IGNORED

The Master Tactician

Timbo7

A centre-forward on both wings - and two/three (including our greatest talent and a recent DM signing) wingers on the bench

A (limited) right-back and a left-sided wide player in the centre of midfield - and two (including a recent DM signing) midfielders on the bench

Not sure this has been tried before by anyone anywhere

Reminds me of a game at Tranmere in the early 90's when Denis Smith finished a game with four centre-halves and five centre-forwards on the park - No that didn't work either

Anybody else think DM is just too clever for humble Bristol City??

I have to say yesterday's line up shook my confidence. 433 with 3 strikers, a right back in central midfield, two left footed centre halves, and our best two players inexplicably on the bench. Then we switch to 442 playing a right back on the right wing and a centre forward on the left wing. All the while we've got the best right winger in the division sat on his arse and two left wingers on the bench. And then it emerges two players in the XI were so ill they were vomiting at half time... seriously WTF?

I don't know what kind of drugs the management team must have spent the week snorting to convince themselves that this utter farce was a plan but they better ******* lay off them from now on if they want support. Play players in the correct positions, stop chopping and changing willy nilly for no ******* reason whatsoever and stop trying to be clever. Back to basics McInnes or you will get fired and make us a laughing stock again.

I have to say yesterday's line up shook my confidence. 433 with 3 strikers, a right back in central midfield, two left footed centre halves, and our best two players inexplicably on the bench. Then we switch to 442 playing a right back on the right wing and a centre forward on the left wing. All the while we've got the best right winger in the division sat on his arse and two left wingers on the bench. And then it emerges two players in the XI were so ill they were vomiting at half time... seriously WTF?

I don't know what kind of drugs the management team must have spent the week snorting to convince themselves that this utter farce was a plan but they better ******* lay off them from now on if they want support. Play players in the correct positions, stop chopping and changing willy nilly for no ******* reason whatsoever and stop trying to be clever. Back to basics McInnes or you will get fired and make us a laughing stock again.

Spot on; another football scientist... just what the world does not need.

Bang on the money with that.

Hopefully someone is having a quiet word in his ear this morning about it. It stank of desperation and trying to be all clever about being in charge of team affairs, in reality it was a pigs ear and not necessary.

Really felt with the three tall lads in the middle we were crying out to get down the flanks , afraid we failed dismally in this task . Foster particularly seemed reluctant to get down the wing whether by instruction or choice,

Im inclined to believe the 'sickness bug' excuse ,,,,,we did look incredibly lethargic at times.

Full credit to Hull who were very quick to the ball and defended in packs .they really did look like they had fifteen players on the pitch at times,

Note i did not see the first 35 mins courtesy of my forgettfulness and jobsworth security.

oh yeh .....Ryan Taylor had a good game..............ish.

A centre-forward on both wings - and two/three (including our greatest talent and a recent DM signing) wingers on the bench

A (limited) right-back and a left-sided wide player in the centre of midfield - and two (including a recent DM signing) midfielders on the bench

Not sure this has been tried before by anyone anywhere

Reminds me of a game at Tranmere in the early 90's when Denis Smith finished a game with four centre-halves and five centre-forwards on the park - No that didn't work either

Anybody else think DM is just too clever for humble Bristol City??

I am a bit old fashioned but surely McInnes should be picking our best players in their best position on a regular basis and get some continuity in the team. It seems that it is all change every game.Admittedly he has had to contend with injury but surely his continued "tactical changes" are contributing to the team playing like strangers and failing to make best use of our resources.

I think you are being somewhat simplistic here.

"3 strikers" - I have no problem with 4-3-3 with say, Davies, Baldock, Taylor. That looks quite appealing and has 3 strikers.

"right back in central midfield" - this was the one that really bemused me! I guess that Morris, Kilkenny just aren't available.

"two left footed centre halves" - for a change, I thought that the centre halves didn't look like the weak point (a.k.a. Fontaine wasn't playing). I guess again that Del went with the players available to him.

