executive ) there are 'subtle differences' between the two charges.

What those 'subtle differences' are is confidential. It would be wouldn't it?

Guilty of not wearing a blazer with brass buttons at the last FA dinner.

Although I don't particularly like John Terry I do feel he's a marked man by the F.A. certainly since the allegations regarding him and a team mate ex. Whilst I could never condone racism in any way I do feel there is two sides to this story and an awful amount of guess work on the part of the F.A. Perhaps we should wire the players up in future so we can disect their every comment amidst the heat of a game. Lets hope this is the end of the affair re JT but perhaps the F.A. should sit down and agree on a standard punishment for this and other issues in the game thereby creating some consistancy.

he got charged for bringing the game in to disrepute a different charge (on paper) to the racisum charge he was found innocent for,

Doesn't bother me I can't stand him or Suarez ones a thug and the other is a cheat and a diver

Oh grow up.

Terry was charged by the FA for bringing the game into disrepute which is different to the Racial Abuse charge he faced in the courts. That said it was racial abuse that the FA said was 'bringing the game in to disrepute'. Banned for 4 games and fined two weeks wages pending appeal.

Like him or not it looks very like a witch hunt to me.

The FA shouldn't be getting involved it has nothing to do with them as hes already been proven innocent... thing whole this has turned into a joke and i feel sorry for Terry tbh, no wonder the poor bloke packed in international football!

I think they had no choice but to get involved because it happened on a football field.

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, can't find one at a quick glance.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8114114/Chelsea-captain-John-Terry-has-been-banned-for-four-games-and-fined-220-000 Banned for four matches and fined £220,000.

On a side note, whilst I fully condemn what John Terry allegedly did, the FA are an absolute disgrace. How can they ban him for half the amount of games that Suarez was banned for yet fine his five and a half times as much for, and I quote, "exactly the same offence".

The ban should be the same. Isn't the fine x number of weeks wages? So the figure fined will be nowhere near the same!

All a bit of a mystery. Who knows how the suits decide things at the FA, I'm long past trying to understand it.

The ban should be the same. Isn't the fine x number of weeks wages? So the figure fined will be nowhere near the same!

All a bit of a mystery. Who knows how the suits decide things at the FA, I'm long past trying to understand it.

Suarez was fined £40,000 and I can't for one minute see he is on either £20,000 or £40,000 per week. Ahhh dear, the FA need to get a grip.

Archived