IGNORED

Monk, Ward And Mcmanus

westonred

If M Wilson isn't fit then we have few options. Foster looks a bit more solid at RB this season so how about Foster, Carey, J Wilson and either Fonts or Clanga at LB?

I still think Louis is our best available defender and I reckon JW would benefit playing alongside him rather than alongside Fonts. It's a toss up for LB, but I would probably keep Fonts on the pitch and put him there.

If Marv isn't fit that still leaves the midfield looking lightweight though, as Killa is not strong/tenacious/quick enough IMO.

If "Killa" (the least appropriate nickname ever) is playing then we cannot play 2 up top. He can only be facilitated in a 4-5-1. A formation we shouldn't be playing.

If M Wilson isn't fit then we have few options. Foster looks a bit more solid at RB this season so how about Foster, Carey, J Wilson and either Fonts or Clanga at LB?

I still think Louis is our best available defender and I reckon JW would benefit playing alongside him rather than alongside Fonts. It's a toss up for LB, but I would probably keep Fonts on the pitch and put him there.

If Marv isn't fit that still leaves the midfield looking lightweight though, as Killa is not strong/tenacious/quick enough IMO.

I can't see Del playing Fonts at left back. If he has a shocker there his confidence will be shot. He needs to be taken out for a game or so.

If M Wilson isn't fit then Nyatanga must be considered, and I never thought I would be saying that as he's league one at best. But needs must I think, and I don't think he could do any worse than Fonts at present.

I do agree Fontaine does need to be rested to get back up to speed but yet I don't fancy seeing Nytanga/foster at left back . Seeing as it's Millwall at a push we may get away with putting wooly at left back and maybe putting Davies or Anderson on the left.

I'm not for putting players in the wrong positions mind you though.

Think it's a lot more than just the centre backs causing our problems, once George went off we had Foster/ Bryan/ Carey, none of whom are particularly brillliant full backs, you have Albert and Woolford wide who are not particularly strong tracking back, and the midfield of Pearson and Kilkenny offered little protection, with Austin looking dominant for Leeds. We're badly missing Skuse covering in front of the back 4.

Think it's a lot more than just the centre backs causing our problems, once George went off we had Foster/ Bryan/ Carey, none of whom are particularly brillliant full backs, you have Albert and Woolford wide who are not particularly strong tracking back, and the midfield of Pearson and Kilkenny offered little protection, with Austin looking dominant for Leeds. We're badly missing Skuse covering in front of the back 4.

Completely agree with this chappers we are badly missing skuse tackling and his drives forward , though to be fair to elliot he wasn't doing a bad job filling in . Guessing no news on Skuse means he's still out ?

I also think we are missing Cunningham just as much as his drives forwards gave wooly space to move into and Cunningham is a pretty creative LB.

Archived