IGNORED

Akos Buzsaky

atyeoboy17

Wonder why the board never backed Del on this?

Without looking... apart from Elokobi on loan and Kilkenny, everyone of our players is British. Open to correction.

Which is quiet unusual in this day and age.

I get the feeling our board aren't too fond of going down the 'foreign' route.

Without looking... apart from Elokobi on loan and Kilkenny, everyone of our players is British. Open to correction.

Adomah and Elliot are the other 2 ;)

Cisse, Bikey and Woods last year? Kossoko on trial this year? Plus Adomah. Doubt it's that mate, probably down worrying about the FFP ruling.

The point i was trying to make, was that most of our squad are used to a British culture and type of football.

Bringing in players from a foreign league seems a dim and distant past.

Even Udinese 2nd ( Watford ) have settled quicker than us...after a massive overhaul and foreign influx.

How the hell does that happen...yet we still limp along?

It does make you scratch your head and think....

Not watched the game or Buzaky play for a while. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we were very interested in signing him in the summer but could be Del then found strikers he wanted and preferable to have the formation 4-4-2. so therefore Busaky possibly only being plan B?

All just a guess mind you.

The point i was trying to make, was that most of our squad are used to a British culture and type of football.

Bringing in players from a foreign league seems a dim and distant past.

Even Udinese 2nd ( Watford ) have settled quicker than us...after a massive overhaul and foreign influx.

How the hell does that happen...yet we still limp along?

It does make you scratch your head and think....

Improving the scouting network has to happen before we can find overseas gems. Ours has deteriorated to farce in recent years.

Look at the Styvar debacle. Things like that put the money men off signing too many foreign players.

Wonder why the board never backed Del on this?

Was DM actually interested?

Was AB actually interested?

Would our manager/board not see the difference between a player who has played 200 games in England and one who scored a goal once against Aston Villa?

Perhaps more likely that:

a) SL bored of funding talented players that DM can't/won't fit in the team; and

b) DM realises that Ricky Foster has a far superior work rate which more than makes up for any talent deficit

Having said that Bolasie was born in France which plainly explains why he can play every week in a winning team for Cosmopolitan Crystal Palace but could expect no more than cameo appearances for British Bristol City. Furthermore, the referee at Peterboro plainly acknowledged that the assault on Cunningham was motivated and fully justified by the fact he was born in the Irish Republic

Well after getting burned by the likes of Styvar and Saborio Gary Johnson did say they would be very careful about foreign signings in future, and maybe the board have stuck with that.

We don't have much of a scouting network and I guess they feel the risks outweigh the potential benefits for us. It might be worth taking a bit of a punt in this direction, though, since we can't afford the British-based players of the required calibre.

Well after getting burned by the likes of Styvar and Saborio Gary Johnson did say they would be very careful about foreign signings in future, and maybe the board have stuck with that.

We don't have much of a scouting network and I guess they feel the risks outweigh the potential benefits for us. It might be worth taking a bit of a punt in this direction, though, since we can't afford the British-based players of the required calibre.

how much did we pay for Styvar again?

Archived