IGNORED

Mcinnes Support.

marmite

To all those calling for Mcinnes to leave, wake up and smell the coffee. I've posted on another thread that we are not far off getting it right. A terrible run of injuries and a lack of back four confidence has cost us dear. We have given some very good teams a run for their money so far and a little bit better defending could have seen us comfortable mid table. Del is doing his best to get the right team together and he needs our full support. Lets give him a good ovation tomorrow and let him know we are behind him in his efforts. If we were to change managers now, all Dels signings would become a new managers deadwood. We've been down that road too many times before. I will stand and cheer him tomorrow. Join in and let him know we believe in him.

To all those calling for Mcinnes to leave, wake up and smell the coffee. I've posted on another thread that we are not far off getting it right. A terrible run of injuries and a lack of back four confidence has cost us dear. We have given some very good teams a run for their money so far and a little bit better defending could have seen us comfortable mid table. Del is doing his best to get the right team together and he needs our full support. Lets give him a good ovation tomorrow and let him know we are behind him in his efforts. If we were to change managers now, all Dels signings would become a new managers deadwood. We've been down that road too many times before. I will stand and cheer him tomorrow. Join in and let him know we believe in him.

still 100% behind him as well mate. Good post.

its only the minority and they aren't even that vocal,

everyone knows our problem and no one has suggested a solution to it we need a battleing midfilder to which people suggest Cisse who turned us down because he won't take a pay-cut so the club can live with in its means

No one has suggested a right sided midfielder who is available

no one has suggested another manager who could do better

everyone knows our problem and no one has suggested a solution to it we need a battleing midfilder to which people suggest Cisse who turned us down because he won't take a pay-cut so the club can live with in its means

I assume you mean defender rather than midfielder?

In the same respect... Del is on a very short contract and could just leave at the end of it...then where would we be?

A new manager... New players etc,etc...

Ok...we've been hit by injuries...but we are shored up by Loans again. Caulker and Spence and the blonde haired dude from Man City before... it's just bloody ongoing.

I'm fed up of following a team through a season made up of Loan signings.

How is that developing the team?

We haven't shored up our CB's or CM with good enough players.

If you don't pay the money in this league you struggle...it's as simple as that.

The problem has been there for the past 3yrs, if supporters can notice the missing links, so can a manager.

So there is NO excuses to why these positions have not been filled, without bringing in loans.

i am not anti Mcinnes but even his tinkering with team needs to be looked at.

Ok if you don't try you dont learn, but surely this is what should be done at training?

Here, here

Crikey, is every thread going to go this way again until we win a few in a row? :surrender:

There are clear differences of opinion about Del at the moment. I think just about everything that can be said, on both sides, has been said in the last 72 hours.

The OP is planning to show his support, and invites anyone who fells similarly to join him. End of.

In the same respect... Del is on a very short contract and could just leave at the end of it...then where would we be?

A new manager... New players etc,etc...

Ok...we've been hit by injuries...but we are shored up by Loans again. Caulker and Spence and the blonde haired dude from Man City before... it's just bloody ongoing.

I'm fed up of following a team through a season made up of Loan signings.

How is that developing the team?

We haven't shored up our CB's or CM with good enough players.

If you don't pay the money in this league you struggle...it's as simple as that.

I'm sure Del doesn't WANT to rely on loan signings, but he is having to at the moment as a short term fix.

It may have escaped your attention, but we had no left backs at the end of the season. Del brought one in - and a bloody good one at that. Injury meant that we had to look at the loan market to cover this, as we don't have another left back at the club good enough to play there at the moment. An injury to that loanee unfortunately meant we had to get another loanee. This isn't Del's fault, it because over numerous years our academy has not produced players able to step up.

We had a shortage of right backs when Del took over. He's brought in 2 on permanent contracts (Foster & Wilson).

We need centre backs and god knows Del has tried. Monk, Amougou, Keogh and no doubt numerous others were approached for a permanent transfer. Sadly, and for varying reasons none of these worked out. So we've had to look at the loan market again.

In 1 year Del has strengthened 6 positions (GK, LB, RB, LW, ST, ST). It will take time to revolutionise the WHOLE squad and so whilst that rebuilding process is ongoing, loans will be necessary as short-term fixes.

Once we get a decent academy set-up that can produce players ready for Championship football then we may not need to be reliant on the loan market. I'm sorry to disappoint, but Del is not able to magic up a whole squad of new players, (2 for each position to cover injuries), within 1 year. What he's done so far is good enough for me, and I'll wait for the next transfer window to see what other permanent signings he can muster up (which will no doubt be attempting to target permanent CB's and CM's).

WE ARE DO NOT HAVE AN INJURY CRISIS, 3 PEOPLE INJURED IS NOT A VALID EXCUSE FOR OUR FAILINGS..

WE ALSO DO NOT HAVE A LOW BUDGET, SPENDING £2M+ THIS SUMMER DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE FINANCIALLY STRICKEN

now thats two excuses out the way? anymore??

Cunningham, Elokobi, Fontaine, Elliot, Kilkenny. I count 5 out injured. I'm not suggesting this is a crisis but 3 of those are defenders and two are CMs. These are our two weakest positions, so injuries are more damaging here than if, say, a striker got injured, where we have more strength in depth.

On the point about finances, remember we sold Maynard for near £2m in January and lost a lot of big earners at the end of last season. Add to that the upcoming Financial Fair Play regulations and suddenly Lansdown's pockets don't look quite as deep, do they?

WE ARE DO NOT HAVE AN INJURY CRISIS, 3 PEOPLE INJURED IS NOT A VALID EXCUSE FOR OUR FAILINGS..

WE ALSO DO NOT HAVE A LOW BUDGET, SPENDING £2M+ THIS SUMMER DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE FINANCIALLY STRICKEN

now thats two excuses out the way? anymore??

Call it what you want, its a reason we are not doing so well, is the Gaffer in the dock? :surrender:

he brought it good players, Baldock, Davies, Cunningham, we didn't sell Adomah, Are you trying to imply there there is money in the pot and its not being spent?

Who is holding out on us, why did it not get spent then? I feel betrayed :crying:

Call it what you want, its a reason we are not doing so well, is the Gaffer in the dock? :surrender:

he brought it good players, Baldock, Davies, Cunningham, we didn't sell Adomah, Are you trying to imply there there is money in the pot and its not being spent?

Who is holding out on us, why did it not get spent then? I feel betrayed :crying:

no, i'm making the point where fans who are looking for any excuss think dels on a shoe string budget

Still cheering I hope :laugh:

Archived