IGNORED

4 Points

BS3_RED

Its a familiar response for sure but at the same time any manager has to be protective of the players he currently has at his disposal. The last thing he wants is to alienate his existing players who he is currently depending on. By constantly saying that new defenders are required doesn't help their confidence and may even piss some of them off and cause even worse performances.

Rumour says that Amougou wanted silly money but whats the cost of relegation?

..but perhaps that is the problem? That he's nervous about alienating his players? Can you imagine Ferguson worrying about upsetting his players when looking for new ones? He brought in van Persie while he still had Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandes at the club - do you think he worried about what they thought?

For me, if Mcinnes is worrying about alienating players in looking to improve the team, then he's definitely not the right man for the job. Players should be able to cope with the manager saying he needs to strengthen, don't you think? Isn't the reverse psychology that they will try harder to retain their place? They can't really afford to get upset if their performances haven't been up to scratch, can they?

..but perhaps that is the problem? That he's nervous about alienating his players? Can you imagine Ferguson worrying about upsetting his players when looking for new ones? He brought in van Persie while he still had Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandes at the club - do you think he worried about what they thought?

For me, if Mcinnes is worrying about alienating players in looking to improve the team, then he's definitely not the right man for the job. Players should be able to cope with the manager saying he needs to strengthen, don't you think? Isn't the reverse psychology that they will try harder to retain their place? They can't really afford to get upset if their performances haven't been up to scratch, can they?

I agree.

Except...surely there's no sign at all that he's nervous about alienating his players?

You may as well say if McInnes believes in aromatherapy to cure our injury problems then he's not cut out for the job. Which I would also agree with.

You make a good point and if McInnes isn't concerned about alienating his players then whats the real story behind the lack of signing a decent CB until last week?

With Amougou it was wages ( we assume) and if we don't buy the 'can't find the right player' spin then what's the real problem?

You make a good point and if McInnes isn't concerned about alienating his players then whats the real story behind the lack of signing a decent CB until last week?

With Amougou it was wages ( we assume) and if we don't buy the 'can't find the right player' spin then what's the real problem?

Was definitely wages with Amouga and we were waiting on Monk to recover from injury before he did a U-turn and decided to stay at Swans. Not sure why Dawson didn't join as we were in for him, but him not signing for us left us back to square 1 and the return of McManus.

AAAAAAAAGGHHHHHH This forum is full of idiots. I don't think I can take much more. You're making me have horrible thoughts.

There can't be more than ten posters on here who write with any sort of realism, perspective and sanity.

To change manager now would be one of the worse decisions the club has made in the 25 years I have been supporting.

Thankyou - who are the other 9? :me?:

Seriously, I agree with those who think that trying to remove Del would be ill-advised.....

Why doesn't Del just go onto his computer and filter:

Centre back

Right Footed

Age Between 23-28

Based In UK

And then tick the box to filter out those players who wouldnt be interested in coming to us.

Then he can pick his favourite from the long list. Or ask his scouts to look at them first and give him a current star rating and a potential star rating.

Cannot believe he hasnt thought of this.

I wouldn't care if he found someone who was 33 and based in Upper Volta, just as long as he could do the job for us.

Why doesn't Del just go onto his computer and filter:

Centre back

Right Footed

Age Between 23-28

Based In UK

And then tick the box to filter out those players who wouldnt be interested in coming to us.

Then he can pick his favourite from the long list. Or ask his scouts to look at them first and give him a current star rating and a potential star rating.

Cannot believe he hasnt thought of this.

As much as I hate redknapp, he wouldn't need to go down the FM route, his knowledge and scouting would mean he knows a lot about most players in the league.

Does Del do the same thing, does he have the real in depth knowledge about what is out there?

I'm not having a go at del, just a question. As I remember when he took over, he hadn't even heard of Pack, who had a big reputation in the bottom division! I would hope his knowledge of the league is in better shape now.

to be fair...he has had pretty much 12 months to sort our defence out

The whole team needed a shake up. We weren't scoring enough and we were conceding too many. We're a work in progress but part of the problem has been addressed.

Archived