IGNORED

Dean Gerken

Southport Red

Now I want to say I am a big fan of Tom Heaton, I think he is a top class goalkeeper.

Having said that, thinking back to some of Gerken's performances when the going got tough last season (think Forest away), do you think Gerkn would be justified in feeling hard done by? When James was released, he must have thought his chance had come, and in those last few games, to be fair, he looked to me like he took his chance.

He must be a model pro because I have heard absolutely no grumbles from him but I think he could be excused for feeling hard done by. Thoughts?

Bottom line is that Gerkin isn't as good as either David James or Tom Heaton and thats why he's been sat on the bench. He's a useful number two but doesn't have the same quality about his game as James or Heaton. He's prone to howlers and his decision making is also suspect. His game reminds me of Flapper Phillips but without the crap attitude.

Fair play to him for not whingeing, at least in public about being second choice.

Bottom line is that Gerkin isn't as good as either David James or Tom Heaton and thats why he's been sat on the bench. He's a useful number two but doesn't have the same quality about his game as James or Heaton. He's prone to howlers and his decision making is also suspect. His game reminds me of Flapper Phillips but without the crap attitude.

Fair play to him for not whingeing, at least in public about being second choice.

A dwarf with one arm would've been better than David James in his last season here. McInnes saw that and that's why he was not renewed, although he clearly believes he can still play. Gerken was clearly better.

However, in the way he commands his area and doesn't dither, I prefer Heaton to Gerks. Dean will have to wait his chance, if one presents itself.

A dwarf with one arm would've been better than David James in his last season here. McInnes saw that and that's why he was not renewed, although he clearly believes he can still play. Gerken was clearly better.

However, in the way he commands his area and doesn't dither, I prefer Heaton to Gerks. Dean will have to wait his chance, if one presents itself.

No clean sheet until december and a couple of mistakes Gerko will have his chance but he doesnt seem too bothered by it though so he obviously knows he will get his chance or hes off in jan only he knows

what a load of old shite, if James hadn't been replaced by gerkin we would probably been playing a league lower

what a load of old shite, if James hadn't been replaced by gerkin we would probably been playing a league lower

What a load of old shite. Millen and then McInnes felt that James was a better goalkeeping option that Gerkin. In fact McInnes brought in Heaton ahead of Gerkin after James left. That pretty much says it all.

I'm neither a great Heaton or Gerkin fan really, but you have to say that after 11 games with no clean sheet, shipping an average of 2 goals per game, a change of goalie could do no harm.

From a goalkeepers viewpoint I think the Chris Eagles free kick was a poor one to concede, Heaton lined up a four man wall to cover his right hand post and the shot went straight into the bottom left hand corner, no curl around the wall. Keeper should have at least got something on it.

I'm neither a great Heaton or Gerkin fan really, but you have to say that after 11 games with no clean sheet, shipping an average of 2 goals per game, a change of goalie could do no harm.

From a goalkeepers viewpoint I think the Chris Eagles free kick was a poor one to concede, Heaton lined up a four man wall to cover his right hand post and the shot went straight into the bottom left hand corner, no curl around the wall. Keeper should have at least got something on it.

That was the wall's fault not Heaton's. Remember, Heaton is only on a one-year contract, and dropping him when he hasn't done anything wrong will just end up with him opting against renewing come the summer, then we'll need to find another keeper.

What a load of old shite. Millen and then McInnes felt that James was a better goalkeeping option that Gerkin. In fact McInnes brought in Heaton ahead of Gerkin after James left. That pretty much says it all.

what seriously??? james was beyond awful before being dropped for gerkin ,what iam saying is that if he would of remained there we would be playing in league 1 i think you will find james wasnt being picked on merit either

I do feel sorry for Gerks.I don't think Heaton should be dropped and think it would be harsh to point the finger at him for many of our goals conceded.If Dean does get a run he will deserve his chance and it will be good to see how he performs over a period of games.I think he is a pretty capable keeper.

Why?

What's heaton done wrong, could have joe hart in goal for us and still concede as many as we have. Can't think if any blunders by him this season.

Some might think not much, however there is a clear lack of confidence throughout the team again. We are though 100% confident of conceding goals as we defend poorly and most of us knew when Bolton scored that they were going to go on and win.

Sometimes you have to change a few things and despite some of what I have read on this forum DM brought in Heaton to have two competitive goalkeepers at the club not as a replacement, his words not mine! Also DM likes to change things around when there are two games in a week anyway and Heaton could use a rest from picking the ball out of his own onion bag!!

So the question is what has Gerkin (onion bag geddit) done wrong...Probably nothing and he's doing ok in the stiffs. I think DM will take a throw of the dice with Gerkin soon and prey he brings in another CB and Cunningham makes a miraculous recovery as we clearly lack depth in some areas!!

Christ, football master tactician Keith Millen prefered David James - what a ringing endorsement (not!) And Derek McInnes prefered him at first until he saw one too many clangers and Gerks was able to claim his place. If McInnes had rated James in any way, he wouldn't have released him at the first possible opportunity.

Archived