IGNORED

Please Del, Give Pitman A Go!

Derk94

Is there anyone else that would like to see Pitman given a chance after today's reserve game? I know it's only Exeter but he's showing that he's hungry and wants to play. If all of our players had that attitude maybe our run at the start of the season would've continued.

For me, he would be the first name on the team sheet against Bolton...

I'm Brett's biggest fan, but which of the forwards does he deserve to be in front of?

Baldock is clearly a better player than Pitman so that is non starter.

Taylor has been a revelation this season and although he needs to work on his game in front of goal I see him as a key player in our team at the moment. Also an ideal partner for Baldock.

Stead, similarly to Taylor he isn't ever going to be the goal threat that Pitman is, but his all round game and ability to partner Baldock sees him higher in the pecking order.

Davies, I'll be honest I wouldn't have signed him as even without him we have four capable strikers at this level. But he does look a talented player and his versatility and simple fact that he is a new signing will see him receive more chances in the team than Brett.

For Brett to have anything near a chance in the first team it needs Baldock to get injured. The other three strikers all bring more to the team and will be better partners for Baldock who is quite obviously our best striker. However in any game that Davies and Baldock start up front Pitman should be on the bench (as he was against Millwall) as he would offer a much better option to score a goal off the bench with time running out than either Stead or Taylor.

On a slight tangent I know some on here felt the need last season to start unsubstantiated rumours about Brett sulking or not trying in training when out of the team, but last week Jody Morris tweeted that he was staying behind after training with Baldock and Pitman to work on his finishing. Lets be honest at the moment Brett is probably the senior pro at the club with the least chance of starting a game. If there was any problem with his attitude I don't think he would be staying behind after training working on his game!

I'm Brett's biggest fan, but which of the forwards does he deserve to be in front of?

Taylor has been a revelation this season and although he needs to work on his game in front of goal I see him as a key player in our team at the moment. Also an ideal partner for Baldock.

Stead, similarly to Taylor he isn't ever going to be the goal threat that Pitman is, but his all round game and ability to partner Baldock sees him higher in the pecking order.

Davies, I'll be honest I wouldn't have signed him as even without him we have four capable strikers at this level. But he does look a talented player and his versatility and simple fact that he is a new signing will see him receive more chances in the team than Brett.

For Brett to have anything near a chance in the first team it needs Baldock to get injured. The other three strikers all bring more to the team and will be better partners for Baldock who is quite obviously our best striker. However in any game that Davies and Baldock start up front Pitman should be on the bench as he would offer a much better option to score a goal off the bench with time running out than either Stead or Taylor.

On a slight tangent I know some on here felt the need last season to start unsubstantiated rumours about Brett sulking or not trying in training when out of the team, but last week Jody Morris tweeted that he was staying behind after training with Baldock and Pitman to work on his finishing. Lets be honest at the moment Brett is probably the senior pro at the club with the least chance of starting a game. If there was any problem with his attitude I don't think he would be staying behind after training working on his game!

Good post! I still think there is a lot more to come from Brett though. I personally think he's technically the best striker we have.

2 people I work with officiated the game, and said apart from his 3 goals he was awful. Link-play non-existant. But I guess he is there to put the ball in the back of the net and that's what he did

what about the trialist?

For Brett to have anything near a chance in the first team it needs Baldock to get injured. The other three strikers all bring more to the team and will be better partners for Baldock who is quite obviously our best striker. However in any game that Davies and Baldock start up front Pitman should be on the bench (as he was against Millwall) as he would offer a much better option to score a goal off the bench with time running out than either Stead or Taylor.

Well said mate.

I like Brett a lot, and in a really selfish way would love him to still be a part of the squad.

But he is also, for me, the 5th best striker we have. Of all the possible combinations of strikers and line ups I have gone through in my head over the past few weeks, Brett just doesn't seem to be able to fit in on a regular basis. Hard to say as I rate him highly, but ultimately goal scoring is not the problem.

Great to see Pitman scoring, glad that even with a 4 goal haul in a reserve game, he'll still struggle to make the XI vs Bolton - it says alot about our strike force.

I can't help but be negative about his work rate though, until he runs his socks off consistently and gives a bit more to the team he won't get a run in the team.

We can't throw Pitman on and hope the ball drops in the right place for him to work his magic, on the ball one of the best in the squad, hope he can prove he can consistently be one of the hardest workers.

Hopefully this'll give him a kick to want to perform

There is no doubt he can score, everybody knows that.

It's his overall game that is lacking.

Every one of us fans want him to do better but every time he starts it's like playing with 10 players until he gets subbed off.

He is a bit of an enigma, but it is down to him to prove he can be consistent

2 people I work with officiated the game, and said apart from his 3 goals he was awful. Link-play non-existant. But I guess he is there to put the ball in the back of the net and that's what he did

"Apart from the [correction supplied by me] four goals he was awful". That is hilarious!

"Apart from the [correction supplied by me] four goals he was awful". That is hilarious!

As someone once had on their signature on here 'that bloody (Dave) Smith, all he does is get to the bye line and cross the ball'

For the younger viewers, Smith was a winger.......

Archived