IGNORED

Under 21S

Jordan Tansley

Not even a mention on the uefa website. :nono: Whats the odds they get another tiny fine and told not to do it again.

http://www.uefa.com/...#england serbia

An order to play one or two games behind closed doors would be my guess.

I never liked Rose, but it's hard not to think that his red card was both pathetic and completely harsh given the atmosphere in the stadium.

Hmmmmmm!Sounds a little racist EMB.Although as Platini is French probably fair enough.Oh I had better add "allegedly"

Mate I live most of my time in France, my best friend and neighbour is French, he recently sent me an email link stating that only 1 in 5 French people shower/bath every day, the same amount admitted to only taking a shower or bath only once a week, he also told me that the French as a nation revels in it's tag as one of the most hated nations on earth and were quite pissed off when the U S of A overtook them but to be fair France will always be a far more multi cultural society than Britain will ever be with a history of embracing immigrants before during and after both world wars.

The problem they have, is that this sort of this happens every week in a lot of Eastern European Counties... It just doesn't get shown in our media. It's a common occurance and accepted. Unfortunately...many, many people in these Countries are racist...not just football fans, but in their society in general. There is a reason not many black people live in these countries...they are just not accepted.

Yes... I agree a ban on Serbia should set the ball rolling to set a precedent...but tbh...people over their just won't get it...it's so ingrained. They'd be banning Clubs everyweek...really hard for Clubs to control fans...when their society is made up of so many racists.

England is probably the least racist Country in Europe now...imho.

EMB.You have my sympathies.Do you live there out of choice or is it some kind of obscene punishment?

No I inherited a job lot of dove soap, mum anti perspirant, lynx body spray, boots shower gel and clorets and I couldn't get an investment from Dragons Den, well actually Hilary Devay offered me the whole amount but I would have had to sleep with her, so I came over here to make my fortune but **** me I would have been better off trying to sell my wares in Whorefield, even they wash more often.

No I inherited a job lot of dove soap, mum anti perspirant, lynx body spray, boots shower gel and clorets and I couldn't get an investment from Dragons Den, well actually Hilary Devay offered me the whole amount but I would have had to sleep with her, so I came over here to make my fortune but **** me I would have been better off trying to sell my wares in Whorefield, even they wash more often.

I admire your (frankly insane) optimism EMB.Perhaps you should of offered lessons in good manners free with every purchase.

Gave up on that years ago, if in a traffic queue you wave a car out from a side road, they look at you as if you have insulted them by farting in their face, oh yes and indicators on french cars is an optional extra and don't get started on french people and roundabouts....................

Can I just point out a couple of things?

1. This is nothing to do with FIFA. It's a UEFA competition.

2. They had to charge/investigate our players. It wasn't as if they were completely passive was it? It's a charge not a conviction.

3. The Serbs know they've been rumbled. Their complete denial follows the pattern of the Yugoslav Civil war,

4. I personally hope that Platini gets Blatter's job. Anyone got any better nominees?

Sorry to jump in here but let's be reasonable:

Unless I'm very much mistaken most of our Bristolian biased Serbo-Croat is pretty pony, and maybe we are being a bit touchy. However, and maybe it's just our sensitive English sensibilities :- gorilla noises ©1974 tend to make one jump to conclusions.

Still, maybe England should accept a decade long ban from UEFA competitions for "failing to control our players".

Just for "the good of the game".

You do know Danny Rose kicked a ball into a crowd? That's just endemic of the "English Disease" and perhaps its time UEFA took a stand against such nonsense.

Ça Va?

As much as they should do, Serbia won't get a ban. Nothing to do with an 'anti-English' bias but the fact that if they ban Serbia for racist chanting then before the next Euros they'll have to have banned Spain, Russia, Ukraine, Greece... the list is long and sad, but UEFA have neither the desire nor the clout to start handing out bans as it sets a precedent which they don't want

Given how mindless monkey chants and the such like are, do you think your average eastern European racist is going to think "I better fix my racist ways or they'll do that to my country next?!" No, they'll wait till it happens to them and then blame the 'monkeys' for it...

i think most people opinions on this are reactionary and silly, i mean how many teams did our fa ban in this country for racism when it was occuring every week??? and now its non existant !!! doubt this countries public opinion was as strong on this matter then somehow!

Fair point, but alternatively you could look at something like hooliganism. Used to be a big problem in this country, but then UEFA put their foot down, banned english clubs from europe, and now things are much improved.

Better in England yes, better In europe?

Fair point, but alternatively you could look at something like hooliganism. Used to be a big problem in this country, but then UEFA put their foot down, banned english clubs from europe, and now things are much improved.

did they actually? after heysel definitely yes, but when shit goes off in russia on a weekly basis they don't seem to have an opinion, you could argue that the local police have had more to do with it than the football authorities it getting rid of hooligans and racism in this country but we know how many complain that they are being targeted as a thug for being a football fan yet targeting all serbs as racists is acceptable???

did they actually? after heysel definitely yes, but when shit goes off in russia on a weekly basis they don't seem to have an opinion, you could argue that the local police have had more to do with it than the football authorities it getting rid of hooligans and racism in this country but we know how many complain that they are being targeted as a thug for being a football fan yet targeting all serbs as racists is acceptable???

You might have noticed or not, the world has moved on, racism has now been accepted as being unacceptable, it was a la hooliganism considered a English disease and now it's no longer an English disease suddenly it dosen't matter any more.

Better in England yes, better In europe?

No and if troubles continue in eastern european countries then their clubs should be barred from europe as well, if UEFA want to do something about it.

The post i was replying to seemed to suggest that Serbia shouldn't be given this sort of punishment because England managed to deal with their issues with racism without such sanctions. I disagree, and cited the example of hooliganism to show how this could work in the case of racism.

Archived