IGNORED

Our Leaders Credentials?

Rich

What credentials do the people at the top have, to run a football club?

Ok I'll start.

Mr Lansdown senior. Seems to like football (or his family) enough to pour loads of money into the club but, also embraces rugby and cricket, I don't know if that's a positive or negative.

The Chairman Graham Dawe (I think). Don't know anything about him and never hear from him. Don't know if he knows anything about football, worrying.

Guy Price. See above. Nice enough chap but does he make decisions with the benefit of a knowledge of football which would prove beneficial to the team?,

Jon Lansdown. Passionate about the club.

These people make the appointments and take the decisions. The decisions they make affect the football club, it's supporters and ultimately the team. For example; It has been decided to replace the ballboys with academy members, presumably this was done because the previous ballboys were receiving free entry to the matches in return for their services.

Members of staff have been sacked to save money, resulting in ill feeling and disgruntled fans that are no longer receiving the same level of service.

Now then, if all decisions are being taken in an attempt to save money it will only result in the lowering of standards to those affected areas.

If we previously had enthusiastic ballboys for example, that were there because they wanted to be, they might be more aware of the situation on the pitch and actually assist our team by returning the ball quickly or slowly depending on the situation, we now have a situation where the ballboys don't appear to be interested, or are missing and any impetus is being disrupted.

We have staff members that were also supporters, enthusiastic and used to help, which have been replaced or not as the case may be, to save money.

I know we're in tough times but, sometimes decisions have to be made to help the team and actually show the fans that things are going in the right direction.

I'm certain that there have been some terrible decisions and terrible apointments because of the lack of football knowledge, decisions need to be made with a view to what's best for the team to create success, rather than to save a few bob.

I know SL is a succesful or wealthy businessman due to his accountancy skills but, was it his more bullish partner making the correct decisons and appointments which paved the way to his success/wealth?

Discuss and feel free to give examples of poor decision making by the people running our club.

Oh I have done over the past 3 or 4 seasons, even when Steve L was in charge. Seems you are not allowed to, and get shouted down :)

Sounds like a customer services department, which as we all know, is a department to nullify complaints directed at a company that you cannot get inside of. Ultimately, it claims this also shows how good they are and that if there are no complaints, then the goods provided must be ok.

It's a bit like closing down or restricting access to police stations for the public. This results in a drop in crimes recorded, so must mean a drop in crime.

Ok I'll start.

Mr Lansdown senior. Seems to like football (or his family) enough to pour loads of money into the club but, also embraces rugby and cricket, I don't know if that's a positive or negative.

The Chairman Graham Dawe (I think). Don't know anything about him and never hear from him. Don't know if he knows anything about football, worrying.

Guy Price. See above. Nice enough chap but does he make decisions with the benefit of a knowledge of football which would prove beneficial to the team?,

These people make the appointments and take the decisions. The decisions they make affect the football club, it's supporters and ultimately the team. For example; It has been decided to replace the ballboys with academy members, presumably this was done because the previous ballboys were receiving free entry to the matches in return for their services.

Members of staff have been sacked to save money, resulting in ill feeling and disgruntled fans that are no longer receiving the same level of service.

Now then, if all decisions are being taken in an attempt to save money it will only result in the lowering of standards to those affected areas.

If we previously had enthusiastic ballboys for example, that were there because they wanted to be, they might be more aware of the situation on the pitch and actually assist our team by returning the ball quickly or slowly depending on the situation, we now have a situation where the ballboys don't appear to be interested, or are missing and any impetus is being disrupted.

We have staff members that were also supporters, enthusiastic and used to help, which have been replaced or not as the case may be, to save money.

I know we're in tough times but, sometimes decisions have to be made to help the team and actually show the fans that things are going in the right direction.

I'm certain that there have been some terrible decisions and terrible apointments because of the lack of football knowledge, decisions need to be made with a view to what's best for the team to create success, rather than to save a few bob.

I know SL is a succesful or wealthy businessman due to his accountancy skills but, was it his more bullish partner making the correct decisons and appointments which paved the way to his success/wealth?

Discuss and feel free to give examples of poor decision making by the people running our club.

Blimey...someone questioning our board and owner... at last!!!

Ok I'll start.

Kevin Smith is a board member? He does have a background in football. Supports Southampton. Also a very poor communicator.

Kevin Smith is a board member? He does have a background in football. Supports Southampton. Also a very poor communicator.

So who appointed this man and on what grounds? Is he making decisions to benefit BCFC and the team, or just doing a hatchet job to save money?

I do not know who appointed him. If he was visible fans could answer your question.

I know he was instrumental in making my sister in law and others redundant.

Somewhere along the way, decisions have to be taken with the football side of things taken into account, the goodwill of supporters and employees and the effect these decisions have on the overall well being of the club, not just to save a few quid to be wasted on a players wages, who might or most probably might not, be worth it.

