IGNORED

Part Of Me...

Jordan Tansley

Part of me wants the board to make a ridiculous reactionary decision and sack Derek.

The very same part of me wants that decision to backfire and for us to be relegated.

The same part of me wants Lansdowns response to be to pull out, and for the pipe dreams of our support of reaching the dizzy heights of the Prem to die.

The same part of me wants this club to become the shambles a large number of people who post on here deserve. I'm genuinely sick of reading this fickle, reactionary drivel. When did objectivity get banned? When did the big picture, the long term and patience stop being relevant?

Is it just a tragic insight into modern western society that a long term project is not worth waiting for unless there are extensive benefits straight away? Or are we just as embarrassingly fickle as the blue few?

If some of our 'fans' channeled just a small percentage of their passionate negativity into vocal support or constructive debate then this place would be much better for all.

This will no doubt fall on deaf ears, and result in a bollocking as it is of course everyone's right as a paying customer to be a mindless ****.

Part of me wants the board to make a ridiculous reactionary decision and sack Derek.

The very same part of me wants that decision to backfire and for us to be relegated.

The same part of me wants Lansdowns response to be to pull out, and for the pipe dreams of our support of reaching the dizzy heights of the Prem to die.

The same part of me wants this club to become the shambles a large number of people who post on here deserve. I'm genuinely sick of reading this fickle, reactionary drivel. When did objectivity get banned? When did the big picture, the long term and patience stop being relevant?

Is it just a tragic insight into modern western society that a long term project is not worth waiting for unless there are extensive benefits straight away? Or are we just as embarrassingly fickle as the blue few?

If some of our 'fans' channeled just a small percentage of their passionate negativity into vocal support or constructive debate then this place would be much better for all.

This will no doubt fall on deaf ears, and result in a bollocking as it is of course everyone's right as a paying customer to be a mindless ****.

:worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Quality post Jordan - this is also a much better place for my very own rant

The game against Millwall was worse I think. Players are spineless though, it's really hard to support them when THEY allow the opposition to take the game. Admittedly with the awarding of the penalty and it's eventual conversion, we got some of our guts back... but not much.

Agree, there was something there tonight, the atmosphere has been rubbish all season, we #packthegate with 14k ... that's embarrassing. The club can't seem to get anything right - fans just wont come and those that do won't sing until we either score to go only one goal behind or play like Barcelona

Good, the penalty decision was an absolute disgrace and a decision a child could have made.

We don't concede a ridiculous penalty, we don't chase the game and get caught on the break, we don't need our own soft penalty to get back into the game. We were as good as Burnley until that abysmal decision.

I think the referee deliberately ignored a much better shout for a penalty when Taylor was shoved at 3-2, having already given a penalty the referee looked at Taylor on the floor, didn't tell him to get up and didn't wave play on. Their left centre back had two hands on Taylor and pushed him as he met the ball. We got a very soft penalty though for a shirt pull which not many saw.

Apart from these two I just feel discusted with some fans' less than objective views aon the season so far. Look at reading last season, they couldn't see where their season was going to turn and it did, at Ashton Gate and they went on to win the league.

On other threads:

- Fans don't understand the Taylor switch, the man who has consistently won the ball and done his job all season, Davies was good but obviously not indespensable.

- Skuse wasn't MOM material for me but moaning about going sideways and backwards is so English, skuse was trying to do something about that and invariably lost the ball dinking it forwards.

- Joe Bryan was given no faith from anyone in red last night as his last input was to cross to an empty box because Davie and Baldock felt they needed to babysit him on the left.

- At risk of offending I thought Burnley were a cheap, tin pot outfit that wasted time all night, Austin is nothing more than an over hyped poacher, they did the job, just.

However, had that last goal not gone in, we wouldn't have half as much "woe is us" on the forum, I'm not saying b*ll*cks to opinion, there feels like there is no faith left on OTIB - Who still believes?

