IGNORED

Please Del, Give Pitman A Go!

Derk94

No they don't, but then neither do goals in reserve games. Brett is championed as a bringer of goals, so judging first team goals by stats gives a fairly clear picture in this case.

My point about Stead and Pitman was more to debunk some of the stuff said about him, rather than to clamour for Stead's inclusion. This season Stead has been ok without hitting some of his previous heights, but whether Pitman is the answer is arguable. Taylor does a great job and creates chances, and Davies has looked a big threat in the little time he's played. Why these two at least shouldn't be included seems illogical to me, and Baldock has to be around the starting XI, he's the most threatening striker we've got. A first touch and pace like he has will get us goals.

I do take your point and I'm not 'clamouring' for Pitman's inclusion on the basis of some goals v Exeter City reserves.

I just think our early season freescoring credentials are starting to fade and I'd welcome the inclusion of another of our proven strikers (while he's still in the club) to try and freshen things up a bit.

I do take your point and I'm not 'clamouring' for Pitman's inclusion on the basis of some goals v Exeter City reserves.

I just think our early season freescoring credentials are starting to fade and I'd welcome the inclusion of another of our proven strikers (while he's still in the club) to try and freshen things up a bit.

Tbf, I think our free-scoring exploits have suffered since Greg C got crocked - we have lost the balance in our attacking play, and ability to switch play from side to side with equal threat on both flanks. Not sure what re-introducing BP will do to remedy this, although his quick feet can be effective if we are forced to play narrow.

Tbf, I think our free-scoring exploits have suffered since Greg C got crocked - we have lost the balance in our attacking play, and ability to switch play from side to side with equal threat on both flanks. Not sure what re-introducing BP will do to remedy this, although his quick feet can be effective if we are forced to play narrow.

Agree with all that, mate. Hurry back, Greg, you are sorely missed...

Very good point, Greg's deliveries and bombing runs have been missed since the Peterborough game.

Nope cos he really ent great!!! He has no pace, no heading ability, no determination to work hard and despite his decent finishing ( I say decent) he doesnt score much and we have our strike force sorted as we are one of the top scorers in the league so why change it!!! Wat we really need is a good CB in my opinion like Bikey was, because he made a huge difference wen he played for us!!

Archived