IGNORED

Absolute Shambles

Threshersleftboot

Either a troll or know NOTHING about football

Think about what the OP said.

Firstly Wilson was sacked after losing the play-off final and Tinnion was put in charge from within.

Then Tinnion resigned/was sacked after getting a 7-1 stuffing at the Jacks. He was replaced by Johnson who managed two decent seasons and was given a 5 year deal. He then lost the plot and was replaced by Coppell who didn't stay long. Maybe he saw the inherent problems within the club that have been mentioned on another thread as too big a challenge.

Then Millen takes over from within and after a decent enough start began to struggle and quickly lost the fans support before being replaced by McInnes. Like Millen he got off to a decent start and eventually managed to keep City in the Championship. Like Millen he had a full close season to repair and build a new squad but he's failed just as Millen did.

Now McInnes is beginning to lose the fans. Its all a bit familiar................

I think the club puts all its engergies in the wrong places. Why dont we have a home advantage - move the away fans to a less prominant part of the ground and make home advantage count - lets look after our own. We will not break any football league rules by doing this.

As a club we need to harden up at all levels and stop being so bloody soft. Look at other clubs who do - they all have a winning mentality which is sadly something missing from our club.

I think its time for someone to come in and improve the mental aspect of the players minds etc.

very disappointed city fan who is sick of his team throwing away points.

Firstly Wilson was sacked after losing the play-off final and Tinnion was put in charge from within.

Then Tinnion resigned/was sacked after getting a 7-1 stuffing at the Jacks. He was replaced by Johnson who managed two decent seasons and was given a 5 year deal. He then lost the plot and was replaced by Coppell who didn't stay long. Maybe he saw the inherent problems within the club that have been mentioned on another thread as too big a challenge.

Then Millen takes over from within and after a decent enough start began to struggle and quickly lost the fans support before being replaced by McInnes. Like Millen he got off to a decent start and eventually managed to keep City in the Championship. Like Millen he had a full close season to repair and build a new squad but he's failed just as Millen did.

Now McInnes is beginning to lose the fans. Its all a bit familiar................

Remind me how many teams Danny Wilson has lead to promotion from League One since we sacked him?

Tinnion and Millen were mistakes. The others were not. McInnes has had success before and talks a lot of sense. The mistake now would be to bow to pressure and sack him. The strong decision is to back him no matter what.

Hardly an impartial view on the past Robbo. We all know you post with an agenda.

Johnson did not have '2 decent seasons'. He took us out of a league we'd been in for nearly a decade and then took us to within 90 minutes of the Premier League. To give our best manager for 20 years a long term contract is not a mistake.

Not Lansdowns fault that Coppell had personal issues. It had nothing to do with the inner workings of the club. Hence Coppell not wanting to be considered for a job since. It will be interesting to see what happens at Palace now.

The Millen appointment is understandable as he was the mainstay at the club throughout this and stability was needed.

McInnes was a great appointment and will prove himself given time. Some fans may be turning against him and unfortunately there are more and more supporters (of all clubs) who want to sack a manager before he has had a decent chance.

We must stick with McInnes for at least another 12 months although I'd like to see him in charge for another 24 months at least. Even if we go down. We cannot keep chopping and changing.

And we have a winner - take a bow!!! Perfectly summed up in a few words. A new manager at city is expected to come into the club - which, almost by definition of needing a new manager, is struggling bigtime - take short-term actions to preserve our championship status, and then, after one whole close season, transform us into a bright, shiney, challenging side - without even the benefit of an academy system capable of producing credible first team options.

Your expectations are way off the mark - never going to happen, not in the championship as it now is. Re-building city is a 5-6 season job minimum, and we'd best hope that the team can stay in the championship while the re-buiild takes place.

And we have a winner - take a bow!!! Perfectly summed up in a few words. A new manager at city is expected to come into the club - which, almost by definition of needing a new manager, is struggling bigtime - take short-term actions to preserve our championship status, and then, after one whole close season, transform us into a bright, shiney, challenging side - without even the benefit of an academy system capable of producing credible first team options.

Your expectations are way off the mark - never going to happen, not in the championship as it now is. Re-building city is a 5-6 season job minimum, and we'd best hope that the team can stay in the championship while the re-buiild takes place.

Exactly this.

McInnes the Magician he is not.

Many fans are very disappointed that McInnes didn't fill the gaps during the summer and now it looks as if we are in for another difficult season.No-one expected him to create a Championship winning team so soon but at least create one that could lead City to a mid-table position. That might still happen of course, after all there's still a long way to go. The positive is that at least City are scoring regularly.If only we could keep the back door shut.........

Either a troll or know NOTHING about football

it seems fashionable for anyone who questions McInnes to get the response that they know absolutely nothing (often in capitals) about football. Will this still be the case if we are relegated this season? Will this still be the case if we continue to concede an average of more than two goals a game? Will this still be the case if our defence continues to play like a pub team? Will this still be the case if our midfield continues to look as though it couldn't win a tackle, or provide a defence-splitting ball?

Call me naive, but I thought progress was all about getting better. We are certainly scoring more goals, but we are not winning more matches and after tonight, we could be back in the relegation zone again. Yes, there are contributing factors - the usual trail of injuries, including the critical one to Cunningham - but McInnes has had a long time to sort out the defensive problems that have been apparent since he joined us, and as far as I can see has failed to do so.