Yes we have a defence that is leaking lke a sponge at times, it'll take alot to plug it but at least we're scoring

General rant on a thread about atmosphere - I can't be arsed to start a new thread, I can't think of anything imaginative but I do reckon things would look a whole lot more positive if every thread posted since full time was merged where all and sundry could vent their frustrations at the club in general. Its soured by teams "we should be beating" getting up the table by grinding out results and no one's sure who should be being beaten anymore, this division is so tight and we are just the wrong side of the fight.

I don't like it and I will lump it for a few days at least

I will be there at Hull & Charlton & Blackpool and I will travel to Huddersfield and Birmingham, not with the optimism but at least with the hope that anything could happen

Okay, let's be objective. Three of our longest servants are in dire need of help and aren't getting it - they're having to deal with people who clearly aren't cut out for Championship football, our brightest prospects are being relied on to make plays out of thin air and people are too hesitant to pull the trigger on shots, or just plain can't shoot.

Those aren't debatable, they're cast-iron. 99% of the time Albert gets the ball he's expected to cut two people and make the cross. The whole division is wise to that and players around him are too interested in waiting for him to deliver instead of getting closer so he actually can. On that note, as a side we're really poor at off-ball movement. One thing I'd like to see is for one guy to get the ball and two people next to him - in any direction on the formation - move immediately for that player to make the play. Any two guys would be good, and mix the positions up enough to confuse the other team.

Liam Fontaine is suffering by himself and his own quality is sliding because of it, and he can't shoot for toffee. We've blamed Skuse for his midfield inconsistency but I had to feel with him as he had to f'ing carry Jody Morris last night. Louis didn't have much work to do on his side of the field as once again the left side of the defence was perforated easily, and it's there he and Liam need to plug holes.

Maybe it's not the gaffers that need to get angry. It's the people in red shirts.

Top post Jordan but how long do City have to wait? Think some of our older supporters must be even more disillusioned with the club at the moment. They've waited long enough. When you look at clubs like Palace, Reading, Fulham, Charlton-why do similar clubs (size) manage to do what we are apparently so desperate for?

I agree that McInnes is a long term placement, and we are moving in the right direction overall, i.e scoring goals, however, the central spine in this club is weak. Possibly through complacency, possibly through lack of ability, but it's been there for a long time. A previous poster mentioned the 'curse' of Bristol City, but there has to be some actual hard facts as to why this club underachieves so greatly.

The poor attendance last night, (and this can be applied to most clubs) is probably attributed to factors such as fuel costs, ticket prices and other financial stresses more than anything. It's been done to death but until the entire football league starts paying lower wages to footballers and lowers ticket prices further, attendances for these sorts of games are going to be poor.

A passionate and emotive post which will get a lot of praise from diehard fans.

But remove the emotion and what do you have? In your post, you say yourself "when did objectivity get banned?", but the whole point of objectivity is to assess the facts without it being clouded by emotion, which your post is full of.

Personally, I think there is a lot of objectivity shown in many posts on this forum, The problem is, the emotive fans among us who love the club with a passion and detest any criticism levelled at the club or its staff, think that some of the more succinct and objective posts are an attack on the club, when in reality, they are assessing the facts as they stand, stripped of emotive rhetoric.

Nobody, even the most diehard fan, can deny that the club is on the verge of a crisis and the outcome of that crisis will decide whether we grow stronger and move up the table and fail miserably and end up relegated which, in my opinon, would be a disaster.

Many of the so-called 'short-sighted critics' ARE seeing the long term view and assessing the facts and predicting the future they see by using the past history of the club. These are the same people that were shouted down when Johnson was living off his reputation at the end of his tenure, and those who said that Millen needed to go. Many are seeing McInnes travelling along a simlar path to Millen, a couple of years ago, when he simply didn't have a clue what team to put out and what tactics to employ.

My own opinion is that, now McInnes is there, he needs a little more time to try to turn things around, but I would not rule out bringing in a more experienced head (maybe a director of football?) to guide him and help him in his cause. At the end of the day, we all want Bristol City to be a success, we just have different opinions on how it should be done. It is ridiculous to take the view that those that criticise do not want what is best for the club - if they didn't care, they wouldn't bother to post.

