IGNORED

Pearson's Dip In Form...? Can Relate To This

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

From reading that...it seems the distance between them didn't help.

What do you do as a manager...rest the bloke or keep playing him?

Hard call...

Obviously Del thinks it's not effecting his job as a pro player...?????

It effects anyone, and if Pearson says it is not effecting him he is kidding himself. And if Del believes it is not effecting him, he is also kidding himself.

I'm not saying he would have pur in better or worse performances if this wasn't happening, but one thing is for certain, as much as you believe getting on with the job takes your mind off things, it doesn't. It's always there.

I feel sorry for the bloke. I think he has made a stupid life choice joining us. Miles away from his wife on a 1 year contract, when he should have gone back to Scotland and sorted out what matters in life, not bloody football for Bristol city.

It effects anyone, and if Pearson says it is not effecting him he is kidding himself. And if Del believes it is not effecting him, he is also kidding himself.

I'm not saying he would have pur in better or worse performances if this wasn't happening, but one thing is for certain, as much as you believe getting on with the job takes your mind off things, it doesn't. It's always there.

I feel sorry for the bloke. I think he has made a stupid life choice joining us. Miles away from his wife on a 1 year contract, when he should have gone back to Scotland and sorted out what matters in life, not bloody football for Bristol city.

I feel for the bloke and your last comment is correct. I made a similar choice once with the same outcome...its horrible, especially when you want to do the best thing for your career.

In terms of on the pitch, it seems this probably is the cause.

Unlike Wooly, who I think the absence of Greg has lead to his poor form of late.

For all the bad press a lot of players get, many are genuine in their love of the game and family values.

I'm with TRL, it must affect him as the story is about true feelings.

Whether your a Pro footballer or someone like us who work 9-5, it can have a great effect on how you do your work.

Some cope better, others don't and my feelings go out to the guy.

And this is why it takes a good manager to notice whether personal things are effecting a players performance.

The likes of John Terry, Ashley Cole and Ryan Giggs come to mind.

Footballers are like anyone of us...outside of their job...anthing could be going on that will effect their professional performance.

Something that we all need to acknowledge when openly crucifying a players performance...we just don't know.

And this is why it takes a good manager to notice whether personal things are effecting a players performance.

The likes of John Terry, Ashley Cole and Ryan Giggs come to mind.

Footballers are like anyone of us...outside of their job...anthing could be going on that will effect their professional performance.

Something that we all need to acknowledge when openly crucifying a players performance...we just don't know.

Unlike other jobs/professions ,footballers must be on top of their game 99.9% of the time or it will be noticed, A binman,administrator etc can get away with not being "on their game" due to other matters in their heads without too much impact.

Feel for Stephen

Wouldn't be surprised if he see's comments and wonders if "He's paid thousands of pounds a week to 'cope'" could be directed at him

Credit to him for carrying on, playing to a level that del see's fit to play him

As an administrator, if I have 'stuff going on' and perform at 50-60% I would be credited for persevering

There's a good spirit at the club ATM, it isn't the end of the world but it's definitley not going to be fun for him the boys will look after him

First Trund's now Pearson... must be bristol!

Unlike other jobs/professions ,footballers must be on top of their game 99.9% of the time or it will be noticed, A binman,administrator etc can get away with not being "on their game" due to other matters in their heads without too much impact.

Without losing the fact that this is horrible for anyone, i would think it more important for a footballer to do his trade at a time like this.

Sitting in an office provides plenty of time to dwell and mope especially over a 35-45 hour week.

As far as i know, footballers dont do those hours. A few hours of tough all out physical activity might be just the ticket.. .

would you of said that if it was Baldock,Davies,Heaton or Cunningham? or was it because Pearson hasnt been playing well?

would you of said that if it was Baldock,Davies,Heaton or Cunningham? or was it because Pearson hasnt been playing well?

Anyone, effects everyone in different ways granted. Like I said, it may or may not be effecting his performances.

If any player had made the same decision to take a 1 year contract away from his family up the other end of the country, while going through personal issues, I would say you have made a big big mistake, unless it is your intention to break up.

Not sure what you are getting at to be honest.

Anyone, effects everyone in different ways granted. Like I said, it may or may not be effecting his performances.

If any player had made the same decision to take a 1 year contract away from his family up the other end of the country, while going through personal issues, I would say you have made a big big mistake, unless it is your intention to break up.

Not sure what you are getting at to be honest.

It was just that Pearson hasnt been are best player whilst at this club and thought you meant he made the wrong decision joining us as it would be better for the club and him. Reading too far into i know

Archived