IGNORED

Keep An Eye On The Dug Outs Tomorrow.

NATCHER

I think this will be the first meeting of McInnes and Warnock since the infamous 'Battle of Bramell Lane'.

Check out the footage to see McInnes hit a screamer, get hit by a cheap shot and show great sportmanship under what must've been great pressure.

I wonder if all is forgiven......................

I think this will be the first meeting of McInnes and Warnock since the infamous 'Battle of Bramell Lane'.

Check out the footage to see McInnes hit a screamer, get hit by a cheap shot and show great sportmanship under what must've been great pressure.

I wonder if all is forgiven......................

Have a listen to my podcast from the summer with Derek McInnes - listen from 25.30 - he talks about this at length!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2771772,00.html

Michael Brown will be playing for Leeds too.

That Santos tackle really is a shocker.

He does this quite regularly, there was a terrible one in the week against Everton that he escaped with a yellow for.

No wonder Warnock keeps signing him.

And people on this forum stick up for colin,oh he's a character,he's a ****** end of.

:clapping: totally correct.

Since when has encouraging your team to cheat like **** whilst bemoaning every other side's legitamate breaks made you "a character".

He's a squat, ugly, whinging, self-pitying, conniving, over-rated Yorkshire arseh0le.

If you met someone like that down your local boozer, you'd **** him - and everyone would applaud.

I hate the c***.

:clapping: totally correct.

Since when has encouraging your team to cheat

like **** whilst bemoaning every other side's

legitamate breaks made you "a character".

He's a squat, ugly, whinging, self-pitying, conniving, over-rated Yorkshire arseh0le.

If you met someone like that down your local

boozer, you'd **** him - and everyone would

applaud.

I hate the c***.

Ah I see the 'boozer' mentality rears it's head again....

Absurd argument - countering aggression with aggression - don't you just love pub tradition?

Nasty violent unprofessional play is not isolated to Warnock - most football managers send out teams which include players whose remit / intent is to stop the opposing team playing / winning at any cost - Fergie / Keane a prime example....

Sadly this approach does achieve results - look at Warnock's record. I also feel Del has this in his DNA - a no nonsense desire to win / succeed - hence our results / play this season ( though I haven't yet witnessed any over the top play from our players - in fact the opposite could be said)

Nasty violent unprofessional play is not isolated to Warnock - most football managers send out teams which include players whose remit / intent is to stop the opposing team playing / winning at any cost - Fergie / Keane a prime example....

Sadly this approach does achieve results - look at Warnock's record. I also feel Del has this in his DNA - a no nonsense desire to win / succeed - hence our results / play this season ( though I haven't yet witnessed any over the top play from our players - in fact the opposite could be said)

Look back to Don Revie and ''Dirty Leeds'' and you'll see that having at least one thug in your team does help get results. Revie had several, Giles, Bremner, Madely and of course Hunter. Probably the dirtiest team in the history of English top-flight football.

As you say Ferguson had Roy Keane and before him Liverpool had Souness. Arsenal's invincibles had Vieira.

In some ways I miss those over the top tackles and crunching collisions. It was always a thrill to see the opposition hard man or nifty striker get whacked. It certainly got the crowd going. That said its right that players can't get away with it these days and Shelvey getting sent off for Liverpool against Man Utd last weekend highlights that - even though both he and Evans were both over the top.

Ah I see the 'boozer' mentality rears it's head again....

Absurd argument - countering aggression with aggression - don't you just love pub tradition?

*Sigh* I forgot we had Damian the Social Worker on here.

Can I suggest you restrict yourself to forums on flower-pressing and Hello Kitty collection.

Your limp-wristed responses every time anyone expresses a strong opinion on anything are rather tiresome.

I don't dislike Warnock because he has thugs in his team. I dislike him because he's a whining, arrogant hypocrite.

Can I suggest you restrict yourself to forums on flower-pressing and Hello Kitty collection.

Your limp-wristed responses every time anyone expresses a strong opinion on anything are rather tiresome.

I don't dislike Warnock because he has thugs in his team. I dislike him because he's a whining, arrogant hypocrite.

Brilliant ! Jervais The Hairdressers mate !!!

Amen to that Robbo...( be careful when using the term "limp wristed" aparently it is judging someones masculinity ) forum police will have you !

Look back to Don Revie and ''Dirty Leeds'' and you'll see that having at least one thug in your team does help get results. Revie had several,

Giles, Bremner, Madely and of course Hunter.

Probably the dirtiest team in the history of

English top-flight football.

As you say Ferguson had Roy Keane and before

him Liverpool had Souness. Arsenal's

invincibles had Vieira.

In some ways I miss those over the top tackles

and crunching collisions. It was always a thrill to

see the opposition hard man or nifty striker get whacked. It certainly got the crowd going. That

said its right that players can't get away with it

these days and Shelvey getting sent off for

Liverpool against Man Utd last weekend

highlights that - even though both he and Evans

were both over the top.

It certainly gets you thinking about George Best's

playing career - he was imperious in those bone-crunching tackle days.... He would be having a field day in EVERY match, if around now.....

Shame about his addiction to booze....

It certainly gets you thinking about George Best's

playing career - he was imperious in those bone-crunching tackle days.... He would be having a field day in EVERY match, if around

now.....

Shame about his addiction to booze....

Revie was a great manager - and the Leeds United team with the players you cite was also a great team.... ....full to the brim with talented skilfull players. But again - Revie was another who believed in winning at all costs....

I remember reading the Leeds midfield at one point consisted entirely of captains of their home nations - Bremner (Scotland) Giles (Republic of Ireland) Yorath (Wales)

Brilliant ! Jervais The Hairdressers mate !!!

Limp-wristed? Hairdresser? Do I detect elements of homophobia?

I'm all for strong opinion - there are many fellow posters who make such posts on a regular basis - making for an intelligent, reasoned, informed debate. Which makes the 'boozer' thug responses all the more outdated and embarrassing - as in the clueless argument of berating Warnock for violent aggressive nasty behaviour / management - and then condoning hitting him in front of thug mates in order to prove your point.

As in the hooligan thread - it does make one question the emotional / mental state of some of the posters....

You clearly have a lasting problem with pubs Redeye, just because you are your mates got a bit scared once in the Old Crow.

You shouldn't stereotype this great British institution though. I've never encountered any trouble in a 'boozer' - largely because I conduct myself in a proper manner and don't go looking for aggravation.

The point I was making about Warnock, which you obviously missed, is that he is the sort of abrasive, big-headed loudmouth who would very likely encounter a fist if he ventured into the real world with the sort of attitude he displays in his interviews.

I was not suggesting anyone actually hits the retired grocer. He's 64, you know.

Limp-wristed? Hairdresser? Do I detect elements of homophobia?

I'm all for strong opinion - there are many fellow posters who make such posts on a regular basis - making for an intelligent, reasoned, informed debate. Which makes the 'boozer' thug responses all the more outdated and embarrassing - as in the clueless argument of berating Warnock for violent aggressive nasty behaviour / management - and then condoning hitting him in front of thug mates in order to prove your point.

As in the hooligan thread - it does make one question the emotional / mental state of some of the posters....

Not at all , Damian the Social worker and Jervais The Hairdresser are characters from The Steve Wright Show. But don't let that get in the way of yur paranoid delusions

Archived