IGNORED

Under 21S

Jordan Tansley

Did anyone watch it? Apparently Danny Rose was sent off for being racially abused and Steve Wigley got in a fight which involved thrown punches?

I'm at work, but if anyone saw it would love to hear what happened, personally think countries like Serbia should be banned from football, neo-Nazi scum.

Ugly scenes, After final whistle went there was racist chanting and alot of missle throwing from the Serberian crowd. Brawls and even Serbian players and staff targeting Steve Wigley with kicks and some punches were thrown (not just at Steve Wigley).

Glad to say English players kept their dignity by not reacting and keeping their cool in what was very hostile place.

I think Danny Rose was sent off for booting the ball into the crowd. It looks like he was subjected to monkey chants from the crowd though as well as missiles raining down on our players as they celebrated the goal.

Some of the Serbian players seemed to take it hard that we scored a last minute winner , a few things were obviously said and a few punches and kicks thrown. Wigley appeared to be ushering players down the tunnell and then lost the plot , don't know if something was said or he was assaulted.

Plenty of pushing and shoving , a Serbian sub looked like he threw a punch at Caulker and Tom Lees seemed to throw one as well.

Pretty disgraceful but UEFA haven't got the bottle to do anything about it , they will probably fine Serbia for the racist chants and we'll get fined for failing to control our players !

FIFA are ******* useless, only interested in filling up their personal bank accounts with ill gotten gains, it's easy really ban Serbia from all international football for 2 years and kick the senior team out of the world cup, FFS send out a message FIFA.

I know what yer on, but too many arses picking up too much money, we as fans will never make a difference, time will tell, oh and by the way, it rained in warsaw tonight, jeez,

I know what yer on, but too many arses picking up too much money, we as fans will never make a difference, time will tell, oh and by the way, it rained in warsaw tonight, jeez,

indeed, but when will something actually be done internationally and at european games this is far to common, it's becoming almost a weekly occurrence, it's really not good enough.

FIFA are ******* useless, only interested in filling up their personal bank accounts with ill gotten gains, it's easy really ban Serbia from all international football for 2 years and kick the senior team out of the world cup, FFS send out a message FIFA.

totally agree they will end up with small fine and slap on wrist as usual . This country has done well to try stamp out racism and IMO it nearly has . But looking at those seens in an U21 game countries like Serbia are miles behind we continually here of racism in Eastern Europe but little seems to be done to prevent it and the punishment never fits the crime . Watching those clips I really felt sorry for Danny rose shouldn't have to go through that in 2012 appalling like u said FIFA need to act big time

Absolutely disgusting. I watched live in complete bewilderment. FIFA/UEFA have to take serious action, but of course they won't.

I must say Clevedon goalie Jack Butland was fantastic, showed true maturity getting the England players off the pitch. What an excellent role model.

Paul Ince comments about the ten year ban are pretty justified, but Serbia will get away scott free. Bastards.

there was 1 clip on y tube that i saw ( been deleted now i think ) but it was from the serbia crowd and there hundreds making monkey noises. They should be banned end of. If Fifa or Uefa or whoever it is doesnt ban them then they should not support any against racism programme. Its got to be all or nothing

total disgrace

Absolutely disgusting. I watched live in complete bewilderment. FIFA/UEFA have to take serious action, but of course they won't.

I must say Clevedon goalie Jack Butland was fantastic, showed true maturity getting the England players off the pitch. What an excellent role model.

Paul Ince comments about the ten year ban are pretty justified, but Serbia will get away scott free. Bastards.

Seems there's racial, and then there's racial,.....we all know the serb history, we all know about ethnic "cleansing"....maybe time will be a great healer, but untill they learn the rudimentries on how to treat your fellow man, ban them, end of

I've only seen the videos on this thread, but based on that, along with the obvious condemnation of the Serbians I'd give the English players a hell of a lot of credit for the way they conducted themselves. They all seemed composed, and intent on just getting off the pitch in a calm fashion. Footballers get plenty of stick for bad behaviour, so it's worth noticing when they get things right. Even Danny Rose's reactions were very subdued, bearing in mind what he was hearing from the crowd. As someone above mentioned, Jack Butland was superb, showing great maturity and suport for his teammate.

