IGNORED

Typical Arrogance

sglosbcfc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19924802

The so called big clubs are always looking at new ways of getting even bigger and two fingers to the rest, it makes me sick. I am far from convinced that the majority of Arsenal fans would rather be in some sort of Euro Super League than playing matches against their traditional English rivals. I mean would a mid table Euro League match between say Arsenal and Spartak Moscow really be more exciting for them than a derby v West Ham or even a trip to the Liberty for an Wales v England clash v the Jacks.

An elite Euro League would also kill our dreams of getting back to the top flight and competing with the Man City, Man Utd and Liverpools

Let them go, then the rest of us can go back to enjoying how the leagues were before too much money.

Green has a cheek when he talks about small clubs, his team are in the bottom league of the Scottish pyramid...

1 how does he know what the fans want too see. 2 the reason Arsenal don't sell out is because they charge a stupid amount of money for tickets. 3 It's not are fault the Scotish scence is so shite. 4 I bet Aston Villa even being so poor as Green added would smash Rangers if they played them. 5 Why did he buy Rangers and not invest in an English team seeing how much the weaker teams earn in revenue compared to the sweaty socks elite teams.

My conclusion Green is a c***.

1 how does he know what the fans want too see. 2 the reason Arsenal don't sell out is because they charge a stupid amount of money for tickets. 3 It's not are fault the Scotish scence is so shite. 4 I bet Aston Villa even being so poor as Green added would smash Rangers if they played them. 5 Why did he buy Rangers and not invest in an English team seeing how much the weaker teams earn in revenue compared to the sweaty socks elite teams.

My conclusion Green is a c***.

Green is indeed a complete cock.

I believe arsenal since they've been at the emirates have only had 1 game make it to general sale, so I wouldn't put that as struggling to sell out.

The problem and thank god, for any European league would be that I don't think the Germans would touch it with a barge pole, due to the way their game is run.

They have the most attended league in the world now, they have the club with the highest attendances in Europe, and their domestic game is growing exponentially, while for all the money being ploughed in the premiershit and the English leagues are in decline in terms of paying fans.

It's shits like green who have seen this decline in English football. Hopefully Dortmund, Bayern and the like can begin to have a serious say in European club competitions again and people will at the tip levels take note of the German model and begin to implement it.

For me the day a European football league is set up is the day football dies.

Green is indeed a complete cock.

I believe arsenal since they've been at the emirates have only had 1 game make it to general sale, so I wouldn't put that as struggling to sell out.

The problem and thank god, for any European league would be that I don't think the Germans would touch it with a barge pole, due to the way their game is run.

They have the most attended league in the world now, they have the club with the highest attendances in Europe, and their domestic game is growing exponentially, while for all the money being ploughed in the premiershit and the English leagues are in decline in terms of paying fans.

It's shits like green who have seen this decline in English football. Hopefully Dortmund, Bayern and the like can begin to have a serious say in European club competitions again and people will at the tip levels take note of the German model and begin to implement it.

For me the day a European football league is set up is the day football dies.

I agree one hundred per cent, the leagues that want a Euro League are the ones that have allowed the biggest clubs to strangle the rest e.g. real Madrid and Barca, Rangers and Celtic. In England there is a fairer distribution of the tv money meaning the biggest clubs can still get the biggest pot if they perform to expectations but there is still a decent amount for every team. Barca, Real, Celtic and Rangers want to take every penny.

He is just trying to put the cat amongst the pigeons to see what happens in the hope it drags Rangers out of the gutter they are currently in. The bloke knows that it will take Rangers at least a decade to compete with Celtic again and is hoping for a quick fix.

I don't care either.

Every fan should hope for their team to perform at the highest level they possibly can. City have spent nine seasons in the top flight already and a club and City of our size can support a Premier League team. A Euro league is different, if you remember UEFA scrapped the old Champions League format of two groups stages because fans just weren't interested in the matches. Big European nights in a knock out style format are great, a big league playing the same teams season after season without any of your traditional national contests would soon lose support in my opinion.