I desperately want the man to do well, but I had not expected to be this close to the relegation zone, and I certainly had not expected us to have conceded 16 goals at home in six matches.

Mind you, I suppose I could be a troll or know NOTHING about football. If the latter, I bow to the superior knowledge of those who seem to think that we're doing well / getting better / showing green shoots of recovery / about to turn the corner / suffering a temporary blip [delete as appropriate]

it seems fashionable for anyone who questions McInnes to get the response that they know absolutely nothing (often in capitals) about football. Will this still be the case if we are relegated this season? Will this still be the case if we continue to concede an average of more than two goals a game? Will this still be the case if our defence continues to play like a pub team? Will this still be the case if our midfield continues to look as though it couldn't win a tackle, or provide a defence-splitting ball?

It's all irrelavent as it will get sorted. We are scoring many more goals so half of the job is done. We can tighten up without it affecting our number of goals that we score. We must keep faith. He will sort it out. It would be nice if people held back with the moans, groans and calls for his sacking.

As we all know, anyone can beat anyone in the Championship and the differences between clubs at either end of the table can sometimes be quite small.

IMO what we're dismally failing to do is those little things that tip the balance in your favour during a match. Last night, Burnley were pulling, pushing nudging and crowding our strikers at every opportunity to gain any kind of advantage. What do our defence do in turn? Stand off them and give them as much space as they want to play the game the way they want to.

It was the same all over the pitch and with it being so quiet last night, I'm sure I heard a couple of City players saying "after you sir" to their Burnley counterparts when going for a 50 50 challenge!!!

Joking aside, we're just so bloody sporting and gentlemanly out there and we must be everyone's dream to play against. Ok, we know there are some glaring weaknesses in the side, but I think one of the most serious of these is our mentality. When the differences between defeat and victory can be slight, we're practically losing before we enter the pitch because we are far too soft and we need to get a harder edge and quick.

Not many on here are calling for McInnes' head, but those who are a talking sh*t. I'm extremely disappointed with the season so far, our defending is a joke, but we have to give him time to sort it out. Like other posters have said, he seems to have solved our goalscoring issues, but there's a hell of a lot of work to be done elsewhere.

McInnes' appointment is a long-term project that the club have invested in, we are changing things radically off the field and the surgery on the field is going to take time. He's by no means the saviour, but he's a good manager and he will prove this at City. Give him time. The club has needed an overhaul for years and years - McInnes is putting things in place but we can't change the mentality at this club in 12 months - he needs 3 years plus.

We need a long-term plan in place at this club or we'll keep lurching from one crisis to another.

As we all know, anyone can beat anyone in the Championship and the differences between clubs at either end of the table can sometimes be quite small.

IMO what we're dismally failing to do is those little things that tip the balance in your favour during a match. Last night, Burnley were pulling, pushing nudging and crowding our strikers at every opportunity to gain any kind of advantage. What do our defence do in turn? Stand off them and give them as much space as they want to play the game the way they want to.

It was the same all over the pitch and with it being so quiet last night, I'm sure I heard a couple of City players saying "after you sir" to their Burnley counterparts when going for a 50 50 challenge!!!

Joking aside, we're just so bloody sporting and gentlemanly out there and we must be everyone's dream to play against. Ok, we know there are some glaring weaknesses in the side, but I think one of the most serious of these is our mentality. When the differences between defeat and victory can be slight, we're practically losing before we enter the pitch because we are far too soft and we need to get a harder edge and quick.

Spot on, we are too nice and too soft - it's been a problem since Johnson left. The biggest weakness at City is the mentality of our players imo.

It's all irrelavent as it will get sorted. We are scoring many more goals so half of the job is done. We can tighten up without it affecting our number of goals that we score. We must keep faith. He will sort it out. It would be nice if people held back with the moans, groans and calls for his sacking.

Wow! I didn't realise it was that simple to stave off a relegation fight.

All these managers who have taken clubs down, obviously only needed your knowledge.

What I don't get is it will be sorted give him time philosophy.

End of last season we seemed to have sorted out our defence and were scoring regularly even 2 and 3 per game.

So we get to the summer and a bit of tweaking and we should of been mid table, we gut the squad and sign a few players good ones as well and for some reason we have gone backwards.

Most of the players we've signed are good but it seems we may of let some players go we shouldn't of and haven't replaced them. That is the managers fault and he should know our strength and weaknesses, it seems he doesn't know what our weaknesses are for they haven't been addressed, only thing I can think of is maybe we've signed good players but they are individuals not team players, that's why we seem to roll over.

Well I hope your right, but for your scenario to happen DMC has to realise where the problem actually lies and has led for 4/5 years, because I really believe he along with the past 2 managers seem to firmly believe that somewhere in a parallel universe Skuse and Elliott will suddenly become a competent midfield pairing or Skuse/Killkenny, Skuse/Pearson or if he's really desperate Skuse/Woolford. I will deliberately leave Morris out of the mix because not enough has been seen of him.

Its hard to blame some of our fans for feeling frustrated at McIness. Watching Charlie Austin sliding on his knees in front of the Atyeo last night left me wanting to throw up. I can understand loosing as I have spent many Sunday mornings being thrashed in the Regional league, however what i cant understand is players have no passion whatsoever. Our players looked totally uninterested last night, no leadership, just fear.

Archived