Steve Wigley only seemed to react to something he'd seen in the tunnel: it would be interesting to know what was going on there.

Of course Serbia should be kicked out of all European competitons, but don't hold your breath.

Report on BBC said some Serbian fans also got on the pitch and started fighting with our players as well.

Absolutely disgusted with it but as people have already said FIFA are too spineless to deal with it how they should.

After all its only England as far as they are concerned.

Well done to our boys though who kept their heads and should real class during the situation.

I put a large part of the blame down to the referee. Its his job to control the situation on the pitch and in the light of blatant racism, should have abandoned the game. Not only that but then giving rose a red card for a yellow card offence after the game is ridiculous. And governing bodies say we shouldn't give referees a hard time. All of incidents in serbia could have been avoided if sense was seen and the ref did his job properly

I put a large part of the blame down to the referee. Its his job to control the situation on the pitch and in the light of blatant racism, should have abandoned the game. Not only that but then giving rose a red card for a yellow card offence after the game is ridiculous. And governing bodies say we shouldn't give referees a hard time. All of incidents in serbia could have been avoided if sense was seen and the ref did his job properly

Rubbish, the referee would lose his job if he abandoned the match because of crowd hostility, there are rules in place to deal with incidents of racism from supporters, and hopefully those will be acted upon, but the referee can only call off the match if he fears for his own safety, or the safety of any of the players/officials/fans within the stadium (possibly had he seen that the crowd were throwing 'rocks' then yes, but I don't think calling off the match was an option). As for the melee at the end, what was he supposed to do about that? Referees look ridiculous when they stand by and blow their whistle during a fight. Also, Rose was issued a second yellow card, he had already been booked, and was therefore sent off. I thought that in refereeing the match and ignoring several dives/penalty shouts from the Serbs, the referee did a good job.

indeed, but when will something actually be done internationally and at european games this is far to common, it's becoming almost a weekly occurrence, it's really not good enough.

Totally agree ......something has to be done but It is not only Euro & Internationals (most common admit) but also in domestic leagues....,,,,,,,small town in Asia ring any bells?

Anyone seen pictures in the sun paper? Wigely got attacked first by one of the Serbian backroom staff, Buckland had a chair thrown at him! Rose sent off for reacting to racial abuse, joke! Serbia should be banned from all international fixtures for at least 6 years (miss the next 2/3 world cups)

Totally agree ......something has to be done but It is not only Euro & Internationals (most common admit) but also in domestic leagues....,,,,,,,small town in Asia ring any bells?

Grow up, how can you possibly quantify these 2 incidents?, 1 is racism (from a serial offender) and the other is pathetic unfunny misguided banter.

Anyone seen pictures in the sun paper? Wigely got attacked first by one of the Serbian backroom staff, Buckland had a chair thrown at him! Rose sent off for reacting to racial abuse, joke! Serbia should be banned from all international fixtures for at least 6 years (miss the next 2/3 world cups)

3 world cups would be 10 years !

Agree though , they should be booted out rather than fined. Kick them out of the current qualifiers and the next Euro's , see you in 2016.

Yes lets slag uefa/fifa when the FA don't really punish john terry , good one !

What has John Terry got to do with monkey chants for 90 mins, missiles being thrown at our players, fans getting on the pitch and punching and kicking our players and the Serbia players kicking and punching Steve Wigley.

Just heard that on the radio truley shocking if Serbia don't get the book thrown at them Fifa/Uefa need to explain themselves.

if this statement isn't bringing the game into disrepute I don't know what is, I suppose we we will if Platini has a pair or whether he is just a cheese eating surrender monkey (pun intended).

Archived