Every fan should hope for their team to perform at the highest level they possibly can. City have spent nine seasons in the top flight already and a club and City of our size can support a Premier League team. A Euro league is different, if you remember UEFA scrapped the old Champions League format of two groups stages because fans just weren't interested in the matches. Big European nights in a knock out style format are great, a big league playing the same teams season after season without any of your traditional national contests would soon lose support in my opinion.

Is it really worth it though? Sky High prices, can't get a beer in the pub due to all the "glory hunters" etc.

Having to remortgage your house to get a ticket for arsenal away.

I enjoy watching city, and it doesn't really matter what division were in. I would rather be on the championship than the premier league to be honest.

Am I the only fan who really doesnt care if city never reach the prem?

We had a quite lengthy debate about this when we got to the play-offs. I found myself shifting between the 'yes' and 'no' camps with every other post that made good sense! For the benefit of the club financially my ideal scenario would be get promoted, stay up for a couple of seasons without mortgaging the club to the hilt, and then slink back to the championship with a decent wedge of the prems cash. This is probably an unrealistic scenario. Yes, that makes me unambitious for our club, but I just dont like what I see in the prem. Problem is becoming that even to remain in the championship is requiring more and more investment as foreign investors buy up second tier clubs.

Am I the only fan who really doesnt care if city never reach the prem?

It's not an obsession for me, but as a fan you want the team to do well and if they are doing well they are winning matches and if they win lots of matches there is a chance they could go up.

Manchester United away or Macclesfield - tough choice.

As it stands I'm not THAT bothered about not being in a league that is so far from a level playing field every season would be a grind, oh wait, we're already there.

What I do find attractive, and dream about is European away days, and realistically that's only gonna happen with a tomorrow to the prem.

Manchester United away or Macclesfield - tough choice.

As it stands I'm not THAT bothered about not being in a league that is so far from a level playing field every season would be a grind, oh wait, we're already there.

What I do find attractive, and dream about is European away days, and realistically that's only gonna happen with a tomorrow to the prem.

This could be achieved with a cup win or possibly even just a cup final. Shame city never even try

Dear Mr Green. Have you ever heard of the champions league. It's a European competition where the best teams in the world battle it out. By qualifying for this competition your receive extra prize money, and extra TV money, as well as more lucrative sponser deals for playing on the biggest stage infront of millions of live TV viewers.

Yours Sincerely WTTJ

P.S Your a knob :ranting:

So people wouldnt want to go to Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Emirates as they would rather go to London Road, Vicarage Road, Stadium MK or Fratton Park.

I know which set ill rather go to

rather go to fratton park than the emirates anyday....cant think of anything worse than being sat in a lifeless bowl and watching city get spanked 5 zip and only touching the ball 6 times

Rangers clearly are desperate to get out of playing in the scotch league, that's pure fiction from Green.

There won't be any european super league and if there were Rangers wouldn't be within a million miles of it.

Rather than whinging and lying to try and get out of scotch football Rangers would be better served actually trying to improve it.

This guy is off his nut!

Rangers wouldn't get out of the Championship!

He shouldn't be speaking about other clubs its none of his business.

Villa may not be setting the world on fire, but they are far from useless. He needs a dry slap.

I agree that Green is off his nut and a Euro league is madness, but to say Rangers wouldn't compete in the Championship is laughable. I am far from a rangers fan but they have massive support and potential, if they joined the English leagues sponsors and investors would be falling over themselves to pour money in to ensure they made it to the top. The truth of the matter is that Celtic and Rangers are both top six teams in Britain without a doubt.

I agree that Green is off his nut and a Euro league is madness, but to say Rangers wouldn't compete in the Championship is laughable. I am far from a rangers fan but they have massive support and potential, if they joined the English leagues sponsors and investors would be falling over themselves to pour money in to ensure they made it to the top. The truth of the matter is that Celtic and Rangers are both top six teams in Britain without a doubt.

Don't be silly. They're not even close. If they were allowed to play in the English top flight (which will never happen) for a decade or so they might make it into the top half of the Prem, but without that they are miles and miles off.

Archived