IGNORED

Today's Games

Super

I watched a Champions league game he refereed in midweek, ( can't remember who was playing) Clattenberg got total respect from all the players in that game.

It's a shame that the overpaid cheats in the prem can't be the same.

There's another thread on this forum at the moment about falling out of love with the game, the Chelsea man utd game has made me realise that I am feeling the same.

Horrible game,horrible crowd and a bunch of cheats playing.

Did anyone notice Clattenburg had his ManUre shirt underneath his official kit.

Cheating, scummy, Northern ********.

BCAGFC

or even more importantly did anyone notice the missiles being thrown by Chelsea fans after manu's winner, which caused a Chelsea steward to injure himself and being carted off to hospital?.

Bad tempered cockney *****.

or even more importantly did anyone notice the missiles being thrown by Chelsea fans after manu's winner, which caused a Chelsea steward to injure himself and being carted off to hospital?.

Bad tempered cockney *****.

Out of order that but if the ref doesn't make mistakes....everyone is happy.

BCAGFC

So let me get this correct, you are saying that 'any contact' is a foul?, you are further saying that to enhance a players claim to a foul he is entitled to go down, even if the contact is totally insufficient to actually make him go down in reality?.

and put into a nutshell, a player makes an honest attempt to win the ball, the opposing player feels minimal contact and to enhance his chances of winning a foul he dives through the air and also enhancing the chances of an opponent being sent off and who is the cheat?.

As long as the ball isn't won then any contact is a foul, doesn't matter if went for ball or not. Fouls a foul, if player makes it worse then that is wrong but if you don't win ball it's a foul, how can it not be.

How many times have people said he was fouled but if he went down that would of been a penalty. Why should they go down they were fouled.

Think Colina come out of retirement and set up a referee training school, he ALWAYS had respect from players.

Too big a game for Clattenburg today, he should be reffering in the Regional Sunday League on that performance........totally out of his depth.

BCAGFC

I watched a Champions league game he refereed in midweek, ( can't remember who was playing) Clattenberg got total respect from all the players in that game.

It's a shame that the overpaid cheats in the prem can't be the same.

There's another thread on this forum at the moment about falling out of love with the game, the Chelsea man utd game has made me realise that I am feeling the same.

Horrible game,horrible crowd and a bunch of cheats playing.

Not all players in the top are flight are cheats. Horrible crowd? Think things were a lot worse 30 years ago. Plus it was actually quite a decent game.

As long as the ball isn't won then any contact is a foul, doesn't matter if went for ball or not. Fouls a foul, if player makes it worse then that is wrong but if you don't win ball it's a foul, how can it not be.

How many times have people said he was fouled but if he went down that would of been a penalty. Why should they go down they were fouled.

if a player goes down under the circumstances you describe, he is cheating end of and if because of that cheating a fellow professional is booked or sent off, he is then a disgrace to the game and his fellow professionals, if a player does not go down because the contact was insufficient to send him tumbling, he is described by fellow professionals as being 'an honest pro', get the difference?.

Think Colina come out of retirement and set up a referee training school, he ALWAYS had respect from players.

Too big a game for Clattenburg today, he should be reffering in the Regional Sunday League on that performance........totally out of his depth.

BCAGFC

Colina should neer have been put out to Grass. The bloke as Refs go was a legend, firm but fair, didn't get much wrong.

Paul Durkin always used to officiate well when I saw him reffing at the gate,

Out of order that but if the ref doesn't make mistakes....everyone is happy.

BCAGFC

Well I suggest you sign up to become a referee straight away, because I suppose you saw the 'mistakes' in real time without the benefit of a dozen camera angles, you are just the sort of referee that's needed, or maybe just a disgruntled Chelski fan or just a Manu hater.

So you want a perfect world

Never gonna get a perfect world in football unless we go NFL style.

40k fans & millions of TV viewers saw that Evans had made contact (however slight) with Torres, it didn't help that FT made the most of it but at the end of the day it was a foul and stopped him reaching the ball.

The ref should have either played on or sent Evans off.

BCAGFC

The lessons to take from this are:

1) Stay on your feet if you can even if some dumb as a brick pundits think you're entitled to go down just because there "was contact"

2) Fergie must give out lovely Xmas presents

3) Don't give the ref abuse about a mistake until you get through 90 minutes without making one

The only good result from the game at Stamford Bridge today would have been some sort of localized earthquake that swallowed both teams and most of Sky TV.

Never gonna get a perfect world in football unless we go NFL style.

40k fans & millions of TV viewers saw that Evans had made contact (however slight) with Torres, it didn't help that FT made the most of it but at the end of the day it was a foul and stopped him reaching the ball.

The ref should have either played on or sent Evans off.

BCAGFC

There's only 2 people that know for sure, but if Torres was touched then it would have been on his foot, why then did he roll on the floor clutching his knee/shinpad. It's laughable, he got what he deserved, he's a cheat, like a lot of them.

The only person on the pitch that didn't go on that pitch to cheat,was the referee.

There's only 2 people that know for sure, but if Torres was touched then it would have been on his foot, why then did he roll on the floor clutching his knee/shinpad. It's laughable, he got what he deserved, he's a cheat, like a lot of them.

The only person on the pitch that didn't go on that pitch to cheat,was the referee.

You could argue Torres could/should have been sent off for his assault on Cleverly and shouldn't have even been on the pitch up until that point.

From Graham Poll today which clears it up:

Fifa instruct referees if any contact between players, you cannot caution for simulation. Mark is a top referee, He refereed the Olympic final in the summer. Categorically, whether we think law is right or wrong, Torres should not have been cautioned

Whilst I have no soft spot for any Prem team and though I do like Di Matteo,I can't believe how horrible a club Chelsea have become.Characters like Terry and Cole and Drogba when he was there,now Torres diving.I know they are far from the only club doing this and I know that it has brought them success,but I genuinely would rather watch what we have to put up with than players who are self obsessed con men.It seems that as long as they get three points nothing else matters.Sadly our national team is also heading in the same direction.

From Graham Poll today which clears it up:

Fifa instruct referees if any contact between players, you cannot caution for simulation. Mark is a top referee, He refereed the Olympic final in the summer. Categorically, whether we think law is right or wrong, Torres should not have been cautioned

I suspect somewhere in that interpretation there should also be one very important caveat, 'if the referee see's it'.

Archived