Constructive debate?!! Read your last sentence again.......

A passionate and emotive post which will get a lot of praise from diehard fans.

But remove the emotion and what do you have? In your post, you say yourself "when did objectivity get banned?", but the whole point of objectivity is to assess the facts without it being clouded by emotion, which your post is full of.

Personally, I think there is a lot of objectivity shown in many posts on this forum, The problem is, the emotive fans among us who love the club with a passion and detest any criticism levelled at the club or its staff, think that some of the more succinct and objective posts are an attack on the club, when in reality, they are assessing the facts as they stand, stripped of emotive rhetoric.

Nobody, even the most diehard fan, can deny that the club is on the verge of a crisis and the outcome of that crisis will decide whether we grow stronger and move up the table and fail miserably and end up relegated which, in my opinon, would be a disaster.

Many of the so-called 'short-sighted critics' ARE seeing the long term view and assessing the facts and predicting the future they see by using the past history of the club. These are the same people that were shouted down when Johnson was living off his reputation at the end of his tenure, and those who said that Millen needed to go. Many are seeing McInnes travelling along a simlar path to Millen, a couple of years ago, when he simply didn't have a clue what team to put out and what tactics to employ.

My own opinion is that, now McInnes is there, he needs a little more time to try to turn things around, but I would not rule out bringing in a more experienced head (maybe a director of football?) to guide him and help him in his cause. At the end of the day, we all want Bristol City to be a success, we just have different opinions on how it should be done. It is ridiculous to take the view that those that criticise do not want what is best for the club - if they didn't care, they wouldn't bother to post.

Interesting paragrapgh here I got to say. The Director of Football shout is a dodgy one, I personally feel its to late to bring in one now and is a call that needs to be made when you take a new manager on. Bringing one in now could seriously undermine the manager and almost make him lose a bit of face.

It will be interesting to see how Dougie Freedman does at Bolton. Struggled at first at Palace, they bought Lawrence in and together they did a fantastic job. Im assuming Lawrence is still there now? I still say he was the main reason Trollope did so well at the Rovers.

Brilliant post but I genuinely believe some people on here are only happy if they are having a moan and being generally negative. We could be top of the league and they would still find something to moan about. Sadly I believe this will always be the case.

.......time of the month??

I completely agree, what ever happend to loyal supportive fans? I recognise Del isn't working wonders at the minute but I still think he's a top bloke, a grafter and a knowledgable manager with potential.. People were saying he's going to go far in the game and now people are calling him clueless? If we sacked him and he went onto become a top class manager in years to come people would say we should of kept him..

This club has gone downhill bigtime on and off the field and I hate to say it but overall as a club this division is too much for us. We haven't got the stadium, the attendances or the loyalty of supporters to become a success no matter who the manager is. IMO

I completely agree, what ever happend to loyal supportive fans? I recognise Del isn't working wonders at the minute but I still think he's a top bloke, a grafter and a knowledgable manager with potential.. People were saying he's going to go far in the game and now people are calling him clueless? If we sacked him and he went onto become a top class manager in years to come people would say we should of kept him..

This club has gone downhill bigtime on and off the field and I hate to say it but overall as a club this division is too much for us. We haven't got the stadium, the attendances or the loyalty of supporters to become a success no matter who the manager is. IMO

utter garbage.

Plenty of other similar size clubs in this division are coping very well. Barnsley, Palace, Millwall, Charlton etc.

As for the loyalty of our supporters, again...behave. OUr fans are just as loyal as the next. Even when Millen was in charge, until the Blackpool debacle...I never seen masses of fans calling for a managers head in the stadium. If your on about fans on this forum venting frustrations and anger....thats what a forum is best used for I believe. Not only that, it throws up lively debate.

You may not agree with fans who criticise the club, manager etc.....but on the flip side, I dont particularly agree with the fans who, almost act as a superior fan, just because they wont have a bad word said about anything to do with the club.

Del is a good manager, I believe that....but my personal opinion is that he has dropped some massive, massive clangers the last few months...

