IGNORED

Anderson

Bobby kellard hero

Simply not good enough / we have players in the squad that can do a better job. Easy as that really.

You mean Baldock and Davies are better strikers than Pitman?

They may well be - and no doubt, being Del's signings, they'll get ample opportunity to prove it.

However neither have ever scored 13 Championship goals in a season like Pitman did the season before last.

Davies' best ever tally was 12 last season, Baldock has never scored more than 14 and that was lower league with MK Dons.

Pitman is a proven Championship striker. Baldock looks as though he will be a high scorer for City but we won't know his true calibre until he plays a full season at this level and we see exactly how many goals he can score,

So easy to flippantly say 'Pitman is not good enough', the facts do not support your comment at all.

Pitman will score goals given the chances but he doesn't have the work rate or the willingness to get into goalscoring positions often enough. Woolford has been very good this season, even when not scoring he looks dangerous and creates.

Baldock should play alongside a mixture of the other 3 in my opinion he is a natural goalscorer.

Pitman will score goals given the chances but he doesn't have the work rate or the willingness to get into goalscoring positions often enough.

I can't agree with that last point. Getting into goalscoring positions is exactly how he manages to notch up his scoresheet. He's not a surging run, push defenders aside, sort of striker, he's a poacher.

I did think on Saturday, he may well have popped one in from the far post on a few of our set pieces.

:city: Anderson has looked good when given a chance particularly against Forest,but it seems that Del prefers Woolly who has done well, but what about a back up ?

He does say that the whole squad will be used throughout the season but we would like to see more of players like Anderson. :doh:

Archived