IGNORED

Match Thread V Leeds

South Bristol Red

It seems to me that Del was doing all he could to correct the defensive problem, hardly his fault that Big George

breaks his leg on his début. Two forced substitutions in the first half obviously messed up our tactical plan bigtime.

Sorry mate we cannot wait much longer for a new centre back and we certainly cannot wait indefinitely for a guy who may or may not even want to come here.

It seems to me that Del was doing all he could to correct the defensive problem, hardly his fault that Big George

breaks his leg on his début. Two forced substitutions in the first half obviously messed up our tactical plan bigtime.

May well be, but still no cb signed and Fontaine once again messes up. Goals being let in like a drain and still don't sign one.

Rotten luck really with Elokobi injury; we often have rotten luck with loan signings.

You just get that nagging feeling that this is all of our own making by not doing what we have all been saying, almost without exception, and that is to PROPERLY strengthen at the back. I am assuming it is not without trying by Del and Co but the nagging feeling is still there.

I'm sure they've looked for that right player but when you have over two million worth of striker who you signed but aren't playing, and the wages for Morris and Anderson who you also aren't playing it's hard to imagine that in 6 months you couldn't find one better centre back.

BCFC are a work in progress and if we survive and move on a bit we'll no doubt go for the centre midfield and defenders we need.

I gave Millen a tonne of stick for signing players and not playing them when there were other obvious needs...we're way too early in the season to jump on Derek but it's a fair criticism so far. There are signs of progress but we're impatient. And A smiling Colin amplifies that.

May well be, but still no cb signed and Fontaine once again messes up. Goals being let in like a drain and still don't sign one.

Don't sign or can't sign ?

I agree the problem is not a new one and should have been dealt with at the beginning of the season, but it ain't always that simple.

Dang it, we did fight till the end, something that would never have done last season.Need to do whatever it takes to sort out our weak defense. Injuries really hurt us today

That is very true and a welcome change to our past 3/4 seasons, but it cannot be allowed to go on much longer, it really can't. Perhaps it's time to identify the next target.

That is very true and a welcome change to our past 3/4 seasons, but it cannot be allowed to go on much longer, it really can't. Perhaps it's time to identify the next target.

It's very clear that the rest of the team has what it takes to make a challenge for the playoffs this season, The board surely must see this too and agreed throwing money as a solution isn't always the best route to take but maybe this is an exception to the rule. Just imagine the freedom our midfield and strikers would play with knowing that we had a solid back line.

Del must realise the problem, inshallah we get the CB we need and another replacement for Fontaine/CareyNyatanga..those three are a liability. But if they wont come, sadly Del cant make em...

The problem DMC has said he knows who wants and is playing a waiting game, how much longer is he prepared to wait for a player who may never come.

The problem DMC has said he knows who wants and is playing a waiting game, how much longer is he prepared to wait for a player who may never come.

So I just heard on Radio Brizz.. Mr Monk. hmmmmmm, we could be deep in the shyte by that time, cos it dont look like we can keep a clean sheet, and the goals have temporarily dried up from the strikers...My first game back, the Hull one will be really interesting...and Im actually looking forward to see how they have progressed since I saw em last...

So I just heard on Radio Brizz.. Mr Monk. hmmmmmm, we could be deep in the shyte by that time, cos it dont look like we can keep a clean sheet, and the goals have temporarily dried up from the strikers...My first game back, the Hull one will be really interesting...and Im actually looking forward to see how they have progressed since I saw em last...

Not a single clean sheet including Gillingham.

Archived