I do agree with you though when you say the club has gone down hill big time

Top post Jordan but how long do City have to wait? Think some of our older supporters must be even more disillusioned with the club at the moment. They've waited long enough. When you look at clubs like Palace, Reading, Fulham, Charlton-why do similar clubs (size) manage to do what we are apparently so desperate for?

I agree that McInnes is a long term placement, and we are moving in the right direction overall, i.e scoring goals, however, the central spine in this club is weak. Possibly through complacency, possibly through lack of ability, but it's been there for a long time. A previous poster mentioned the 'curse' of Bristol City, but there has to be some actual hard facts as to why this club underachieves so greatly.

The poor attendance last night, (and this can be applied to most clubs) is probably attributed to factors such as fuel costs, ticket prices and other financial stresses more than anything. It's been done to death but until the entire football league starts paying lower wages to footballers and lowers ticket prices further, attendances for these sorts of games are going to be poor.

It's not the waiting...it's the excuses and same old mistakes being made season after season that are frustrating.

Most of the supporters at our Club are of the older generation. You only have to see in their eyes and body language that they 'don't believe'. It's the same old...just under a new manager and playing staff.

Question JT, do you want the problem that has not been addressed in 4/5 years or by 3/4 managers to persist?, a problem whereby 3/4 successive manager feel that with the odd signing that BCFC have a midfield that is fit for purpose? and that during the 4/5 years Skuse and Elliott a serial failed partnership is still the number one preferred (when fit) combination?. I for one cannot believe that 3/4 managers have had the same opinion it dosen't make sense, especially when during that time week in and week out we are being overrun, outplayed and teams just play straight through us virtually unhindered.

I asked another question on another thread, when over the past 4/5 seasons have we completely dominated a game in midfield? and users could barely give 5 examples during that time frame.

Yes...you said people would stil moan even if we were top of the league. Your also saying that some people are "only happy if they are moaning"

Your talking boll*cks

No he isn't!

Can you honestly say hand on heart that even if we were top of the division, there wouldn't be people moaning that so and so is a weak link in the team and needs to be replaced if we want to get to the next level, why can't the manager see that, etc, etc?

I certainly wouldn't be willing to bet against that happening.

No he isn't!

Can you honestly say hand on heart that even if we were top of the division, there wouldn't be people moaning that so and so is a weak link in the team and needs to be replaced if we want to get to the next level, why can't the manager see that, etc, etc?

You talking bollocks aswell.

It's not the waiting...it's the excuses and same old mistakes being made season after season that are frustrating.

Most of the supporters at our Club are of the older generation. You only have to see in their eyes and body language that they 'don't believe'. It's the same old...just under a new manager and playing staff.

These are the fans I feel sorry for - the life long season ticket holders who's commitment cannot be questioned, it must be like being a serial funeral crasher, so in a way the result is bound to be compulsive negativity whereby everything seems sh!te, like the opposite to rose tinted glasses.

The fact is though for the 90 minutes or so when at ashton gate this type of fan must become an actor. The negativity (booing/moaning even the non-believing) must be shaken off and getting behind the team as a priority should come second only to breathing. People have suggested that the game was already lost before it started with the crowd last night, surely this needs to change. Why does it have to be the players responsibility to lift the crowd, surely that type of thing works both ways?

I haven't been a season ticket holder for a long time but after reading the negative stuff on here, I want to go on Saturday and give my bit of support to a team that is struggling for form but can turn it around. Its times like this when the club needs us the most. We are crying out for a bit of stability and getting rid of Derek won't help.

These are the fans I feel sorry for - the life long season ticket holders who's commitment cannot be questioned, it must be like being a serial funeral crasher, so in a way the result is bound to be compulsive negativity whereby everything seems sh!te, like the opposite to rose tinted glasses.

The fact is though for the 90 minutes or so when at ashton gate this type of fan must become an actor. The negativity (booing/moaning even the non-believing) must be shaken off and getting behind the team as a priority should come second only to breathing. People have suggested that the game was already lost before it started with the crowd last night, surely this needs to change. Why does it have to be the players responsibility to lift the crowd, surely that type of thing works both ways?

