IGNORED

Can We Just Have One Decent Season?!

One BCFC

'Last night we had to work hard to produce a point against a poor Millwall side because we had a pretty makeshift combination of players in defence and midfield. If our form players had come good in front of goal we would have got 3, but you get games like that. Unfortunately, the way injuries have occured we may have a period where we have to scrap and scrape for points until players are back to fitness, in particular Cunningham who makes such a difference to our shape and ability to vary our play'

Almost totally agree - but could very easily have won yesterday. Then the same idiots who are saying we a rubbish, would be saying we are going to get promoted. No balance win, lose or draw.

You're right, it's a disgrace, this football club is awful, if they don't win the world cup before Christmas I'm off to support Man City.

I'm not saying we should win every week, but Millwall at home is a game we shouldn't be struggling to even get a draw. Mid table is a good season considering last seasons finish, I'm happy with that.

it is very surprising to me, how many people think that mid-table mediocrity is ok when you're losing over 12m per season. i think people are underestimating how large those losses are. it may be ok to take a small loss if you say you are investing for promotion, but it is absolutely not acceptable to be struggling to draw millwall, lose to gillingham etc, while losing those kinds of sums.

of course city have no divine right to a good season, and mid table is probably about right for the size of the club, but it is far, far too low for the amount of money being spent on the squad.

'it is very surprising to me, how many people think that mid-table mediocrity is ok when you're losing over 12m per season.'

So the fact that the club is losing money means we should be top of the table? Dont see what your point is. We nearly got relegated last season. I would love some glory, but its more important that we consolidate and dont drop into that mire of a division again. 7 seasons it took us to get out. Do you fancy that? I cant imagine how negative the posts would be if we were down there. Given that manty are moaning after what was a slightly poor performance.

it is very surprising to me, how many people think that mid-table mediocrity is ok when you're losing over 12m per season. i think people are underestimating how large those losses are. it may be ok to take a small loss if you say you are investing for promotion, but it is absolutely not acceptable to be struggling to draw millwall, lose to gillingham etc, while losing those kinds of sums.

of course city have no divine right to a good season, and mid table is probably about right for the size of the club, but it is far, far too low for the amount of money being spent on the squad.

Not all of that £12m is from personnel though, granted £3m more and we could bring in a £1.75m centre back on just under £25k a week wages. What's an increase of 25% on our losses?

My only issue is that we don't sell, we aren't a 'selling club' so we're not used to seeing our big players go. This is fuelled by a feeling around the club though, we get sentimentally attached to players, the stalwarts. (Fontaine, Skuse, Elliott, Maynard, all rumoured [city] to have reject bids for).

I think the club would be doing wrong if we let players go at their peak in alot of peoples eyes but things will change with FFP

But don't think it's all about what we spend

'it is very surprising to me, how many people think that mid-table mediocrity is ok when you're losing over 12m per season.'

So the fact that the club is losing money means we should be top of the table? Dont see what your point is. We nearly got relegated last season. I would love some glory, but its more important that we consolidate and dont drop into that mire of a division again. 7 seasons it took us to get out. Do you fancy that? I cant imagine how negative the posts would be if we were down there. Given that manty are moaning after what was a slightly poor performance.

thanks for only reading the first sentence of my post, apparently...

what i "fancy" is not a return to league one, but a situation where we could be competitive in this league (not necessarily top 6) with a sensible budget, like blackpool and swansea did. if you are going to spend big, then you have to accept that the expectations will rise accordingly. thats simple economics. the more you spend, the more you are expected to get back.

i think this league position, for a club of our size, would be absolutely fine if we were running a sensible wage budget, bringing through young players, and actually selling some players instead of paying up everyones contract all the time

Archived