IGNORED

Worst Injuries Seen Down The Gate?

CiderArmyy

Going way back (around 1968?), Gerry Sharpe broke his leg in a tackle at AG with Eric McMordie of Middlesbrough. Sickening but the injuries to Dani and George appeared worse because of the dislocation. All of the incidents were horrific.

That was 1970, right in front of me, totally horrible, bone sticking through his sock and into the ground, blood everywhere (similar to David Boost)

Apparantly some Boro players called for Mcmordie to be sent off and shunned him in the players bar after !

Saw Scott Brown and Dani Rodriguez.

Yesterday, I hadn't realised what was wrong with George (I thought it was his hamstring because of the way he was holding his leg), until my brother started shouting, "Don't look at his foot! Don't look at his foot!"

Of course, at that point I looked at his foot...

brentford at home

didn't a brentford player fracture his neck and there was 23 minutes of time added on in the first half

2001 iirc

Yes i remember this it was a League Cup game 1st Leg, it was Lloyd Owusa he dislocated his shoulder i think it was a hard takle by Gerard Lavin by the Williams / Atyeo Stand the Ambulance drove right to the edge of the pitch, and the Paramedics worked so hard to get him into the Ambulance without doing any more damage, the game finished at 10 o'clock that night !!!

Scott brown whilst playing for cheltenham Damien Spencer kicked through the back of his leg

Was sat near the front in Williams that evening, can still remember the noise of the crack to this day :(

Yesterday from the EE, you knew George's injury was bad because I've never seen fans frantically waving for the medics to hurry up and get to him like that before.

I was probably around 9 years old when I saw the injury to Dani Rodrigues from the bottom of the Dolman. That image has stuck with me forever... the ankle was pointing 90 degrees away, pretty much the same as Elokobi's/

That was an awful sight from the other end of the ground you could see Rodriguez ankle at 90 Degrees but he didn't appear to be able to move his leg, Ambulance came right accross the pitch for him.

He did however come back for Bournemouth a couple of years later and was banging the goals in (at the same level)

Someone mentioned this to me yesterday, i remember it also we could hear his leg break from the back of the Atyeo, it was horrific

I remember my Dad coming back from that game and telling em about this one, he said it sounded like a couple of shin pads snapping, ever since then, whenever I hear a collision of shin pads the sound worries me

Archived