I haven't been a season ticket holder for a long time but after reading the negative stuff on here, I want to go on Saturday and give my bit of support to a team that is struggling for form but can turn it around. Its times like this when the club needs us the most. We are crying out for a bit of stability and getting rid of Derek won't help.

You've put your finger on one of the main reasons why crowds are so small for a city the size of Bristol.

You'll probably find that for every disillusioned older fan who still attends games, there are probably dozens who have watched City over the years, who just don't turn up any more. I can't be bothered to look it up, but there can't be many clubs with such a p**s poor record for lack of success that we 'enjoy', either in league or cup. I suppose one of the few that can 'better' that record has to be the sags, so says it all about Bristol football I guess!

Clubs with more regular success can retain more of the older supporters, who will then introduce their children or grandchildren and therefore keep supporter numbers up, or even increase them. I bet we can all name many people who have followed City over the years, but they now just keep an eye out for our results, rather than attend games.

I think that was why our gates didn't swell during our promising start to the season, when many of us older fans have been there so many times before and seen so many false dawns, only to quickly slide back into mediocrity yet again.

This apathetic mentality will never change unless we somehow manage to achieve some level of success. Unfortunately the older you get, the harder it is to hold on to the hope that this will ever happen, when past history seems to indicate it never will.

No he isn't!

There's a difference between moaning and voicing opinions. For example, say we were top of the league, me saying "I still think we need another centre half as I believe Carey to be past his best"....is hardly moaning. Its just my opinion. I wouldn't be moaning about Carey, just debating what I think.

I'm moaning now about our current state of affairs, but I'm not "happy to moan about it".

People are moaning now because we want to know how much longer do we have to wait for our defence and midfield to be sorted? It's been to long....and were in danger of wasting another season

You've put your finger on one of the main reasons why crowds are so small for a city the size of Bristol.

You'll probably find that for every disillusioned older fan who still attends games, there are probably dozens who have watched City over the years, who just don't turn up any more. I can't be bothered to look it up, but there can't be many clubs with such a p**s poor record for lack of success that we 'enjoy', either in league or cup. I suppose one of the few that can 'better' that record has to be the sags, so says it all about Bristol football I guess!

Clubs with more regular success can retain more of the older supporters, who will then introduce their children or grandchildren and therefore keep supporter numbers up, or even increase them. I bet we can all name many people who have followed City over the years, but they now just keep an eye out for our results, rather than attend games.

I think that was why our gates didn't swell during our promising start to the season, when many of us older fans have been there so many times before and seen so many false dawns, only to quickly slide back into mediocrity yet again.

This apathetic mentality will never change unless we somehow manage to achieve some level of success. Unfortunately the older you get, the harder it is to hold on to the hope that this will ever happen, when past history seems to indicate it never will.

Quite - I do feel sorry for those fans who never experienced the heady days of the late 70s. They've been fed on so much mediocrity since then they think it's the norm. Maybe that's the reason why the older fans are so reticent about supporting the team as you say - nothing compares to that period. You even get fans saying that this is the clubs station in life, and to be satisified supporting a mediocre, backwater club. Well, try telling that to Alan Dicks and the players who took this club to the top tier.

There's a difference between moaning and voicing opinions. For example, say we were top of the league, me saying "I still think we need another centre half as I believe Carey to be past his best"....is hardly moaning. Its just my opinion. I wouldn't be moaning about Carey, just debating what I think.

I'm moaning now about our current state of affairs, but I'm not "happy to moan about it".

People are moaning now because we want to know how much longer do we have to wait for our defence and midfield to be sorted? It's been to long....and were in danger of wasting another season

Fair point but where does making a point end and moaning begin?

I think maybe a better description would be that there would be some fans who would never be completely happy, whatever our level of success.

Saying that, you could probably level that accusation at some supporters at every other club in the country.

In the end, our supporters are no different to anyone else.

Archived