IGNORED

How Many Of Our Players....

spudski

....would walk into the first team selection, on a like for like basis, of our Championship rivals?

Not many imho...

It's sort of how i put things into perspective in our league.

The majority of our team is made up of players who couldn't make it into the first team of others on a regular basis, or were from teams of a lower standard, with a few exceptions.

What we as fans thought was our best player for years ( Maynard ) has proved a flop.

So perhaps we as fans and the management need to realise what we think is good...actually isn't for this standard.

I've always said, to improve we need a manager who is an old head in this league...who has been successful at this standard and knows what it takes to do well.

We haven't had one yet. Coppell being the exception....and he soon realised what he was up against and ****ed off.

We need a manager with experience at this level...not those from below....who show promise and are still learning their trade.

Someone to settle the ship...as it has been rudderless and taken at the helm by inexperienced rookies, learning their trade at this level in the Stormy seas of the Championship is asking for troubled times. Too reliant on luck rather than knowledge and experience.

Albert, Cunningham, Fontaine on his day (look past his recent form), possibly Davies, possibly Baldock. And I'm not sure how you figure that Maynard's been a flop. Did ok when he was on the pitch at west ham and is now at a better and bigger club than ours who have a good chance of promotion this year.

Albert, Cunningham, Fontaine on his day (look past his recent form), possibly Davies, possibly Baldock. And I'm not sure how you figure that Maynard's been a flop. Did ok when he was on the pitch at west ham and is now at a better and bigger club than ours who have a good chance of promotion this year.

Maynard will be a squad player for those looking for promotion. Not an automatic first choice.

How many Clubs are banging on our door wanting our players?

How many have been released or struggled to find new contracts....or moved to lower standard football?

No one has bought Albert...

Fontaine hasn't been the same since his injury. Southampton sussed this.

Cunningham was released by a Club wanting to improve...

We get players who have a purple patch ...then resort to sort...

We struggle to get good Championship players who regularly play well.

Look at Jon Stead as a prime example.

Does well...then resorts to very average. He's done it at every club.

You look at teams like Peterborough then all of our first XI would get into another championship side.

Exactly....and where are Peterborough?

I doubt if many of our 07/08 side would have got into other championship teams on an individual basis but they performed spectacularly as a team.

How many teams do when on a roll from a previous promotion? Think about it.

It's making the right decisions and continuing the progress.... Southampton did it.

Reading are definately onto something. They go about their way almost stealth like...and I can see why SL tried to replicate them.

....would walk into the first team selection, on a like for like basis, of our Championship rivals?

Not many imho...

It's sort of how i put things into perspective in our league.

The majority of our team is made up of players who couldn't make it into the first team of others on a regular basis, or were from teams of a lower standard, with a few exceptions.

What we as fans thought was our best player for years ( Maynard ) has proved a flop.

So perhaps we as fans and the management need to realise what we think is good...actually isn't for this standard.

I've always said, to improve we need a manager who is an old head in this league...who has been successful at this standard and knows what it takes to do well.

We haven't had one yet. Coppell being the exception....and he soon realised what he was up against and ****ed off.

We need a manager with experience at this level...not those from below....who show promise and are still learning their trade.

Someone to settle the ship...as it has been rudderless and taken at the helm by inexperienced rookies, learning their trade at this level in the Stormy seas of the Championship is asking for troubled times. Too reliant on luck rather than knowledge and experience.

Sorry Spudski , you told me recently you hadn't watched City play this season so I'm not really sure how you are passing judgements on players you've not seen.

Sorry Spudski , you told me recently you hadn't watched City play this season so I'm not really sure how you are passing judgements on players you've not seen.

The only one of our team i haven't seen play is Baldock.

Look at the bigger picture though...how many of our team had Del boy seen before?

Look at our players stats and history.

How many of them have been released by their former clubs because they were surplus to requirements.

You don't need to go to every game to see a history of things repeating themselves.

Not saying Del can't turn it around. But was trying to put things into perspective.

From the players we have and the manager we have, it's not rocket science to work out we are a lower order Championship side.

To become a regular top half team, we would have to replace all of our midfield and defense imho.

Happy to be proven wrong...it's just my opinion.

Maynard will be a squad player for those looking for promotion. Not an automatic first choice.

Cunningham was released by a Club wanting to improve...

Erm...Cunningham was released by Man City. They're a little bit better than your average Championship club.

Cardiff paid around £2.75 million for Maynard. Ok, they've a bit of money but I don't think they spend that much on squad players.

Archived