It appears that the club are distancing itself from the real fans, while paying lip service to fans needs via the media with so called community programmes.

I sit next to a very good supporter of this club, he has a disabled relative that attends AG with him. He has been battling for a long time with a genuine grievance concerning his view being impeded by players warming up, linesmen and stewards.

Both these supporters attend all home and away games, yet I sense it won't be for much longer because of how they are treated. These people could quite easily be accomodated in the williams stand, giving them a good view but those at the helm are probably worried that the club might lose a few seats.

Yesterday the club made an announcement about how they would not tolerate predjudice, yet do nothing about this predjudism.

Somewhere along the way, decisions have to be taken with the football side of things taken into account, the goodwill of supporters and employees and the effect these decisions have on the overall well being of the club, not just to save a few quid to be wasted on a players wages, who might or most probably might not, be worth it.

It appears that the club are distancing itself from the real fans, while paying lip service to fans needs via the media with so called community programmes.

I sit next to a very good supporter of this club, he has a disabled relative that attends AG with him. He has been battling for a long time with a genuine grievance concerning his view being impeded by players warming up, linesmen and stewards.

Both these supporters attend all home and away games, yet I sense it won't be for much longer because of how they are treated. These people could quite easily be accomodated in the williams stand, giving them a good view but those at the helm are probably worried that the club might lose a few seats.

Yesterday the club made an announcement about how they would not tolerate predjudice, yet do nothing about this predjudism.

Fans in the EE got in touch with teh club about spending another lump on flags for the big flag displays in the stand. Club said it was ok but after fans spent a grand plus the space was sold off for advertising. The commercial director did not even bother to contact fans. EE is now far less colourful and something maybe unique to city is gone.

My personal opinion is that the club should be one very large community and not every decision quantified on a spreadsheet. The club looking for improvements and revenue can be viewed as short sighted, even ignorant.

Good PR, creates goodwill, which creates income. Good staff around the club likewise.

I started this thread to try and find out if anyone at the top of this club knows football inside out. I want to know that people are making decisions which will help our team to win matches.

At the moment it seems that all decisions are taken with the intention of saving money. I want decisions that are made to have a positive effect on our team which improves the chance of them winning.

At the moment we are too nice throughout the club, extending a warm welcome and easy three points for the opposition.

We obligingly move the goalkeepers warming up area, because evidently they were suffering a bit of verbal in front of the EE.

We have ballboys that aren't interested in helping the team.

We position our fans in the worst section of the EE.

We as a club don't do all we can to win matches, is that because we as a club are not as strong willed as others, because of a perceived weakness from on high?

Unfortunately Rich you are bang on about the saving money part.The problem is I believe other clubs will go to the wall and the measures the club are taking may or may not ensure we are not one of them.Only time will tell.That is the way of the world at the moment not just football.

Unfortunately Rich you are bang on about the saving money part.The problem is I believe other clubs will go to the wall and the measures the club are taking may or may not ensure we are not one of them.Only time will tell.That is the way of the world at the moment not just football.

Sadly we are losing matches and subsequently losing support, which is money, That in itself is a major reason to give as much emphasis to the assistance of the team when making decisions.

The way of the world is being dictated by faceless individuals, probably accountancy trained, while those on the front line suffer the effects of their decisions.

My sister in law had a season ticket along with her salary, it was used for every match, along with two young fans in tow. They used to buy drinks and food, before and after the match. One salary saved, three supporters and their voices, along with other revenue lost, great decision.

I wonder if our club are made as welcome at other grounds, or do they suffer abuse, cold showers, threats from the dugouts, awkward ballboys, poor views?

I agree with your points Rich and sympathise with your sister.I have been laid off twice and things aren't looking too rosey now.The fall in attendances is not helping and the teams performances of late must be a factor,however even if we were playing champagne football and winning regularly I wonder if the gate receipts would rise dramatically.Poor attendances are a problem to many clubs even some Premier League teams.Hope something turns up for your sister in law.

I agree with your points Rich and sympathise with your sister.I have been laid off twice and things aren't looking too rosey now.The fall in attendances is not helping and the teams performances of late must be a factor,however even if we were playing champagne football and winning regularly I wonder if the gate receipts would rise dramatically.Poor attendances are a problem to many clubs even some Premier League teams.Hope something turns up for your sister in law.

She is a good person to employ, hard working and loyal, she got a job straight away.

I have to say that if we were doing reasonably well, our gates would probably be 2k up on now, £40k a match is some loss.

Glad she is sorted mate.Be interesting to know how big our gates would need to be for us to turn a profit.

Im guessing around the 18k mark for a reasonable profit

and the 15k mark for a profit as many buy drinks and food during the game.

Lower the prices to what they were 10 years ago fans will come back and more money could be made on refreshments as they wouldnt seem to be so steep as your paying less for your tickets

Archived