"best two players on the bench" - agreed with Baldock as I said above but I'm guessing Del wanted some height in the team, the lack of which, Burnley seriously exploited on Tuesday. Do you think Albert was our best player when he came on? He occasionally needs a rocket where the sun don't shine as he thinks old "Ferrari feet" is a lot better than he is. He again spent 10 minutes ambling about achieving nothing. I always thought he was tired around 70mins and takes a breather but after yesterday I assume he is superstitious about the 70-80 mins period...

The lineup was strange and maybe Del is guilty of over-thinking it but I also suspect that some of the decisions were forced upon him.

I think you are being somewhat simplistic here.

"3 strikers" - I have no problem with 4-3-3 with say, Davies, Baldock, Taylor. That looks quite appealing and has 3 strikers.

"right back in central midfield" - this was the one that really bemused me! I guess that Morris, Kilkenny just aren't available.

"two left footed centre halves" - for a change, I thought that the centre halves didn't look like the weak point (a.k.a. Fontaine wasn't playing). I guess again that Del went with the players available to him.

"best two players on the bench" - agreed with Baldock as I said above but I'm guessing Del wanted some height in the team, the lack of which, Burnley seriously exploited on Tuesday. Do you think Albert was our best player when he came on? He occasionally needs a rocket where the sun don't shine as he thinks old "Ferrari feet" is a lot better than he is. He again spent 10 minutes ambling about achieving nothing. I always thought he was tired around 70mins and takes a breather but after yesterday I assume he is superstitious about the 70-80 mins period...

The lineup was strange and maybe Del is guilty of over-thinking it but I also suspect that some of the decisions were forced upon him.

Well, I think Albert's our best player and anybody coming on for 20 minutes has a tough time getting into a game, particularly when all we're doing is hoofing. Yes he does look like he needs a rocket sometimes, but I think we'd have been far better with him on the pitch from the start.

I don't ever think there's a reason to play three strikers from the start, you end up with a complete lack of width and nobody wanting the ball in midfield so it goes long, as we saw yesterday and also as we saw when Johnson tried the same. It's OK when you're Man U and you've got Rooney and other versatile players who can play wide, but none of our five strikers are going to be effective that way.

I'm not sure anything other than possibly the centre halves were forced on him and even then, were Wilson and Carey both injured? Rather one of them than Nyatanga. We were cut wide open for their first and truthfully Hull had the chances to score four or five - it was poor finishing that stopped it from being a far worse defeat IMO. Hull weren't even a very good side as far as I could see.

I am a bit old fashioned but surely McInnes should be picking our best players in their best position on a regular basis and get some continuity in the team. It seems that it is all change every game.Admittedly he has had to contend with injury but surely his continued "tactical changes" are contributing to the team playing like strangers and failing to make best use of our resources.

Completely agree, he should revert as close as possible to the team that beat Palace and Cardiff and look to fill in the weak positions. We should continue with the same team and formation so that everyone knows their own jobs and it gets drilled into them. IMO footballers are thick in general (although there are exceptions to the rule i.e. Glenn Pennyfather) and need to be told what to do over and over again, that's why these task master managers get some success.

Yeh, sure we lose a few along the way, but if play to our own strengths were likely to get better and learn the weaknesses to our game - yesterday we didn't learn a lot apart from it doesn't work !!

Tbh... Does anyone else feel there is a bit of unrest in our squad?

Some of the body language recently has pointed towards that.

Pitman especially.

Is Del trying to keep everyone happy by chopping and changing?

It does seem he is using the whole squad.

We've definately got too many Strikers of similar ability that must be chomping at the bit.

I'd have Baldock and Davies as first choice everyweek.

Stead, Taylor, Pitman...would they be happy playing bit part cameos every week...?

Perhaps that's the problem...

Tbh... Does anyone else feel there is a bit of unrest in our squad?

Some of the body language recently has pointed towards that.

Pitman especially.

Is Del trying to keep everyone happy by chopping and changing?

It does seem he is using the whole squad.

We've definately got too many Strikers of similar ability that must be chomping at the bit.

I'd have Baldock and Davies as first choice everyweek.

Stead, Taylor, Pitman...would they be happy playing bit part cameos every week...?

Perhaps that's the problem...

I've heard rumours of one player being unhappy with certain things and is looking to leave ASAP - but it's only that....a rumour.

Wouldn't surprise me though, especially with what happened with Bolaise.

Archived